The Scattergories Song Tournament

Tools    

I was having trouble naming my theme, even though I knew what I was going for. I PM'd mojofilter with three words to help describe the mood. He gave me a fantastic "theme title" to go with in response. Thanks dude!

Basically, this is music that is in your face and visceral. I think all music makes you have some sort of emotional response, and these songs/artists represent the "negative" extremes on the emotion/mood spectrum. It is music people often hate for being so abrasive. Words like anger, grime, depression, trashy, help give an idea of what I'm going for. The perfect music to listen to on a rainy night... while lying in the gutter next to a dark alleyway full of garbage.

My theme is...

The Grimy, the Abrasive, and the Filthy

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Me neither! I'll think of one tomorrow. Time for bed here.
Keep those lists coming in. Can't wait to see your themes, MoFo's!
Goodnight...

Goodnight. I'm sure that I'll think of a theme by tomorrow.

can I choose Die, Angry and Misery ?

I have ten freakin' songs. What a pain, trying to ditch two of them.

We need 128 songs to have a proper tournament, so if we don't get enough songs, Mojo will have to figure out how to bring the total to 128 songs. That usually means giving each person an extra song or two, so you might get a chance to use them, but there's no guarantee.

Maybe we should have done Emotions..... I can only really think of an emotion theme now.........

can I choose Die, Angry and Misery ?
I'm going to take **** the world for mine, list up soon.
I'm curious how these will differ from mine? Aren't we supposed to pick themes that are different from other peoples? I feel like you guys just took my theme and gave it a different name.

I am really pushing for variety with this tournament. I think we should be conscious of our themes and try to do stuff that is different and unique from what's been done. I don't mean to tell you guys what to do, if I have to be the one to change my theme - as much as I don't want to - I will.

Especially with the dark, angry music. If it was just me I'd be game, of course, but I know that kind of music might turn some people off of the tournament, and I don't want that to happen.

We need 128 songs to have a proper tournament, so if we don't get enough songs, Mojo will have to figure out how to bring the total to 128 songs. That usually means giving each person an extra song or two, so you might get a chance to use them, but there's no guarantee.
Yep, that's why I left them up. Just in case. I truly have no idea what to get rid of. I love my list.

I'm going to take **** the world for mine, list up soon.
I know how you feel.

Great list, Tugg.

I'm just gonna pick songs I want and make up some kind of theme out of them.

I wonder how many can be found that contain some sort of clothing.

These Boots are Made for Walking
Baby Makes her Blue Jeans Walk
Raspberry Beret
Whose Bed have Your Boots Been Under . . .

I'm curious how these will differ from mine? Aren't we supposed to pick themes that are different from other peoples? I feel like you guys just took my theme and gave it a different name.

I am really pushing for variety with this tournament. I think we should be conscious of our themes and try to do stuff that is different and unique from what's been done. I don't mean to tell you guys what to do, if I have to be the one to change my theme - as much as I don't want to - I will.

Especially with the dark, angry music. If it was just me I'd be game, of course, but I know that kind of music might turn some people off of the tournament, and I don't want that to happen.
I'm a angry guy that like die angry music not my fault

I'm a angry guy that like die angry music not my fault

That doesn't make it a different theme. If somebody else picked your theme first, you should pick a different theme, not just rename it and duplicate his theme.

I wonder how many can be found that contain some sort of clothing.

These Boots are Made for Walking
Baby Makes her Blue Jeans Walk
Raspberry Beret
Whose Bed have Your Boots Been Under . . .
You missed the last one I added.