Monster Hunter

Tools    

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ca...er-1202807147/

"Constantin Film’s “Monster Hunter,” the video game adaptation budgeted at around $60 million, will go into production starting in September, re-teaming Constantin with its “Resident Evil” star Milla Jovovich, director Paul W. S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt.

Like “Resident Evil: the Final Chapter,” which grossed $312 million worldwide, “Monster Hunter” will shoot in South Africa, in and around Cape Town.

Special effects will be supplied by Toronto’s Technicolor-owned Mr. X, which worked on the “Resident Evil” franchise. Mr. X’s CEO Dennis Berardi will take a producer credit on the movie, which Moszkowicz said will be a highly stylish big screen adaptation of the video game.

“Monster Hunter” is envisioned as a film series: “We are in the business of brand creation,” Moszkowicz said."

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Right now there's a serious water crisis in Cape Town. They're missing the rain down in Africa. Wonder how that will affect shooting.
I wonder why the southern hemisphere drains like it does

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1146178

"Hip-hop artist turned actor T.I. Harris and grizzled acting vet Ron Perlman are joining Milla Jovovich in Monster Hunter, Screen Gems’ adaptation of the Capcom video game.

Harris is playing Link, a sniper, while Perlman will play a man named Admiral, the leader of the Hunter’s Crew.

The project, in the $60 million range, is set to begin shooting next month in South Africa."

Apparently Tony Jaa is going to be the main role from the game called "The Hunter" but isn't the main role in the movie.

So like, the plot evolving around the United Nations, and Jovovich will be a Special Forces Operative, with sniper characters and stuff as well?
None of this makes sense because the games were based in a fantasy history time period. It was swords and shields, magic and monsters... with The Hunter as the main character.
This is Jovovich taking the leading role away from the originals... she's basically playing Alice again.

Paul WS Anderson says he loves videogames, but going by this and the Resident Evil movies, he's obviously never played any.

I was listening to the commentary on Event Horizon, and he points at one of the objects that was floating in zero-gravity near the start of the movie... it's a book, and he points out that it's his autobiography.
Event Horizon was his 3rd movie.
So he directed 2 dodgy films, Shopping and Mortal Kombat, which was enough for him to think he was the greatest director alive and write an autobiography... what a bloated egomaniac.

Seriously, how does he get work?

Apparently Tony Jaa is going to be the main role from the game called "The Hunter" but isn't the main role in the movie.

So like, the plot evolving around the United Nations, and Jovovich will be a Special Forces Operative, with sniper characters and stuff as well?
None of this makes sense because the games were based in a fantasy history time period. It was swords and shields, magic and monsters... with The Hunter as the main character.
This is Jovovich taking the leading role away from the originals... she's basically playing Alice again.

Paul WS Anderson says he loves videogames, but going by this and the Resident Evil movies, he's obviously never played any.

I was listening to the commentary on Event Horizon, and he points at one of the objects that was floating in zero-gravity near the start of the movie... it's a book, and he points out that it's his autobiography.
So he directed 2 dodgy films, Shopping and Mortal Kombat, which was enough for him to think he was the greatest director alive and write an autobiography... what a bloated egomaniac.

He's still trying to get Milla to sleep with him.

Welcome to the human race...
F*ck it, I'm in.

I recall him saying somewhere he watches people play the games, which is...interesting. Kind of wonder if the increasingly action-oriented Resident Evil games were influenced by his films or the other way around.

This sounds like he was making a joke, but I'll have to listen to the commentary myself to confirm that.

Like I heard Chris Stuckmann say in his Resident Evil: Final Chapter review, as long as the films make back their budgets he effectively gets to do whatever he wants. Most of his films are glorified B-movies, after all, so it sounds easy for him to grind them out like he does.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Like I heard Chris Stuckmann say in his Resident Evil: Final Chapter review, as long as the films make back their budgets he effectively gets to do whatever he wants. Most of his films are glorified B-movies, after all, so it sounds easy for him to grind them out like he does.
Sounds like the Roger Corman way of making movies.

Suspect's Reviews

i dont think it will be good but never know cause milla jovovich is one of my favorite actresses loved her on resident evil and other movies and shes an amazing actress and the video game monster hunter is one of my favorite ps4 games