Need help with an old kung fu comedy/parody

Tools    

Years ago my brother mentioned some Chinese- or Hong Kong-made kung fu comedy he'd seen at what passed for our local grindhouse theater. The only thing I have to go on is that people would spit blood whatever the cause. Stomp on a guy's foot, he spits blood. No idea of the vintage, and I doubt it was Jackie Chan or my brother probably would have mentioned it (no guarantee, though). Ring any bells?

Thanks in advance. [Insert blood-spitting emoticon here.]

Kung Pow! Enter the Fist?

Thanks for the ideas, but it was probably the late '80s or early '90s when he told me this (oh, sorry, guess I could've narrowed down the vintage, after all) and he and I saw "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" together (hilarious flick, by the way). I'm not familiar with "Flirting Scholar" or "Enter the Fist", but I'll check them both out and let you know. Thanks again, all!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This rings a bell. I remember seeing a movie where a guy got stabbed in the foot and he projectile vomited blood. Hilarious, but I can't remember what it was.

Yeah, that screamingly funny segment from Kentucky Fried Movie was called "Fistful of Yen". Classic!

Oops, Netflix promises a "very long wait" for Flirting Scholar, but for what it's worth it's at the head of my queue. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist and Kung Fu Hustle are too recent for the movie I'm looking for, but still look fun, so I'll check them out anyway. Thanks!