Hannibal

→ in
Tools    

"Moore is hotter than Foster. Isn't that all that matters?"

I beg to differ. What do people see in Julianne Moore? She is PLAIN looking.

[Edited by Arthur Dent on 04-25-2001]

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I don't think she is particularly attarctive, but she is hotter than Foster.

Jodie may be pretty, but she is an icicle. In another life, she would have been Joan of Arc.

Foster may be pretty in an ordinary way in most of her movies, but she's definitely sexy in most of the pictures I've seen of her on the internet:

http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsd...ess/jodie.html

http://www.tcp.com/~mary/jf_tat003.jpg

http://www.tcp.com/~mary/jfcov.jpg

Also, Pigsnie said she doesn't create any sexual sparks between her and the leading men. I thought there were sexual sparks between Jodie and Mel Gibson in Maverick. As for Richard Gere (I'll assume you're talking about Sommersby), there wasn't really supposed to be much sexual energy between them. Remember the ending? I'll give you Chow Yun-Fat though. While I haven't seen Anna and the King, I've heard several people complaining about the lack of chemistry between Jodie and him.

Jodie cant do english accents either. she was awful in Anna & the king.

Dont Critisize Me or I WILL LEAVE! Bwahahahahaa. Just kiddin, TWT. Really Jodie had a terrible english accent. She sounded like she she learned it in holywood english accent school. The movie itself was very pretty but I got mad when Jodie once more had to save the king with bugles & fireworks. Hes THE KING for GODS sake, he can save his own country!!!!! He doesnt need some schoolmarm with a fake accent, haha haaha. And I liked it best when the King shoved some brass incense thingie to the floor and yelled at anna, Because of your meddlin, I could not save tuptim or I would lose face!!!! It is your fault, Maam !!!

SPOILERS BELOW

I realize I'm way late on this but I have to rant. I saw this for the first time last night.

First of all this movie had horrible casting.

1. Jodie Foster was required... I know she turned it down, probably because of the script. Julianne Moore was horrible at this role. I've liked her before but she was really bad in this. And one of the things that made the first one so good was Jodie Foster's innocence (plus she's an awesome actress)

2. Ray Liotta.... this guy cannot act at all. Playing a person who had a lobotomy had to have been really easy for him.

Then the plot was horrible. Silence of the Lambs was an excellent psycho-thiller. This one had the plot of an action movie without any action.

"Some rich eccentric man wants to get revenge on the person that wrongs him and so he offers a reward of 3 million dollars for the guys whereabouts. Once found he has typical thugs kidnap the guy and then attempt to feed him to some crazy boars. Meanwhile a "loose cannon" FBI agent chases them all down."

It was all so forced.

My final rant is about the commercials. Alot of people ragged on Cast Away because it seemed like a big Fed Ex ad. Personally I didn't mind. In alot of ways, especially after his rescue, I think they helped the story. When Tom comes home and everything is Fed Ex this and Fed Ex that it makes it seem more foreign to him. He went from man living alone on an island to being corporately immersed. And while Wilson was another ad.... well it's the only volleyball company that has a first name as their name. It wouldn't have worked as well if it had been Spaulding or Nike or whatever.

However last night the ads had no purpose. I saw ads for Net Zero, Verizon, and Dean and Delucas. The ads weren't a part of the story, they were just there.

Uh oh, PLite's gonna get really upset with this review.

And I happened to have liked both the book and the film and although it wasn't as good a film as SOTL, Ridley Scott came very close to Thomas Harris's vision.

YES I am very upset with Aspen. In fact I just brought a rope from the drugstore & I am going to hang myself from the Tower so all the tourists can see how UPSET I am with Aspens review. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! :bawl:

But before I die, I will still say that Jodie Foster is sooooooo overrrated even though she did a great job in SOTL.

JULIANNE MOORE, THE GREATEST ACTRESS ON EARTH!!!!!
Proof: the IDEAL Husband! Rent it & see!!!

I didn't say she was bad, I said I liked her before... I just thought she was very bad in this - and she was. It probably didn't help that this was a sequel and she wasn't in the original.