The Lighthouse

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
WARNING: "not really, but..." spoilers below
Basically a purgatory/prometheus tale for killing the guy?

I didn't pick up on much and I miss subtitles for some of Dafoe's monologue, I didn't even understand he was saying Promethean.

So, Pattinson's character killed a dude and this was his purgatory? Don't you have to die first?

I liked the movie for the spectacle. The message, hasn't it been done enough by now? Such great acting and vision, but I don't get much out of this story.

Oh I'm excited about this..

What?
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Unregistered User
Watched it last night, great film, one of the best I've seen this year. Feel like I've said that quite a lot this past few weeks but still, The Lighthouse is an outstanding piece of work. It took me a while to appreciate The Witch but this was instant.

Watched it last night, great film, one of the best I've seen this year. Feel like I've said that quite a lot this past few weeks but still, The Lighthouse is an outstanding piece of work. It took me a while to appreciate The Witch but this was instant.
It's unbelievably good.