Kiss of the Dragon

→ in
Tools    

Rock God
i'm a pretty big jet li fan, and i was thinking of seeing kiss of the dragon tomorrow. i have read some mediocre reviews, and some downright negative reviews, but the critics aren't watching the movie from a fan's perspective, like i would be. has anyone seen it? what do they think?

It is a great action flick. The story-line is pretty basic, but for some reason the acting and directing are so delicate. If you put the same cast and director together on another story-line it would get the oscar. I loved it personally, and can only think of one small thing that bothered me about it.

Rock God
ok, thanks. i'm gonna see it tomorrow probably, if i get a chance, and i will repost and let you guys know if i thought it was good or not. thanks again :-)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Saw it today, after Final Fantasy. I liked it. It was hip. It was cool. It was edgy. Didn't like the "Kiss of the Dragon" part. Thought that was actually pretty lame.

I didn't really care for it actually. I love watching his old films (Twin Warriors, The Enforcer, Once Upon a Time in China, etc) and haven't really been happy with his American productions... though this one certainly was an improvement over Romeo Must Die, LOL.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I liked Romeo Must Die, was certainly a movie that can be watched over and over without losing flavor. Well as long as you put a little break in between.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Rock God
ok, i saw it, and i think it's actually a pretty good movie. not the brainiest movie i've seen, but it is excellent at what it sets out to do. it has all the action and martial arts a person could ask for, and it has a decent plot and a lot more emotion than what we're used to in hollywood. also, it has jet li, which is it's greatest strong suit. li is not only one of the best action film stars as far as ability goes, he is one of the most likeable. i think personality of a lead player is very, very important, and li's characters always seem to be gentlemen, cool guys, and authentically concerned with the situation. i would argue that the fight scenes in this movie are incredibly good, too. i have to recommend it, ESPECIALLY if you're a fan.

Just something I picked up on that I liked. The two white french bothers used a french style of fighting which makes them use their feet a lot. That is why Li got that one guy into the hall with the desks toward the end so that he couldn't use his feet. A small unimportant detail, but still I think that it is cool.

Rock God
*SPOILER ALERT*

the death of the main bad guy, richard was pretty stupid, also. i thought an awesome fight scene would have been better, but instead he kinda went into spasms and squawked like a turkey, or something. it was a pretty weird way for an evil genius to bite the dust. good movie, though.

Whoops...

Spoiler Alert
I agree the bad guys death was kind of disapointing, but it did give us the best line in the movie... "Kiss My ***" after Jet Li explains the whole KOD thing.

I agree, the way that the main bad guy died made me drop the grade of the movie from a B to a C+. I also have to admit that it did alow for the best line of the movie. On a side note: Bridget Fonda is an amazing actress!

Which line was that? And did anyone else find her character extremely annoying?!? She actually made me mad. Not as mad as that little girl in Remember the Titans.

What are you talking about Bridget Fonda is amazing!!

Rock God
lol.. i'm cracking up thinking of the little girl in remember the titans... now that was annoying! no, bridget fonda wasn't really annoying, her character's personality was talkative, but i kind of found her endearing, mainly because i felt so bad for her. i couldn't hate anyone in that situation. yeah, shes a good actress, and she's hella hot, too. and her daughter was the cutest kid in a movie i've seen in a long time. i felt so bad when they were gonna shoot her.

Amazing? yes! Her character in that movie? No!

She got on my nerves way too much. I wanted to see Jet Li break her face. I didn't feel sorry for her character at all. Maybe I don't have any emotions or something, but I just wanted her to shut the hell up.

Rock God
lol. i want to see the what the script would have looked like if OG wrote the movie.

I have seen a buttload of martial arts movies. My room is littered with Jet Li posters. The script would of been a LOT better had I written it!

Rock God
lol.. yeah, bridget fonda would have died in the first act.