The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's

→ in
Tools    

Definitelty. The 40's is going to be something the majority of the site are going to have to watch stuff for, only 5 or 6 had a list they were happy with ready i imagine.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Only 8, but I have a feeling that the majority of the lists are going to be coming in pretty close to the deadline.
I didn't forget SV. My list is almost set, just putting it in order.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Do give us a few reminders when the deadline is near! I have 15 locked in but the lower ten could be shaken up a bit if I see anything else really good, and although I could put together a list now, I'd like to submit a list of 25 I really liked.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I do believe I've finished seeing my final film. I've already lost positions to old favorites to new ones. So I'm more than a little worried about losing anymore of them if I continue watching movies I haven't seen. lol

Besides, I'll check off movies IN the actual list and check 'em out later. So I should be getting my list in within the next day or two.

BTW, that final film was Arch of Triumph with Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman & Charles Laughton, which I'll post about in the Last Movie Watched thread later this evening.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
So I should be getting my list in within the next day or two.
OK. Sounds good. But I won't be expecting it that soon as you said this:
I will be getting my list in within the next week or so
3 weeks ago.

But don't rush with sending it to me (not yet, anyway ). I know how you are saying that you had to knock a few off some favorites from your list for other films, but you don't want to knock off anymore. I would rather you take the time and be certain about your films instead of regretting them. So you still have enough time to really work on your list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
OK. Sounds good. But I won't be expecting it that soon as you said this:

3 weeks ago.

But don't rush with sending it to me (not yet, anyway ). I know how you are saying that you had to knock a few off some favorites from your list for other films, but you don't want to knock off anymore. I would rather you take the time and be certain about your films instead of regretting them. So you still have enough time to really work on your list.

No! Really! I SWEAR!!!

I think for me if I see any more I'll lose more spots from old time favorites
But I will think it over seriously before sending them to ya.

One month to go until the deadline.

F.Y.I. (in case I forget to mention this later), if you PM your list to me, I respond as soon as I see it. But if there is a chance that anyone should send a list to me this upcoming weekend, go ahead and still do it, but I won't respond to it until, probably, Monday night (the 14th). I am going to be out of town this weekend.

It has been a fairly busy week for me this past week. So I didn't get to mention that we have received 2 more lists. They are from Citizen Rules and Loner. So that makes 11 so far. Keep them coming! There is still time (but not as much as you'd think - only 20 more days to go until the deadline!).

Oh yeah.... perhaps I should see to this list soon. Once again I have told myself how much time I had and now suddenly I have almost none.

I'll see if maybe perhaps hopefully I can watch at least one single tiny little 40s film before I send in my list.

spookiemoviemania and Marlon Brando have submitted the 14th and 15th lists.

And it looks like we really have an interesting mix of films as possible contenders for the countdown.

Welcome to the human race...
I totally forgot about this and haven't really been cramming for it like other people have been doing. I could probably still send in a satisfactory top 25 by the deadline but yeah, it'll just be whatever. Most of my list submissions are like that.

The 40's is most likely my least favourite decade for cinema. I doubt my list is gonna be 25 but I'll submit it at the last minute just in case I can shove in a few more classics.
I totally forgot about this and haven't really been cramming for it like other people have been doing. I could probably still send in a satisfactory top 25 by the deadline but yeah, it'll just be whatever. Most of my list submissions are like that.
Haven't watched nearly enough films from the decade. I might just send in a partial list.
Whatever you guys end up submitting is fine with me. The deadline is still 2 weeks away. So there is enough time to get in a few more films, if you choose to do so. Otherwise, if a partial list is all that can be done, that is OK, too.

I sent mine yesterday.
Your list makes #16, and I got a list from GulfportDoc yesterday, as well, to make it our 17th list.

Oh ****, you mean I sent mine EARLY?

Dafu....? I thought I was just making the deadline!
Well, there are only 2 weeks left. If you are like me and you finish things at the last minute, then, yes, you did send it early.

I plan on finally having mine finished sometime this week, though. I don't really have any more excuses left for why I haven't finished mine by now.

Unregistered User
I have my list more or less sorted. Didn't get time to watch all those that I wanted but still happy with it. I'll try and get The Devil and Daniel Webster watched before I submit it.