Rank How Important Rep Is

Tools    

What rating do you give receiving rep for your posts?
22.22%
6 votes
29.63%
8 votes
25.93%
7 votes
11.11%
3 votes
11.11%
3 votes
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
If there is a discussion for this, please delete. My search came up emptay .

I don't mean this one way or the other. I know how I feel about rep and I'm curious to see the similarities or differences among others.

The truth is in here
Encouraging comments are what I appreciate the most, but rep really helps me gain motivation to write more reviews (which is why it sucks when I get none at all).

So... 4.

I love it – and it's the only site I've ever been part of that uses that feature.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I know a lot of people don't care for it, but I like it. It's unique to this site. I will say though, that back when there was negative rep....boy....people were really petty back then.

Suspect's Reviews

It's not important for me to get it, but it's important for me to give it. I like people to know that someone is paying attention, especially when I don't have time to comment.

It's not important for me to get it, but it's important for me to give it. I like people to know that someone is paying attention, especially when I don't have time to comment.
Quoted for truth.

It's nice to get it, but I'm not discouraged if I don't.

Welcome to the human race...
I voted
not because I think it's unimportant but out of sheer resentment at the idea that I ever considered it important enough to keep trying to earn it and now can't break the habit.

I can take it or leave it.
I do prefer to leave it though.

It's not that important to me. It let's me know if ppl notice what I post. But not necessary. I will quote it post comment if I feel the need to discuss but I'm ****ty about repping. My mentions are off and have been for a while so I have no clue if someone is talking to me.

I want to vote

Like Movie Gal, me getting reps is just so I know when people have seen something.
It is nice though when people rep something of mine because they like it rather than just a notification of seeing it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was thinking about making a thread about reps in general.. For example, do you rep only if you like the movie, or do you rep because of the effort to watch something.. What do you do if someone has multiple movies, and you love half, and hate the other half? Those are the ones I don't rep because I want to be accurate.

I like the rep system...much more for giving reps to others, than for receiving them. Though, it's good to get reps too. It's like getting a smile from someone and that's always nice

I like to rep people to let them know different things such as:
  • I read your post and I agree
  • Wow that's a bummer my heart goes out to you
  • I love that movie too
  • I'm disagreeing with your viewpoint, but like you
  • Thanks for the help in a previous post

To me giving a rep is liking being kind to another person. It's a pity some think of reps as a negative thing, they're not.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I only ever post here for rep.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.