The MoFo Animated Musicals Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Looks horrendous. Judge Judy is just as bad but its at least somewhat fun in its absurdity.

I watch both "The People's Court" and "Judge Judy" every day, and she's a much better judge than Judge Judy. There are a bunch of her cases on YouTube you can watch.

I watch both "The People's Court" and "Judge Judy" every day, and she's a much better judge than Judge Judy. There are a bunch of her cases on YouTube you can watch.
I couldn't care less about any of the people that go on Judge Judy, or The Peoples Court, whatever the fudge that is .

Alice in Wonderland

A fun little acid trip of a movie. I'm not overly fond of Alice herself, but the movie is full of silliness and imagination (albeit taken from the mind of Lewis Carroll more so than the animators), drawn in brilliant, eye catching colors. I particularly enjoyed the Mad Hatter's Tea Party segment (with the Un-Birthday Song) and the game of croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Not my favorite Disney classic, but it's up there.

+

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
A fun little acid trip of a movie
That is basically how I described it when I had to "promote" it the other day on here.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Alice in Wonderland

A fun little acid trip of a movie. I'm not overly fond of Alice herself, but the movie is full of silliness and imagination (albeit taken from the mind of Lewis Carroll more so than the animators), drawn in brilliant, eye catching colors. I particularly enjoyed the Mad Hatter's Tea Party segment (with the Un-Birthday Song) and the game of croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Not my favorite Disney classic, but it's up there.

+

I loved everything about the Cheshire Cat, and of course the Tea Party, and everything else you mentioned, but I also loved this part too:

Alice in Wonderland

+
I actually forgot that it was your un-birthday, its mine too

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Fantasia

My history with this film as a child was paying absolutely no attention to any part except for the sorcerers apprentice segment. In fact, rewatching this I could barely ever remember the other segments (though I know that I have seen them before). I will say that the music for the most part is legendary and that the animation for the most part is fairly groundbreaking, so I do certainly see the importance of the film. With that being said, it plays out like a rather dry concert to me. When intermission hits, it certainly all goes downhill. It almost makes me wonder if all the pre-intermission stuff should have been for the post intermission, as that was the best stuff for me. Obviously as stated I thought the Sorcerers Apprentice segment was the best. I also enjoyed the Nutcracker ballad section too. But the rest I really couldn't get into. I can't deny its cultural importance, but it's rating to me is more along the lines of how much I enjoyed it, which as a whole really wasn't a whole lot. My thoughts as a child haven't changed, I owned basically anything Disney, whether it be the classic animated, the Renaissance stuff, or even some live action stuff. This is a film that usually collected dust in the back of the cabinet.

Not really trying to create controversy but I don't see it as much of a musical either, not that it matters because I'm not actually in this. Just following along like the Mofo Guru I am, so no need to worry about my low rating ruining its chances. I will say the Sorcerers Apprentice section would however get a near perfect Mark from me.

Basically an Italian parody of Fantasia. Animated shorts set to classical music. But while Fantasia was a celebration of music and art with occasional cases of humor, this had more emphasis on humor. Particularly in the live action pieces which had slapstick, an orchestra of little old ladies, an animator chained up in the basement like a prisoner until he was needed to draw, a jazz dance number with a guy in a monkey suit, and a Merry Melodies style fall through the floor gag. Also I think the maestro and host tried to get the animator a hooker. It is hard for me to tell since I could not get a Region 1 or No Region DVD for this movie. So the only format I could find was on YouTube, and I am pretty sure they pulled it of Italian TV, since their were no subtitles.

But I was not there for the live action bits, I was after the animated musical shorts. And the shorts were very good. Not Fantasia good mind you, but still unique. There are a lot more surreal imagery in this movie, as well as a lot more animated boobs. Because Italy I guess. Either way certain bits seemed to parodies of certain Fantasia bits like "The Rite of Spring" while others were their own unique vision. And despite the language barrier, it was an enjoyable watch. But I do still prefer Fantasia.

I am going to start watching these tonight. Yep, running behind the most of you.

Pinocchio (1940) ~ Own
Fantasia (1940) ~ Own
Alice in Wonderland (1951) ~ Own
Sleeping Beauty (1959) ~ Own
The Jungle Book (1967) ~ Own
Charlotte's Web (1973) ~ Own
Allegro Non Troppo (1976) ~ I've never heard of this. It's not so bad, though, at $12.99 & FREE Shipping Prime.
Beauty and the Beast (1991) ~ Own
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) ~ Own
The Lion King (1994) ~ Own
Anastasia (1997) ~ Own
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut (1999) ~ Hoping I can watch this somewhere for free.
Sita Sings the Blues (2008) ~ I've never heard of this. I sure can't buy the thing. It's $47.85 + $3.99 shipping. How did you guys get a copy?

Sita Sings the Blues (2008) ~ I've never heard of this. I sure can't buy the thing. It's $47.85 + $3.99 shipping. How did you guys get a copy?
I saw it on Hulu Plus for free. But it is only on there for like a few more days.

Also double check the $12.99 DVD for Allegro Non Troppo to double check to make sure it is not region 2. I could not find a Region 1 or no region DVD on Amazon.

Sita Sings the Blues is on YouTube.

Also beware with that copy of Allegro Non Troppo on Amazon. It's not a region 1 DVD, so you'll need a region free DVD player to view it. It's available on YouTube was well, but without subtitles. The animated portions are silent shorts set to classical music, so the lack of subtitles doesn't matter there. It's just the live action segments that you won't be able to fully understand.

Thank you very much, guys! I do intend on buying a region free player one day, but not in time for this. I can't believe I did not notice that. YouTube will be just fine.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I am going to start watching these tonight. Yep, running behind the most of you.
I don't think anyone is further behind than I am! They are just sitting there waiting to be watched and I always end up doing something else (like coming onto this site ).

I got mine from the library. For the few that I don't own, I just went to the library. And why not? It's free.