Name a podcast a MoFo'er like you would listen to

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Podcasts are great for on the go entertainment. No radio reception? podcast. Horrible radio programming? podcast. Your favorite person? More than likely they have a podcast. There are even podcasts about movies made by green beings.

Take a moment and share some of your go to podcasts.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I enjoy NPR: Radiolab. I posted a link in the shout the other day just because I thought the particular show was pretty interesting.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Gonna second Radiolab. Not only because they usually choose interesting subjects, but because they have the best sound design of any podcast that I've heard. It's really apparent they care about podcasts as a medium.

Their episode "Loops" is one of my favorite podcasts of all time: https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/161744-loops/
(I was so glad they brought up William Basinski too)

Other than that, I like Philosophy Bites, because it's short enough to listen to multiple times, which is the only way ideas actually stick with me.

OH! And this only sorta counts, but Intelligence Squared Debates (IQ2). I'm extremely skeptical of statements like "X activity will make you a better person"....but I think it legitimately makes me a better person. I don't listen to them very often because I actually find it very (positively) intimidating because I know I'll often spend hours unpacking what's being said.

For casual listening (i.e. I can work while listening because it's not SO detailed that it takes all of my focus) I'll dabble in NPR news, Freakonomics (which is more and more pop-Econ, but that does make it more of a breezy listen), and the 538 Politics podcast.

Oh, and obviously the MOFO podcast, primarily because I can hear the handsome dripping through my headphones.

Jokes aside, and maybe this is just super arrogant, I'm sincerely surprised at how good these come out. On a personal level I have a ton of gratitude for being involved because being around smart people brings out a side of me that I dearly want to nurture. I legitimately think they are of absurd quality for non-professionals, and I don't think that's purely self-interested bias because even the ones I'm not a part of are truly well done.

NPR on Saturday is one of my favorite times of the week. Good time to be outside doing stuff with the radio on.

Regardless of what the world thinks of Hardwick, most "interview" pods pale in comparison. That dude really did his work and had a nice pile of questions. Too many (especially the comedians) just ramble .

Ryen Russillo's podcast is great for sports, because he is on top of whatever he's covering. He is really in tune with the NBA and is usually on the nose with his tips and prognostications. Plus he throws in some randomness.

Love Tom Segura and Christina P. (shoutout Road Rules!) and I listen to Your Mom's House, but there isn't much there.

Joe Rogan is a real good conversationalist, but a lot of his stuff ends up on a one-way train to crazy town.

Joey Diaz is funny and outrageous, but his stuff devolves into old man stories about being a criminal.

Tell Em' Steve Dave is another one.

A system of cells interlinked

Beauty and the Beta with Matt Christiansen and Blonde in the Belly of the Beast. Definitely right-leaning. You have been warned!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
1. A comprehensive history of pinku eiga phenomenon in Japanese cinema.
2. An in-depth analysis of humanist cinema, greatest works, contemporary examples, literary inspirations.
3. Metaphysica, or how 2+2=5.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Filmspotting A bit on the long side, but I always enjoy their reviews and their top 5 segments.

How Did This Get Made? Hilarious. They take bad films and dissect why on earth this film got made. There are live audience episodes and in house episodes, usually they have guests. They recently did Striptease.

Unspooled This one has Paul Scheer, who also does How did this get made? But this is the opposite. They tackle the AFI's top 100 films and discuss each film. Usually have a guest for a small segment. The one episode they had the guy who trained all the actors for Platoon.

Suspect's Reviews

Rob Reid (the man behind Rhapsody originally) has his own podcast called 'After On'. On the same kind of level as Sam Harris in a sense. Pretty deep conversations about interesting topics.

I had forgotten about "You Made It Weird" with Pete Holmes. Funny that I'm not a big fan of his, but he is a good conversationalist. Not a lot of rambling, but always ends up in the philosophy corner. Close to Hardwick as far talking skills go.

I love Burr, but I haven't been bit by his show. The couple I listened to were such rambles, that I haven't really gone back to him.

The Nerdist/ Id10T pod with Sharlto Copley is great. I never realized how accomplished this guy is. Loved hearing about how they shot D9. Made me wonder how much credit Blomkamp should actually get.

In honor of Christopher Robin coming out this week...

The entire podcast is good, but Soder's Winnie the Pooh impression kills. He does the best Macho Man that I know of, yet his Pooh may be better.

If you just want to hear the impression, you can click the link to the Nerdist media player and skip to 1:28:00 . It is super short, but I liken it to the experience one gets from eating caviar.

'Soundtracking' is a favourite of mine. Edith Bowman talks to movie Directors / producers and composers about how music fits into film. They play records from the films they are discussing and delve into the guests' filmography. Really good.

'The Film Programme' is supposed to be good too. But I've not heard it.

For comedy, you can't beat 'Athletico Mince', but I'm not sure any non British people would find it funny.

Just dl'ed Superman: IV episode today. Good stuff so far. I've been a fan of Mantzoukas since he was in the League.

Just rode in to see Eighth Grade listening to the Bill Simmon's podcast @ 47:52, featuring Bill's eighth grade daughter and Bo Burnham.

His daughter has already watched the screener 4 times.

The truth is in here
Maybe I'm weird, but I've never been interested in listening to podcasts (outside of ones I've been in, and even then I will kinda cringe). Which is ironic considering I made one myself once, but I think I prefer livestreams in that case. They are more interactive, watching a livestream with Gillian Anderson is the closest I get to being face-to-face with her