Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
Erotic and tragic. Another very good Buñuel movie.
The film mix Séverine Serizy/Belle de Jour sex dreams with her reality.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Outfit - 8/10
Great crime/thriller. I don't like many from this genre, but this is real good.

Both excellent movies. Both of the movie leads are played by Australians. They really are very good very versatile actors.

The Possibilities Are Endless (James Hill & Edward Lovelace, 2014)
+
Mixed documentary about being made to rip it up and start again

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

: Filmmaker Gregory Lamberson adapts his own 2008 novel into what starts out as an emotional drama turned zombie comedy/horror film with some zingers from the titular character, played by Anthony de la Torre. Has a bit of an 80's feel to it, not surprisingly because Lamberson came up with the concept first in the 80s.

: A boxing champion lost it all as a kid when his family abandoned him. However, he became a champ in the ring only to lose it all again due to an accidental death in his home. Taking the rap, he goes to prison and gets released only to find himself on a slow road to redemption. Some nice twists in the story, including some unexpected reunions, and a great "angry" performance from Mark Rolston (as our hero's new employer turned trainer) that would make perhaps Robert De Niro or the late Robert Loggia proud.

Remake

Second viewing -

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Patti Cake$ (2017)

La Horse - 8.5/10
Wow. The other movie I saw by Pierre Granier-Deferre garnered a 9/10 (Les Chat), also starring Jean Gabin.. I love the actors from the 30s who were able to turn out great roles as grandfathers.

Silly and over emphasized music score but has some good performances from Pat Hingle and an all too brief Dennis Hopper. Eastwood is his usual icy self to perfection. There's a love interest that starts to blossom but never really goes much of anywhere. That's when the film started earning its keep for me. Not anything grand or artistic like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly but not a bad westerner with Clint.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

I liked this, daft and serious is a good trick to pull off. The two leads have a real chemistry. CGI overload but it was very engaging. Mindless and mindful 7/10.

Second viewing -

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:

Chitchat on the Nile - 9/10
Wow.. Someone please tell me you saw this. I haven't seen many Arabic/Persian speaking movies, but everyone I have seen has been great, and also very rule-breaking. This is based on the writings of Nobel Laureate Naguib Mahfouz - great story. The Lost Generation of Egypt with sex, drugs, and decadence during the 1967 War... PM me if you can't find it.