Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Bad Son - 8/10
I saw an earlier movie with Patrick Dewaure which reminded me of Buffalo '66, and Vincent Gallo. Then I see this... A guy who gets out of prison.... The first thing I did was to look him up, thinking "He's probably dead" and come to see he did kill himself at the age of 35. Damn good actor.

Snooze factor rating = Z

Snooze factor rating = Zzzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

I was sure you would love Wendy and Lucy. I own Ocean’s 8, but haven’t seen it yet.

American Honey (2016)

A Royal Night Out (2015)

Blow-Up (1966)

Haven’t seen the middle movie, but the other two are good. Seen Blow Up a million times.

Weird is relative.

There's Something About Mary (1998)

There were a lot of gross-out moments in this which I didn't like. I don't think I laughed at anything.

It also made me terrified of starting to date again since this film shows how people can easily pretend to be what they think you want instead of showing you who they really are. On the plus side, Cameron Diaz is beautiful and her character in this film is lovely.

Noroît (1976, Jacques Rivette)
-

Another enigmatic, intellectually demanding piece of postmodern, experimental filmmaking from Rivette - temporally and spatially unspecific, very 'meta' in terms of narrative, very improvisational, but also rather frustrating in its impenetrability. The cinematography, location scenery, use of color and costumes were beautiful, almost magical at times, but I just had a really hard time getting into the story. Rivette's style is a tough nut to crack, for sure, and definitely an acquired taste.

This is my second Rivette, after "Celine and Julie...", and I enjoyed the latter a lot more - in fact, I thought that movie was a flat-out masterpiece.

Welcome to the human race...
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs -

Segments ranked:
1. "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs"
2. "The Mortal Remains"
3. "The Gal Who Got Rattled"
4. "Meal Ticket"
5. "All Gold Canyon"
6. "Near Algodones"

Unregistered User

The Other Side of the Wind (2018)

What an unbelievable piece of filmmaking. I loved the psychedelic feel to it, even though it didn't really strike me as Welles-esque, likewise the sex scene which was probably my favourite bit in the whole film. Lastly, Huston was magnificent as Hannaford, its just a pity we didn't see him and Orson together.

Anthropophagus (1980)

-

I love director Joe D'Amato even if he never made a good movie. He's a master of the seedy and sleazy. In this movie a killer(the great George Eastman) kills tourists on a scenic island. Much of it is pretty dull except for a few stand out scenes, one of which I'll describe by stealing from IMDb- "a pregnant woman is attacked by the monster who puts his hand up her dress and pulls her unborn fetus out of her vagina and takes a bite out of it." I think I did that once in my drinking days.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Beau Pere - 7.5/10
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Anthropophagus (1980)

-

I love director Joe D'Amato even if he never made a good movie. He's a master of the seedy and sleazy. In this movie a killer(the great George Eastman) kills tourists on a scenic island. Much of it is pretty dull except for a few stand out scenes, one of which I'll describe by stealing from IMDb- "a pregnant woman is attacked by the monster who puts his hand up her dress and pulls her unborn fetus out of her vagina and takes a bite out of it." I think I did that once in my drinking days.
Jesus! Thought that was just regular guts but that’s featus guts. That should not be eaten raw and without salt.

Jesus! Thought that was just regular guts but that’s featus guts. That should not be eaten raw and without salt.
That's actually his own guts in a different scene, although you are correct on how fetus guts should be eaten.