The Return of Godoggo's Creature Feature Tournament

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well give us a f*cking chance!!!

Sorry about that, been feeling very crappy the last few days so hadn't been on the web all day.

My other three:

Gal Force: Eternal Story - Katsuhito Akiyama
Enemy Mine - Wolfgang Petersen
Watership Down - Martin Rosen

Edit: I swapped Blood Reign - Curse of the Yoma for Watership Down. While I do love Blood Reign, the animation quality is a bit lacking, and Watership Down is just a masterpiece of a movie that I just remembered and had to add.
House - Nobuhiko Obayashi
Akira - Katsuhiro Otomo

(I don't know is these qualify, but according to the rules I think so)
The Lion King Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff
Bambi there's like 6 directors haha
Really? More bloody cartoons?

Yeah. I wasn't sure if I should vote for movies like Fantastic Planet or Pan's Labyrinth because they're not really creature features.
Well, Fantastic Planet isn't. I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth, but from what I know I wouldn't have that, either. BTW, another cartoon? What is it with you people?

6. Night of the Demon - Jacques Tourneu vs Jaws - Steven Spielberg

7. House - Nobuhiko Obayashi vs Piranha (1978) - Joe Dante

8. Hellraiser - Clive Barker vs Them! - Gordon Douglas

The rest I've either not seen one of them or need to have a think about which to vote for. Oh, and House? Yeah, not a creature feature either. You people make me sad.

2. Frankenstein - James Whale vs Bad Taste - Peter Jackson (WOW what a hard one)

3. Insidious - James Wan vs Ginger Snaps - John Fawcett (so easy)

4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel vs An American Werewolf in London – John Landis (love both, but love American Werewolf in London a lot more)

7. House - Nobuhiko Obayashi vs Piranha (1978) - Joe Dante (don't care for either)

Hmm... I don't want to watch Sharktopus. I probably won't watch Frankenstein, Bad Taste, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, An American Werewolf in London, Hellraiser, or Them!

I'll try to watch Night of the Demon and Piranha at some point this week, and I'll definitely watch Insidious because I love Ginger Snaps and want to vote it up.

I would watch An American Werewolf in London, but I'll probably watch that at another point because I don't really want to watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

So the only vote I can give at the moment is Akira - Katsuhiro Otomo vs Predator - John McTiernan. Voting against myself because I like Akira more.

Really? More bloody cartoons?

Well, Fantastic Planet isn't. I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth, but from what I know I wouldn't have that, either. BTW, another cartoon? What is it with you people?

The rest I've either not seen one of them or need to have a think about which to vote for. Oh, and House? Yeah, not a creature feature either. You people make me sad.
I think you're confusing cartoons with animation.

Cartoon "a sketch or drawing, usually humorous, as in a newspaper or periodical, symbolizing, satirizing, or caricaturing some action, subject, or person of popular interest." "Animated cartoon." -dictionary.com

Cartoon when referring to an animated film is only plausible if it's an animated cartoon film. Cartoon does not mean an animated film. Akira is in no way shape or form a cartoon, and neither is Watership Down or Gal Force: Eternal Story. Movies like Bambi and The Lion King may be a lighter tone that could be borderline cartoon, but even then I'm not sure if they technically are.

Anyway, what do you have against animation? Can't you appreciate people's drawing skills?

How is House a creature feature? Love the film, but confused
Because the main antagonist is a ghost/spirit.

Let the night air cool you off
1. Pan's Labyrinth - Guillermo del Toro vs Sharktopus - Declan O'Brian - I think I've seen Shaktopus

2. Frankenstein - James Whale vs Bad Taste - Peter Jackson - haven't seen Bad Taste

3. Insidious - James Wan vs Ginger Snaps - John Fawcett - Haven't seen Ginger Snaps

4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel vs An American Werewolf in London – John Landis - haven't seen Body Snatchers

5. Akira - Katsuhiro Otomo vs Predator - John McTiernan - Akira is a better movie, but Predator is more "creature featurey"

6. Night of the Demon - Jacques Tourneu vs Jaws - Steven Spielberg - haven't seen Night of the Demon

7. House - Nobuhiko Obayashi vs Piranha (1978) - Joe Dante - Haven't seen Piranha

8. Hellraiser - Clive Barker vs Them! - Gordon Douglas - Haven't seen Them!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Round 1 / Week one

1. Pan's Labyrinth - Guillermo del Toro vs Sharktopus - Declan O'Brian if this weren't a specific tournament, I'd vote for Pan's a million times over Sharktopus, but when I am I the mood for a creature feature Pan's doesn't give me what I want which is mindless fun entertainment

2. Frankenstein - James Whale vs Bad Taste - Peter Jackson

3. Insidious - James Wan vs Ginger Snaps - John Fawcett

4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel vs An American Werewolf in London – John Landis
Too hard. I'd probably vote differently on a different day.
5. Akira - Katsuhiro Otomo vs Predator - John McTiernan

In a few matches I voted for a movie that I like less in general than the other movie. When it comes to creature features, I have a very specific idea in my head of what that is and what I want to watch when I am in the mood for one. To me creature features are monsters or animals vs man and have a more science fiction quality to them than horror.

It appears a lot of people have a much broader definition than I do.

1. Pan's Labyrinth - Guillermo del Toro vs Sharktopus - Declan O'Brian (no doubt)

4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel vs An American Werewolf in London – John Landis (tough one)

8. Hellraiser - Clive Barker vs Them! - Gordon Douglas (I like more Pinhead)

In a few matches I voted for a movie that I like less in general than the other movie. When it comes to creature features, I have a very specific idea in my head of what that is and what I want to watch when I am in the mood for one. To me creature features are monsters or animals vs man and have a more science fiction quality to them than horror.

It appears a lot of people have a much broader definition than I do.
When I think of creature features, I think of the b-movies of the 50's.

I pulled from my top 100 anything that had creatures in it, but I kind of regret not sticking to things that were really "creature featurey".

Chappie doesn't like the real world
When I think of creature features, I think of the b-movies of the 50's.

I pulled from my top 100 anything that had creatures in it, but I kind of regret not sticking to things that were really "creature featurey".
Yeah, I nominated a couple that are think are stretching it a bit like "Open Water" but it still gives me that man vs nature (or mutated nature) type thing I like about creature features.

1. Pan's Labyrinth - Guillermo del Toro vs Sharktopus - Declan O'Brian

4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel vs An American Werewolf in London – John Landis

Maybe I won't watch Insidious then. Ginger Snaps will win without my vote, I can watch some of the better ones like American Werewolf in London.