Having trouble watching Blu-ray movies on Desktop pc

Tools    

I thought this would be the appropriate topic to post a problem I'm having for years now. I'm not able to play Blu-ray disc's trouble free on my desktop computer. I had bought some Blu-ray boxes including some individual movies like T-34. When I first wanted to watch Blu-ray movies I purchased a Blu-ray player for desktop. Thinking that was enough. However, it turned out that VLC Media player. The media player I used happily for years to play my DVDs, wasn't able to play the discs. Because the discs were encrypted. Contacted my computer guy. And he said that I had to download some files to be able to play the discs with VLC Media Player. However, that didn't work either. So not solution again, yet. After some time I got the recommendation of my computer guy to download and purchase POWER DVD 19. And I did go for the pro version. This software would have been the best in the market to watch Blu-ray discs and other entertainment materials. However, after a short while I began getting trouble with playback and crashes. First contacted Cyberlink, but I probably just got copy paste answers from customer service. Tried to reinstall program, didn't work. Long story short, I'm still unable to watch Blu-ray discs on desktop because of the software that is the problem. Are you able to help me find a good solution to be able to watch the remaining Blu-ray discs in my collection again on my Desktop PC?

Without more info it's hard to guess what your exact problem is.

What are your computer specs? I'm wondering if you have an old or under powered computer and if you have the processing and graphics ability to successful play Blu-Ray? What operating system do you have?

I'm having a Windows 10 home PC of the brand Terra from Wortman AG. A German computer manufacturer. My computer is less then 3 years old I believe. And I'm having Intel Integrated graphics. And according to the system requirements from PowerDVD 19 Pro, I should be able to run everything without trouble on my computer.

I'm having a Windows 10 home PC of the brand Terra from Wortman AG. A German computer manufacturer. My computer is less then 3 years old I believe. And I'm having Intel Integrated graphics. And according to the system requirements from PowerDVD 19 Pro, I should be able to run everything without trouble on my computer.
Seeing how your computer is newer with W10 you should be able to play BluRays no problem. Of course Windows 10 doesn't come with a BluRay player (as I'm sure you already know) so that's why you're having to rely on third party software.

So two thoughts:
Have you tried different BluRays from different sources? Sometimes one BluRay won't play while another one will?

Have you gotten the latest updates from PowerDVD? If not see if you can check for updates to it. You need certain codecs to play media. Often just downloading the codecs will fix the problem.

No Blu-Ray at one point played without trouble anymore. And I always download updates as soon as I get notified. But with PowerDVD, it could be the case that the update broke the program. And it also noticed me of updates that I couldnt even download. Because the update was gone or something.

By the way, do you mean 'by different' sources where I bought my Blu-ray's? All my Blu-Ray discs are purchased at bol.com.

No Blu-Ray at one point played without trouble anymore. And I always download updates as soon as I get notified. But with PowerDVD, it could be the case that the update broke the program. And it also noticed me of updates that I couldnt even download. Because the update was gone or something.

By the way, do you mean 'by different' sources where I bought my Blu-ray's? All my Blu-Ray discs are purchased at bol.com.
I mean try a BluRay that was bought from a different place than bol.com. Or borrow a BluRay from someone and see it that works. If it does then it's just the BluRay...BUT you did say you can't download some updates so the problem might be on your computer (either with PowerDVD or something that Windows 10 did to PowerDVD). Here's a link for customer support from PowerDVD you might ask them for help
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

If that don't work you might ask for help at the Windows 10 forums
https://www.tenforums.com/

I have had contacted Cyberlink customer support for some time. And I wasn't sure about some things suggested by them. And my IT guy said that some things could even damage my computer if I did that. Got no real help from Cyberlink customer support, got no further with them solving the problem. There never came an end to that. So I decided to stop with that.
I could try on the Windows 10 forums. But I'm now thinking, would installing Linux Mint or Ubuntu be a posdiblesolution to my problem?
Thanks for replying and I'm going to try Windows 10 forums, thanks.

I have had contacted Cyberlink customer support for some time. And I wasn't sure about some things suggested by them. And my IT guy said that some things could even damage my computer if I did that. Got no real help from Cyberlink customer support, got no further with them solving the problem. There never came an end to that. So I decided to stop with that.
I could try on the Windows 10 forums. But I'm now thinking, would installing Linux Mint or Ubuntu be a posdiblesolution to my problem?
Thanks for replying and I'm going to try Windows 10 forums, thanks.
If you like Windows 10, you might want to find a way to fix the BluRay problem, instead of trying a different Linux operating system which will take learning, as it's different than Windows.

Did you ever ask at the VLC help boards about why VLC can't play a BluRay on your computer? I know you bought PowerDVD but maybe somebody in the VLC community can help solve the problem, they have a big community.

You can try out Linux Mint before installing it by using a 'live usb' which is just a USB stick that is formatted and has the ISO of Mint downloaded on it. That way you can see if that helps with your BluRay problem without actually changing operating systems. This is a good article on how to do that from Lifewire
https://www.lifewire.com/create-uefi...nt-usb-2202084

Linux Mint install documentation
https://linuxmint-installation-guide....io/en/latest/

Linux Mint home/download page
https://linuxmint.com/