360 or PS3

Tools    

I just bought a Ps3 about a month ago. I really like it. I cant stop playing Madden10 online though. I have other games but Madden is so addicting!

PS3 all the way. It's the ultimate entertainment system. I do everything on my PS3 from playing games to DVDs to Music. I would have almost nothing to do by myself if I didn't have my PS3.

In terms of online stuff, I would give X-BOX the edge as there is less lag and it just feels like a smoother service. That's not to say that the PS3 online capabilities are rubbish..it's still pretty cool but I do have issues with lag a lot. Otherwise it's a simple, easy to use service. And like Tacticus said, it's free.

X-BOX games are a bit overrated. Almost all of it's exclusive noteworthy titles are shoot em ups. PS3 has a more diverse range of games nowadays. And obviously I don't even have to mention Blu Ray. PS3 is must own, mate. Go for it.

PS3 all the way. It's the ultimate entertainment system. I do everything on my PS3 from playing games to DVDs to Music. I would have almost nothing to do by myself if I didn't have my PS3.
Same goes for the X-Box 360. I watch all my movies through 360 whether DVDS, DVDRs or through my external hard drive on my computer. As well as music on CDs, MP3s and Zune (for music and movies) and even Last FM. Just to name a few options 360 is capable of giving for endless entertainment value

I just got a PS3 slim, I reallly like it, and I must say the web browsing and other features are impressive. Plus, the failure rate is much lower. IMO, sony usually delivers well on the hardware side. I still love many 360 games though.

...uh the post is up there...

2010 Exclusives

PS3
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
The Last Guardian
Modnation Racers
Twisted Metal

Mass Effect 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Alan Wake
Crackdown 2
Halo Reach

I've decided guys I am getting a PS3 thanks for all of the help not just because of the games but also the features plus some of the games coming for 360 i can still play on a PC

Big Chico's Movie Blog
PS3 is a waste. I keep all my movies (blu ray)on a hard drive and play they through my 360. 360's games are better and from what I hear so is the support.I know 360 has it's problems but it's vastly better then PS3.

PS3 is a waste. I keep all my movies (blu ray)on a hard drive and play they through my 360. 360's games are better and from what I hear so is the support.I know 360 has it's problems but it's vastly better then PS3.
I just got a new hard drive for xmas. It holds up to 3,000 movies. I'm slowly getting DVD versions of all my VHS movies. Then I'll place all my DVDr movies onto it and then my screeners, DVD screeners, workprints and everything else. I also have a folder for TV. I only have Lost on it so far - seasons 1-5.

You ready? You look ready.
The 360 is inferior to the PS3 when comparing multimedia playback. For example, the only way to have 5.1 sound in a video file on the 360 is to have it encoded in Microsoft's exclusive WMV-5.1. The PS3, however, can pass any standard 5.1 audio track from video files to the receiver (Dolby Digital and DTS). The video codec support is also better on the PS3 versus the 360, especially HD ones.

Neither can play MKVs, unfortunately, so that's a strike against the both of them.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The People's Republic of Clogher

Neither can play MKVs, unfortunately, so that's a strike against the both of them.
Which is where PS3 Media Server comes in handy. Or MKV2VOB.

In terms of being a media centre, I agree, the PS3 is just better. The 360 isn't crap, mind, just not as good.

Which is where PS3 Media Server comes in handy. Or MKV2VOB.

In terms of being a media centre, I agree, the PS3 is just better. The 360 isn't crap, mind, just not as good.
Indeed, I use MKV2VOB and can have a MKV ready to play on my system with 5.1 sound in 10 minutes. There's NO way I can do that on the 360. And not only that...I can save such media to my PS3's hard drive. The 360 can't even do that...a feature even a basic computer can do.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Then you factor in Wi-Fi (standard on PS3, extra on 360) and the ease of upgrading the hard drive on the PS3, it's a great all-rounder.

I put a 360GB drive in my PS3 a few months back and all I needed was a screwdriver... Oh yeah, and it cost half the price of the 120GB unit that M$ makes.

You want to post like me?
INfamous. Main reason to get a ps3 right there. (For me).
And the play as the Joker challenge in arkham asylum.
Oh and the fact that PS3s don't break half the time. And that they don't sound like rocket engines when you turn them on.
And the fact that you don't have to buy additional hardware if you want to hook it up to the internet wireless. Or buy additional hardware if you want a rechargeable controller. Oh and the bluray player.
S'all I got.

And your point? Any file can be transferred into an avi file in order to be played onto an X-Box 360. Included mkvs.

Oh and the fact that PS3s don't break half the time. And that they don't sound like rocket engines when you turn them on.
And the fact that you don't have to buy additional hardware if you want a rechargeable controller.
S'all I got.
Nothing breaks if you take care of it (js), my Xbox-360 is quiet as mouse and I didn't need to buy additional hardware, it came with my 360.
S'all I got

You want to post like me?
And your point? Any file can be transferred into an avi file in order to be played onto an X-Box 360. Included mkvs.

Nothing breaks if you take care of it (js), my Xbox-360 is quiet as mouse and I didn't need to buy additional hardware, it came with my 360.
S'all I got
So the whole Red Ring Of Death thing was just a cleaning problem? The standard 360 controller comes with a case for batteries. You have to buy the rechargeable one. You also have to buy extra hardware to get a wireless internet connection. You might have gotten all that stuff in the package you bought, but you still paid extra for it.

So the whole Red Ring Of Death thing was just a cleaning problem? The standard 360 controller comes with a case for batteries. You have to buy the rechargeable one. You also have to buy extra hardware to get a wireless internet connection. You might have gotten all that stuff in the package you bought, but you still paid extra for it.
I dont get a red ring of death. Never have. My system came packed with a recharging unit. I paid nothing extra. I didnt mention or quote anything about the wireless internet connection

If you knew anything about MKVs...you'd know how stupid you sound.

If you knew anything about MKVs...you'd know how stupid you sound.
LMFAO how do I sound stupid? Millions of people transfer all kinds files into AVI format. AVI is the better format anyway for my hard drive.