Have you ever seen Wide Awake?

→ in
Tools    

Have you seen this movie? It's a movie about a 10 year-old boy, Joshua who goes on a search for God after his grandfather dies.

My friends and I are learning English using movies. This time, we watched Wide Awake and wrote some our feelings.

Neve
This movie is pretty touching. One of my favorites is the scene that Joshua gave a speech to his class at the end. From searching for God, he found not only God but also something precious for him. In his speech, his feelings or purity were expressed very well and I was moved quite.
I guess many people believe the existence of God like Joshua but I think the images or the way of thinking of God would be different from person to person. I believe God and I have my own God in my mind. Even when I got trouble I feel better by believing existence of God.
Do you believe God? If you do, what is gyour Godh like? Or what is God for you?
Noripy
I like this movie. He found the answer. He has believed God. I don't believe God. I'd like to be a person like him. I think to believe is very important for everybody. He tried to search for God, and he did it! He could learn many things by overcoming his grandfather's death. I think his grandfather taught him an important thing.
I like the last scene of his speech. I was moved. He could understand the meaning of his grandfather's words. With this experience he will get on an adult.
What is your most favorite scene? I want to talk about it!!
Fraulein Shneider
It is interesting to know how children become adults. The movie "Wide Awake" is connected with the world after death. On the whole, children's view is totally different from adults' one about it, but Joshua's case is something different. I don't know what it is actually. If you know the answer, please let me know.
Miwa
We can see the growth of hero. He could come to treasure the thing of invisible. For example, he said that he treasure his family and girl. He could know the worm of death of grandfather through he lost his grand father. So, I like the scene that he read his composition.
Why is sixth grade easier than fifth grade? Do you think it's just because he could find God?
Snowy
I think his grandpa's death was so sad for Joshua, but he overcame it and grew up. He will grow up more and more because he knew his grandpa was in good and God exist.
I believe Gods existence. I don7t think he always everyone has, but some people don't know miracles. Maybe they notice when someone who they love die, like Joshua.
Do you believe "God"?

Any comments?
[Edited by Maplet on 10-04-2001]

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Never seen this movie and it doesn't get rented much. Probably for the fact that not too many people have heard of it and Rosie O'Donnel is on the cover.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg