2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Happens to all the players on that team. Oh, and the fans.

Happens to all the players on that team. Oh, and the fans.

This was a portrait of myself making my first trade.

Welp, guess I'm looking for a new 1B. A particularly thin position at the bottom, too, so a bit worse than it'd normally be for a player of this caliber.

Also I renamed this thread since, even though we've often had separate threads for trades and for in-season (and general baseball) stuff, this time we've just been doing both in the same place.

The trick is not minding

Welp, guess I'm looking for a new 1B. A particularly thin position at the bottom, too, so a bit worse than it'd normally be for a player of this caliber.
I see your injury luck has followed you to this season.

It Follows is about fantasy sports and nobody can persuade me otherwise.

Anyway it's a bad start, but if this is the worst I get all year, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I've got a few guys that can stand over there. Let me know if you're interested in any of them.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

My inclination is to cast the line around and see what happens for a few weeks unless there's a really great fit, but maybe we can find something. Pretty sure the only positions I'd feel comfortable dealing from a position of excess, even with no games, are OF and (maybe) SP.

Having a fantasy team really increases opportunities for stress. Got worried when I saw "Mikolas" trending on Twitter today. Turned out he just signed an extension and was named Opening Day starter, which makes him the only one on my staff, even though he's my #3.

Having a fantasy team really increases opportunities for stress. Got worried when I saw "Mikolas" trending on Twitter today. Turned out he just signed an extension and was named Opening Day starter, which makes him the only one on my staff, even though he's my #3.
Yeah I was surprised to see Verlander slotted to pitch the 3rd game to start the season. Whoa. Definitely thought he'd be at least #2.

Yeah I was surprised to see Verlander slotted to pitch the 3rd game to start the season. Whoa. Definitely thought he'd be at least #2.
The Mets have their home opener on the 8th day/8th game of the season, so I think that would set up JV to pitch then. Could be that, or it could be based on which days he's pitched in ST so far. He's obviously not their 3rd best starter.

The Mets have their home opener on the 8th day/8th game of the season, so I think that would set up JV to pitch then. Could be that, or it could be based on which days he's pitched in ST so far. He's obviously not their 3rd best starter.

Could also be a "We want an ace to pitch in every series" thing.

Very soon, folks!
I am so ready.

Anyone think one of our team is the favorite to win this year? Yes picking yourself is allowed.

A system of cells interlinked
Hard to predict. As usual, I think shrewd management will take it away, and we know the guys that are able to bring this to the table each season. Just looking at the teams...PW has pretty solid offense with slightly suboptimal pitching on paper, but here's the thing... SPs are so hard to predict, unless you 1) secure multiple aces and 2) They stay healthy most of all of the season, so pretty much everyone's pitching has a question mark at this point. Anyway, PW has a shot, Mikey has Judge, who as we saw last season with my team, can pretty much carry you into the top rankings. My rounds 3-7 had multiple busts/injuries and I still grabbed silver, and Judge had a lot to so with it. Yoda is Yoda, and can manage The Bad News Bears into a gold...Cobb looks solid...

Hell, I dunno!

That's nice of you Seds. Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty happy with my team. We'll see how it shakes out!