Remember your first?...

Tools    

Yeah, but you're only about five or six years older than me, Patti.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

yeah, and i've accumulated SO MUCH MORE knowledge than you, HOLDEN! (read as humorously self-depreciative)
you're on pretty late (early), eh? me too.
i've been trying to remember some of the movies i first saw at theatres and at the drive-in...i remember the settings more that the movie; expensive candy, popcorn on the floor, far away bathrooms, and finding your seat in the dark. as for the drive-in, man are people today missing out on a fun experience. are drive-ins making a come-back in some cities? Holden, oh human tome of knowledge?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by patti
are drive-ins making a come-back in some cities?
Not really. They just tore one down about 20 minutes from where I live, and I never got to see a flick there. Very sad.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
I have never seen a movie at a drive-in. How sad is that? ;(

I live in the boonies. There are STILL DRIVE-INS HERE! The land that time forgot! Ooooo. If first movie was a Disney -- never mind which one. (tee-hee)
Love to all,
Jozie

I think that drive-ins should play the classics during the week, and the current movies on the weekend. I would go to those.

Star Wars..when I was five

Now With Moveable Parts
Ah...Anton...a glimpse at an age. You've given it away. Welcome by the way...welcome to... * booming voice over*... MoFo!-call me Sades..if'n you want to call me.

Hey hey now...I thought we've had this discussion....no more flirting...it gets people uneasy. Not really, but it's fun to poke at it. ...carry on lads...

I was told there are theaters out there that make their money off of playing the old movies on the big screen. Just show the classics and all that, I wish there was a theater here that did that.

Yeah, I agree. If a movie theatre came out in a fairly populated area that boasted classic movie screenings in a genunely nice theatre, people would come, I'd bet. Not in droves, but enough to justify the place's existence. Or heck, each theatre can have a screen set aside for classic movies.

That would be sweet, but in my case, where I live in BFE, our theatre can't justify setting aside one screen for classics. It's bad enough as it is, that's why I go out of town to watch a good movie.

Mine was Star Wars. It was a double feature with Logans Run, which at the time I didn't particularly care for. That night, and about 40 nights following, I would stay up late bed-dreaming different scenarios where I was involved somehow with the Alliance, and of course, the Princess. I wanted, above all things, to be Hans...er, I guess I still do.

Anyhoo, lets get some input here, because I've made MoFo a nightly ritual, and there just aren't enough new posts. C'mon guys!

BTW, my first favorite movie was Journey to the Center of the Earth, with James Mason and Pat Boone. I was just a sperm the first time I saw that, and I was enthralled. Maybe you guys could add your first favorites along with your first theater visit.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I think my first THEATER experiance was Gremlins.
But my first "movie-outting" memory would be Drive In theater and would either be Star Trek Or Friday the 13th. Would have to check release dates to see which one was actually first.. but they are definately first memories....
My dad was a BIG movie junkie so every Friday and Saturday was spent at the Drive in.

They would have the new movie which would play Friday, along the new movie from the prior week, then Saturday would be Fridays new movie, and another new movie. So you would get Two shots of every movie. But seems they ran Friday the 13th ALOT cause we saw it atleast 4 times..it would always run as the first movie then the new one (what ever we would be there to see) would run second.

Mine was Harriet the Spy. Heck, I've only been to the theater three times; the first, followed by the live 101 Dalmations and Spider-Man. Ain't my life a trip?

I'm pretty sure Star Wars was my first as well. I was 4. I hope my parents didn't take me to movies before that, and I especially hope I wasn't one of those annoying little crying babies that ruin the movie for the rest of the audience.

im only a young lad of 17, so i cannot really say Star Wars was my first, i cannot remember my first but my most earlist memorable threatre moment was Aladdin, where we had won tickets from the radio to the premire.

The Future Ed Wood
mine was either ghostbusters 2 or Ninja turtles? which ever came first

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Ghostbusters 2 was summer '89, TMNT was spring '90.

Big ol' long thread on this subject HERE.

It was Herbie Rides Again and The World's Greatest Athlete double-feature at a Drive-In for this cowpoke, at least those're the first I have a memory of.