Looking for old Sci-Fi Movie

Tools    

Hello again,

I'm trying to remember the title of an old science fiction film I saw as a kid.
I think it was from the 1950's or 60's and was about two warring alien races secretly battling it out on Earth. Much like John Carpenter's They Live, the aliens had assumed human form and could only be identified by wearing special sunglasses. The film began with a man (really an alien) killing another alien in a gun battle (possibly at an airport or bus/train station) then vaporising the body with his pistol. He then met and fell in love with a woman to whom he tried to explain the situation.

WARNING: "film ending" spoilers below
I think the film ended with her killing him in a gun duel; the final shot was through his dropped sunglasses and revealed her to be one of the enemy aliens.

I've always thought the film was called The Love Match, but when I put that into IMDB it brings up a completely different synopsis.

I also remember my dad telling me to 'turn that crap off' at the time, so I'm guessing it's not a great flick; nevertheless I want to see it again so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Loner,

I'm rather embarrassed because I actually found the title about five minutes after posting this. Problem was every time I googled 'aliens' and 'sunglasses' it just gave me They Live. Looks like it's not such a bad movie after all, the final shot certainly left a lasting impression on me. Only problem now is trying to track down a copy.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I saw that movie when it first aired on ABC in 1970, but it obviously left less of an impression on me because I didn't even connect it to your question.