Who wants to be on our next podcast?

Tools    

If it's not Skype, how would it work?
Technically I can just call anyone on a normal phone line through Skype, but it costs a little bit. Not enough to preclude it, but given that Skype sounds much better and most of the volunteers have it available, I'd more or less consider it a requirement going forward.

Legend in my own mind
Technically I can just call anyone on a normal phone line through Skype, but it costs a little bit. Not enough to preclude it, but given that Skype sounds much better and most of the volunteers have it available, I'd more or less consider it a requirement going forward.

Oh I have Skype. So yeah, put me on the list.

Thanks guys. Will be in touch.

Might be awhile: we do these, at most, once every 4-6 weeks, so even if you're just third or fourth in line, it'll be a few months.

Don't think i'd come on one on account of my Glaswegianitis. But was just wondering is this related to False Writers Movie of the Month thread or something else?

Yeah, it's tied into that. We're still sort of feeling both out, but they're meant to be one and the same. Which, granted, might mean tweaking that "of the Month" part.

Don't think i'd come on one on account of my Glaswegianitis. But was just wondering is this related to False Writers Movie of the Month thread or something else?
Yup as Yoda said we're still gonna try to keep those going again like they used to. With so many new members now it seems to be as good a time as ever to start it back up!

Yup as Yoda said we're still gonna try to keep those going again like they used to. With so many new members now it seems to be as good a time as ever to start it back up!
Holy ***** man.

@Yoda .... yeah

I don'r even, hahahhahah, .

Bump. Going to start scheduling this this week. If you wanna get on the waiting list, let me know. Fair warning: we do these every 4-6 weeks, and have several people interested already, so there's a good chance, if it happens, it wouldn't even be for a few months. But don't let that deter you if you think you'd really like it and/or might be good at it!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm looking forward to listening to these. Do you guys regularly have verbal punch ups when you have opposing PoVs? That would be fun. I'll dust off Mr D's popcorn maker.

Again, for me it'll be down to the movie chosen due to me having limited funds and access to stuff I don't already own

But yeah, pencil me in for one at some point

I'll throw you both on the list. Could be awhile, as I mentioned. And hell, maybe Brendan comes back and this whole thing sorts itself out. A lot can change. But, if nothing changes, we'll just go down that list.

I'm looking forward to listening to these. Do you guys regularly have verbal punch ups when you have opposing PoVs? That would be fun. I'll dust off Mr D's popcorn maker.
Heh, not yet! There've been some disagreements, but really minor ones, and usually just differences in emphasis. It helps that everyone we've had on has been friendly and thoughtful and everyone's making a good faith effort to hear each other out, though. And the last few we've done have been less about subjective things and more about the actual content of the film, if that makes sense, so there's more just a listing of metaphors and observations and stuff, and less straight-up opinions about what was good or bad.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well that's no fun, Yods. My fave movie critics of all time (now retired which is sad) used to bicker like an old married couple. I miss them.

I agree, actually, that that can make for the best conversations. But it also requires a lot of mutual respect and a really strong rapport, I think. Hopefully that's something we grow into just by doing these more, having the same people back, etc.