Who's ready for another song tournament?

Tools    

Which song tournament do you want?
63.64%
7 votes
Song Tournament 9 (No theme)
0%
0 votes
50s Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
European Song Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Music Video Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
Random Youtube Video Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Cover Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
Black Artists Tournament
0%
0 votes
B-Sides Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Banned Artist Tournament - Part 2
9.09%
1 votes
Other (Please specify)
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My time has been limited recently, so this may be run a bit slower than normal, but if you guys are willing to put up with my delays, I'll try to run another song tournament. I may have to update the rounds in the middle of the night (Eastern Time), but I'll do my best to keep up the pace.

If you're interested in another song tournament, use this thread to suggest a theme, and we'll try to agree on a theme within the next 24 hours, and then we can start the nominations on Monday.

I've missed being able to participate in song tournaments over these last few months. Now that I finally have fast internet, I can join the fun again.

Count me in . . . unless the theme is something really lame like show tunes or something.

I've missed being able to participate in song tournaments over these last few months. Now that I finally have fast internet, I can join the fun again.

Count me in . . . unless the theme is something really lame like show tunes or something.

I'm open to suggestions on the theme. I've been in the mood for a song tournament for a while, but I haven't really had the time to run one recently. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone else is planning to run one any time soon, so I decided to see how many other people are ready for one, and do my best to run it.

Make some theme suggestions, and we'll see what everyone thinks of them.

I don't know how interesting this would be, but I have been thinking about a possible European Song Tournament.

Where the music is anything that comes from... Europe! The UK and all those other countries.

Other than that, I'd like to see Song Tournament 9.

Where you can nominate anything you want.

I also wouldn't mind The '80s: Part II.

Since nobody really liked my '80s Song Tournament.

I also wouldn't mind a '50s Song Tournament.

Not '60s because I've heard enough '60s songs in these tournaments -- and I don't want to see The Doors win yet again.

Other than that, I'd like to see Song Tournament 9.

Where you can nominate anything you want.
I have no suggestions for themes, but this would be my choice. Looking over the last several song tournaments, all of them have been themed, so just a general song tournament, where anything is eligible, is long overdue.

Music Video Song Tournament is another one I might enjoy. Where we judge the video more than the song.

Of course, you could also redo the Random Youtube Video Tournament but make it into something better.

Well, don't start accepting nominations until Monday. Tomorrow is Easter.

No theme is okay, as long as any songs that have already won tournaments are excluded.

Also, I can wait until Monday for participants and nominations. That will give everyone at least a full 24 hours for suggestions and discussion. Whatever the majority agrees upon is okay with me as long as it's not a genre that I hate, like rap or heavy metal.

I'm probably in.

EDIT- You don't like rap? Why?
Jay-Z once put onions on her burger.

I'm up participating. A 50s one would be interesting as we'd be forced to go out and look for nominations, and I like the exploring bit finding my noms.

Count me in gbg - and I'd run one sometime if it helps give you a break (don't want to tread on your toes though). As for any theme or not I'm not fussed either way as I can always find tunes to fit any occasion as it were.

I don't think there's any schedule to the song tournaments, as long as they don't overlap, so you're welcome to run one when you're ready. If you're ready now, you're welcome to run this one. If not, I'll run this one, and you can run one when you're ready. Just let me know what you want to do.