Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!

Tools    

The epic conclusion to the Sharknado trilogy is almost upon us. It premieres at 9 PM EST on Wednesday, July 22nd. Here's the trailer:
youtu.be/mAmYUt1-5Rg
(apparently I need more posts to link stuff, just copy + paste)

My expectations for this one aren't too high. The product placement in the promo really turns me off. B movie isn't a B movie if all of these corporations are running their hands in it. I like the first a lot and am mixed on the second, but I also think that the first one is more a product of its time than it is good: ignoring quality, it was both fun and original, something that I could say about absolutely no other movie from the summer of 2013. The originality is less and less every time. Still, I'll be watching. Ian Zeiring is such an uncharismatic lead and Tara Reid matches him in that respect. Mark Cuban will be a fun character. Anybody else here excited for this?

I have no desire to see any of the sharknado films... they are ridiculously stupid.

The first one was relatively entertaining (the one and only time I saw it was during a Rifftrax: Live event, but I do think there was one or two times I laughed at something non-riff related in there), but then the second one was just no fun, at all. So I'll be avoiding the third, and anything to do with it. Including the trailer.

I can't even watch these for a laugh. I have no idea how these things keep getting made, with the amount of product placement you'd think they'd have enough funding to get better effects......and actors.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I have no idea how these things keep getting made...
Social media phenomenon. Part of it is the amount of people talking about it, good and bad.

Welcome to the human race...
I'll watch it for laughs, and probably not the ones the filmmakers intended.
I think it's pretty clear by now that the people who make them know what they're doing and are trying to make them deliberately funny, so odds are you'll be playing into their hands.

Time will tell if I end up watching this.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Aren't they made by Asylum?

I think it's pretty clear by now that the people who make them know what they're doing and are trying to make them deliberately funny, so odds are you'll be playing into their hands.

Time will tell if I end up watching this.
That's the thing-I think it's both intentionally and unintentionally campy. The premise, effects, and acting are all people trying to make a bad B movie. The stupid dialogue ("Now I really hate sharks, too!" "No, that's definitely a tiger shark." "I thought you were Australian, not British.") is not trying to be the most inane thing ever, but because nobody at The Asylum cares about dialogue it is.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I think in their minds they legitimately think they're making a good movie. If you're the type of person that ENJOYS movies like these, then you would consider them good.

I'm sure they'd like a budget to make bigger blockbuster-style movies, but they'd still make them in the style of Sharknado. (Think movies like Armageddon. They're B movies that have big-name actors and great effects)

Of course I'll be watching this asap. Unlike most people (that's the phase I should've asked Yoda to search for in my posts ) I preferred the second to the first and this looks like (much) more of the same, so hopefully I'll enjoy it just as much, if not more. Looking forward to it.

The Terminator
The movie looks it is going to offer some hot stuff