The MoFo Animated Musicals Hall of Fame

Tools    

Master of My Domain
It was actually pretty crappy Gatsby, I need to edit and structure the hell out of it when I can be bothered. Thanks though .

Also with me, you, JJ, Swan and Gunslinger I have hope that it won't finish last.
Crappy in a fun way.

One of my favorites types of write-ups.

I know they are very different movies, but isn't that what a Hof is about? Comparing movies to see which one is the best?
It's certainly about determining which ones the participants like best, but even with it being a themed HOF, the nominees aren't all similar.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Alright, I'll be in a bit of a time crunch for the next couple weeks, so I will be starting watching these now.

First up for me will be Fantasia tomorrow.

Master of My Domain
I know they are very different movies, but isn't that what a Hof is about? Comparing movies to see which one is the best?
I don't consider Hall of Fames as a tournament where you compare all the bits and pieces of the nominations, that's more like a bracket tournament. It's more like individually reviewing each film, criticizing the cons and complimenting the pros, and according to that find out which one you like best, worst, or think deserves to be just in the middle.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I was considering rewatching South Park tonight, but after viewing a couple of those clips, I think I'm going to go with something that won't annoy me instead.

I was considering rewatching South Park tonight, but after viewing a couple of those clips, I think I'm going to go with something that won't annoy me instead.
I had to give you rep for this mostly because Its exactly what I expected

What is it that annoys you about South Park so much?

What is it that annoys you about South Park so much?
I don't know. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the fact that the humor is so juvenile? But then, I liked other juvenile shows like Beavis and Butthead and Ren & Stimpy, but I was pretty much a kid when those were popular so they have some nostalgic value. I was already well into my teens when South Park premiered.

The characters' voices do annoy the crap out of me though. I know that much.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It was actually pretty crappy Gatsby, I need to edit and structure the hell out of it when I can be bothered. Thanks though .

Also with me, you, JJ, Swan and Gunslinger I have hope that it won't finish last.

I watched the South Park movie already, and I'm sure that I won't be any help keeping it out of last place. The songs were kind of catchy, and they might have been okay if they had better words, but the movie just wasn't my kind of humor at all.

I watched the South Park movie already, and I'm sure that I won't be any help keeping it out of last place. The songs were kind of catchy, and they might have been okay if they had better words, but the movie just wasn't my kind of humor at all.
I can understand that. Honestly i would claim someone had hacked your account if you came out with a positive view of it .

Well I had a pseudo Disney movie tonight, so I ended it with Disney proper. A childhood classic. The very first movie I ever saw in a movie theater. And one of the best, if not the best of Disney's Renaissance. And unlike the Don Bluth movies I grew up on as a child, Disney has held up very well for me over the years. The songs, the animation, and the story are simply charming. Good to revisit an old favorite from my childhood.

I can understand that. Honestly i would claim someone had hacked your account if you came out with a positive view of it .

I've never seen an episode of "South Park", so I was hoping that I was wrong about it. I watch "The People's Court" every day, and Judge Milian talks about the show a lot, so I figured that it can't be all bad, and I tried to go in with an open mind, but I just don't see what people find funny about that kind of humor.

I don't know. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the fact that the humor is so juvenile? But then, I liked other juvenile shows like Beavis and Butthead and Ren & Stimpy, but I was pretty much a kid when those were popular so they have some nostalgic value. I was already well into my teens when South Park premiered.

The characters' voices do annoy the crap out of me though. I know that much.
Thanks for that MV. I know I won't really know your problems with it until you rewatch it.

The only thing I can really comment on there is the voice acting. Trey Parker is probably
my favourite voice actor ever. In terms of range? He is at the bottom of the pile easily, but his few probably six or seven voices work for me completely. The part I mentioned in my write up "I don't believe I should be in here with these rogues. I mean I went to Yarsdale", may be my favourite delivered line in animation.

Short Version: It was okay.

Long Version: Okay this was when Don Bluth threw in the towel and said "You win" to Disney. The man was at one time a chief animator at Disney and then became a main competitor and major box office rival with the likes of All Dogs Go to Heaven, The Secret of NIMH, The Land Before Time, and An American Tale. Then the Disney Renaissance happened and he hit skid row with Rock-A-Doodle, The Penguin and the Pebble, A Troll in Central Park, and finally Titan AE. This was Don trying to make Disney money by doing his spin on a Disney style princess movie. This even had scenes that looked like they were pulled from Sleeping Beauty. A film he worked on as an uncredited assistant animator. So the story is very much a Disney rip off and I found the voices of John Cusack and Meg Ryan to be pretty damn distracting. So I had seen this all before and done far better by Disney.

But there are positives. Christopher Lloyd is over the top in his character and the film is better for it. Not to mention the actual musical parts are on the whole very good. Luckily Meg Ryan and Cusack were not asked to sing and the actors who do their characters singing voices were quite good. But there is one song that is heads and shoulders above it the quality department. And that was Rasputin's villain song In the Dark of the Night. Easily the best part of the movie.

Piece of trivia though. The song was NOT sung by Christopher Lloyd, but by voice acting titan Jim Cummings. But he sounds so much like Lloyd that you would think he was the man singing. But that is to be expected from a legendary talent like Jim Cummings.. After all he did another voice over cover for another animated villain. One that is actually nominated in this Hall of Fame. Jim Cummings sang the song "Be Prepared" in The Lion King, not Jeremy Irons.

So Cummings vocal pipes and the music makes this film very worth while.

I never expect anyone to love the movies that I love, but I'm glad that you at least enjoyed it and got something good out of it.

Rasputin is a great villain, and Bartok is adorable. "In the Dark of the Night" is one of my favorite songs from the movie, and I even nominated it in one of the song tournaments here a while back, (but it didn't do too well).

I've never seen an episode of "South Park", so I was hoping that I was wrong about it. I watch "The People's Court" every day, and Judge Milian talks about the show a lot, so I figured that it can't be all bad, and I tried to go in with an open mind, but I just don't see what people find funny about that kind of humor.
You were wrong! Also you are a Bunshole.