Renfield (2023)

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Holy cow, he was right after all!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I remember Peter MacNicol playing Renfield in Mel Brooks' Dracula Dead and Loving It (1995).
I remember it because MacNicol had some of the funniest scenes (and while the movie overall was funny, it never compared to Young Frankenstein).

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, this doesn't look good. As much as I like Cage and think the premise of him playing Dracula would give him a good chance to really wild out, it sucks that it looks like the whole movie is not only going to treat him as a walking meme but play the whole thing as this ironically-detached action-comedy where neither the action or comedy seems any good. I thought enough people liked Pig that it would serve as a wake-up call to take Cage seriously again, but whoever made this doesn't seem to think so.

Right on time for this Renfield theater release I am seeing Mr. Cage's add-ons appear on magazine covers and in other corporate packaging word games. Reminds me of back in the 90s every blockbuster movie had 3 imitating parodies that nobody went to see. Now any words on the poster of this movie will be mirrored, rhymed and repeated in other unrelated media. Much like when Terminator 2 was a huge new thing all these exterminator adverts started showing up in the newspapers.

Nicholas Cage has add-ons LOL. I am going to see this movie.