X-box 360

Tools    

Yes, you did. You quoted B-card, who explained his use of the word "corrupted" like this:

"In a way that I can download games instead of buying them..."

Your response to that quote was:

"That's what's called "modded" not corrupted."

My response is that that is not called "modded," and that his use of the word "corrupted" was perfectly understandable to everyone else based on the context he used. It's all right up there.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
The xbox 360 is good, though they tend to have hardware problems, but they come with a 1 year warranty and a 3 year RROD and tend to have good tech support.

Plus with the new chips that run cooler, it shouldn't be a problem.

I prefer the 360 over the ps3

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Yes, you did. You quoted B-card, who explained his use of the word "corrupted" like this:

"In a way that I can download games instead of buying them..."

Your response to that quote was:

"That's what's called "modded" not corrupted."

My response is that that is not called "modded," and that his use of the word "corrupted" was perfectly understandable to everyone else based on the context he used. It's all right up there.
If you read the rest of what i quoted instead of just putting part of it you would see what I was actually referring to..

Originally Posted by B-card
...you just put a chip and you can play downloaded games....
THAT is what I meant by when I said modded. Which I then referred to that with....

Originally Posted by Jrs
That's what's called "modded" not corrupted
There is no need for some idiotic comment telling me I have problems, let alone telling me EVERYONE thinks I do.

There is no need for some idiotic comment telling me I have problems, let alone telling me EVERYONE thinks I do.

We do, though.

Anyway, is it true you can't play Modern Warfare 2 on chipped X-Boxs? And that's all anyone wants a console for at the moment anyway, right.

If you read the rest of what i quoted instead of just putting part of it you would see what I was actually referring to..
The part about the chip wasn't in reference to the X-Box, it was in reference to his old PS2. He didn't actually say he was modding his X-Box.

And, again, his usage of the word "corrupted" was plainly obvious given his context. There's simply no reason to go out of your way to try to "correct" him. Seriously, explain that to me. What were you hoping to accomplish?

Yeah, there is. Because you keep picking bizarre, petty fights with people overly incredibly pedantic things. I'm only going to warn you so many times.

Needlessly (and erroneously) correcting people qualifies. And you've probably gotten into 3 or 4 of these pointless tussles over the last month alone; I'm not just referring to this one.

Needlessly (and erroneously) correcting people qualifies.
No it doesn't , and I was quoting B-card. It wasnt even to you in the first place so you shouldnt have to be concerned. If he has a problem with me correcting a word, he would have said something to me.

End of discussion.

He didn't address you with his original comment, but that didn't stop you from jumping in, and that works both hways. If you correct someone publicly, be prepared for a public response. If you didn't want that to happen, you could have contacted him privately, though going out of your way to make this kind of correction is hopelessly petty in any medium, even if the correction was accurate (which, again, it wasn't).

I'm really not willing to dedicate much more time to explaining basic social dynamics to you. It's something you're going to have to work out on your own time at some point. In the mean time, please avoid antagonizing people for no reason.

wow take it easy guys

Just one more thing how long did it take you to get used to the controller when playing FPS games ?

He didn't address you with his original comment, but that didn't stop you from jumping in, and that works both hways. If you correct someone publicly, be prepared for a public response. If you didn't want that to happen, you could have contacted him privately, though going out of your way to make this kind of correction is hopelessly petty in any medium, even if the correction was accurate (which, again, it wasn't).

I'm really not willing to dedicate much more time to explaining basic social dynamics to you. It's something you're going to have to work out on your own time at some point. In the mean time, please avoid antagonizing people for no reason.
I just want to add my last bit to this conversation. His original comment, part of something towards Taxi Driver was posted on a "public" board. ANYONE on here could have jumped in. And why would why I possibly need to contact him privately for?

I just want to add my last bit to this conversation. His original comment, part of something towards Taxi Driver was posted on a "public" board. ANYONE on here could have jumped in. And why would why I possibly need to contact him privately for?
Thanks for making my point: the board is public, which means anyone can jump in. That includes me, if I think you're correcting someone erroneously.

Just one more thing how long did it take you to get used to the controller when playing FPS games ?
I can't offer tons of relevant info here, but I tried it for a bit on a friend's console (Halo 3, I think it was), and I gave up before I could even get comfortable with it. It's just too weird, if you're already used to the keyboard.

I'm sure some of the others here have more experience, though. But I found it very frustrating.