Hollywood Homicide

→ in
Tools    

BANNED
I enjoyed it! It was a funny movie and Ford showed some great comedy ability in the movie. Great movie for a date or just for the heck of it. I'd definitely recommend it!

It was beauty killed the beast.
Very bad in Kong's opinion. Too long, not very funny, and the characters and plot were extremely dull. Better Dialogue, colorful characters, about 20 minutes shaved off the running time, and a plot that didn't feel like a dumbed down cribbing of a Law and Order premise could have made the movie much better.

EDIT: More complaints.

Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett lack chemistry big time! Their chemistry is even worse the De Niro's and Murphy's in Showtime. Speaking of Josh Hartnett, he is the worst casting choice for a homicide detective that Kong has ever seen; completely unconvincing.

Furthermore, as hard as the side stories try to cover-up the excruciatingly bland main plot line they still feel forced and unnecessary. It's also heartbreaking to see Martin Landau, Eric Idle, and others get pulled into the mess of film.

*1/2 of **** (And that is a generous rating.)

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought the movie was wonderful. It took the typical plotline and made it something wholly original. The only things that I really didn't like from the movie were the "you killed my father" typical badguy and the typical black chief. Other than that, I really loved the film.

***1/2 out of ****

.....crap......I agree with Django..........Oh well. I really did like this movie. This could be because for me, the most important element of the film is the enjoyable factor. I found the movie very enjoyable and funny.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Thats crazy. I take it Hartnett won?

Harrison took it easy on 'em.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Zeiken
Kong, you mentioned they didnt have any chemistry between hartnett anf ford, did you hear ford is sueing hartnett. supossedly they got in a huge fistfight during early production!
That would explain a lot.

BANNED
Well, here's hoping Ford is back in form with the next movie on his agenda . . . Indiana Jones IV!

I didn't even bother seeing this dog until it had been on cable for a few years. Yowza. You can kind of see what the script must have been going for, but the tone was terribly inconsistent, and worse still it was B-O-R-I-N-G. This flick's failure, coupled with his previous efforts Play it to the Bone stinking just as bad (if not worse) and Dark Blue being much less than it should have been (despite a good performance from Kurt Russell), it effectively killed Ron Shelton's directorial career. Started off like gangbusters with Bull Durham, followed in short order by White Men Can't Jump and Tin Cup...but after this dull turd, he was done.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra