That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

I like seeing Seattle win but fear for them like you would seing kids playing in high speed traffic.

Poor Peyton. If NYJ goes all the way they couldnt have documented their season better. Between the series Hard Knocks (which I have yet to watch but will) to all of Rex Ryans interviews. Just like his dad. The biggest obstacle the Jets have is Mark Sanchez, but thats just my opinion. Sanchez reminds me of Vinnie Testaverde but with less talent. On the other hand if the Ravens won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB then the Jets can win with Sanchez at the helm.

I think the reason Seattle winning would bug some people is that it would force a lot of NFL fans to confront what is becoming steadily obvious: that the playoffs are far more random than we'd like to believe. Good teams still win more often, and great teams still win more often still, but upsets are common and we end up rendering huge verdicts about players, coaches, owners or teams in general based on very small sample sizes. Guys become supposed "chokers" or "clutch" performers based on almost nothing. The winners get the last word, so to speak, but the fact is the best team can quite easily lose. It's just one game, after all.

Anyway, Seattle winning this game, let alone another one, just sort of drives this point home. For a few teams home field advantage is a big factor, but for most it's really just binary: either you get in, or you don't, with little extra bonuses for home games or a bye week. But for the most part, it's just about whether or not you get in.

Yeah, I agree. There was a time in the NFL, that almost always, the best team would win. Especially in the playoffs. Not only is that not the case today its become status quo that mediocrity or "parity" is to be expected and celebrated. Which is exactly what the NFL wants as long as they keep making their money.

Personally, I miss the days when there was really good teams and a mediocre or bad team had to really work to get good and challenge the top tier teams. Now, all a team has to do is get lucky, not have too many injuries or play in a weak division.

Wow! TD Charles. That dude is quick. I haven't actually watched anything but highlights from the Kansas City games this year, so I'd only heard of his reputation, but he looks every bit as explosive just watching the game as his numbers would indicate.

Gunny called it, the Chiefs are getting slaughtetrd. Wait what, KC is winning?

They still could slaughter them, but the early going suggests that they've earned the right to be on the same field. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Sure does. As does this series, KC's first since the Charles 41-yard TD run:

Charles for 11.
Charles for 8.
Charles for 9.

Sick. That's 73 yards on 5 carries now.

Lets go eagles!

Yeah, not sure how I'd classify it. KC outplayed them in the first half, to my mind, but obviously didn't in the second half. So it goes. I'd certainly have rather played the Chiefs than the Ravens, as a Steelers fan, particularly given that the game will be here in Pittsburgh, but I'll take this. We're definitely a better team overall than Baltimore. Doesn't mean we'll win, of course, but we'll be favored by a bit, and we probably should be.

Green Bay looking good; glad I switched my pick. The thinking was that you can shut down Philly's offense if you get some pressure on Vick, and it seemed likely that a defense like Green Bay's would be able to, and they have. I think people lost their minds a little with Philly, if only because the team is so interesting and exciting at times.

Green Bay's a lot better than their seeding would indicate, too, I think. Dangerous team.

...if they win at all, of course. Game's still up in the air, though a decent drive here from Green Bay would seal the win. Either way, they've definitely managed to bottle up that potent Philly offense, so it's a great showing whether they hold on or not.

Kind of a bummer that we've got the Packers and Falcons playing next week now. I'd much rather see those two play a round later, in the NFC Championship. Oh well.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm really pissed at the Chiefs. They had the Ravens under control, then they got lazy. Fumbles, penalties, etc.

Oh well, live and learn.

I bet what's his face for the Eagles is really beating himself up after that "one foot out of bounds" penalty.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg