The 2014 NFL Playoffs Thread

Tools    

If people get caught and punished things are pretty quickly forgotten. Especially if people come clean after. Its when people think something is being hidden or they are blatantly being lied to that these things hang on.

Need proof. Name five people in baseball that haven't come clean about steroid use, easy. Now name five that got caught and immediately came clean, probably can't.

I would say you make a good point about how the general public looks at these things, although often times when these players get caught doing something, it's cut and dry with no room for denial.

Not an invalid argument, but lots of guys caught using steroids have tried to deflect blame to doctors, cream, and ignorance. I just don't see how someone as smart as Belichik doesn't see how his attitude and answers to allegatons makes everything worse. If he continues to misdirect these things will never go away. Not because of some kind of anti-patriot bias but because of an anti-bs bias.

I would agree with that; I think Belichick's public demeanor rub's a lot of people the wrong way, and especially people in the media who are responsible for most of the information that the public is privy to.

You don't have to answer this on the Patriots big day, we can go into it another time if you want. You and Sedai have both stated that Belichick's demeanor is a problem. Do you think he is an honest guy?

If its not obvious, I think he is full of it most of the time. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want him coaching my team though.

Sean, you never know, but I have no reason to believe he is dishonest. He's a perfectionist, and some of the things he learned about presentation were from Bill Parcells. Take Spygate, if you're trying to do something sneaky and cheat, you don't do it in frnot of the other team, the commissioner, and the whole rest of the world. He thought he was within the rules, and this is something that he has talked about.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
He thought he was within the rules, and this is something that he has talked about.
Hahahaha, good one. This reminds me, I have a bridge you may be interested in.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
When you do something right in front of everyone with no effort to hide it, what does that tell you?
That you're arrogant and brazen.

Not sure if the Pats wanted to play a road game today, but I think that's what they're gonna get. The 12's are fired up!

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
The Waiting is over! May all controversies vanish into "The Dust of History!". Go Seahawks!

I'm tempted to open a Super Bowl Commentary Thread. Should I or is everyone just gonna chat in here?

I think I won't open one now.

Great first half but boy does that Seattle defense need to tighten up. So glad Carrol took that last shot at the end zone. I was screaming at Colinsworth, as I often do.