Logan

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
For those who watched 'Logan', what do you guys think of the movie?
For me it's a "see once" thing.

As I said somewhere else, I wasn't expecting much and wasn't getting in the hype. It sure is different from all the other Wolverine movies [and the one's he has been in]; has a different tone to it, but at the same time it reminded me of the first X-men movie [his rlationship with Rogue]

Highlights of the movie [for me] - Xavier as a grumpy old man, Logn taking care of him with a sort of aggressive patience. Has an interesting plot point towards the end.

Sort of meh: the kid didn't blow me away; the Reavers were downplayed, no connection to Essex [Mister Sinister].

Must be doin sumthin right
Superhero movies made for kids > superhero movies made for teenagers is my opinion after seeing this movie. Hope to go the rest of my life without seeing another set of adamantium claws shoved into a skull with CG blood spraying out

Not a purist, it’s ok to modernize and improve from source material. The watchmen movie change from alien > blue penis power was a great change that kept the story tighter and more believable.

Agreed very strongly with this guy’s review on logan
http://www.metacritic.com/user/DefinitelyMayb

i loved the direction they took with the movie, but it was a bit of a disappointing misfire. It was a great and different take on grounding wolverine. The trailer was much better than the movie. There was some amazing creative decisions, eg the beginning, and some crap ones. Script felt a bit lazy. Loved the down on his luck last mutants struggling driving uber etc. Caliban was a great character. Xavier’s failing mind being a liability. One of hte most impactful scenes with him stairing in the mirror bloodied and scarred should have been used better (think die hard feet on glass), and not given away in the trailers.

Logan shows up and the caretaker is randomly dead? But it’s not crawling with security staff? The random stop at the farm? They should have had logan kill caliban (but caliban asking for it) as a moral choice between killing one and saving the others. Also the girls is overly skilled in combat, hurts the suspension of disbelief. Super green serum, etc.

In terms of comparison. Days of future > xmen first class > xmen = x2 (tossup) > logan

This movie was cheese. I liked The Mummy better.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This is old news, but still good. I heard about from the TESD pod.

Watched Logan again and changed my mind it was pretty good. For some reason these movies seem to be better when I watch them on a smaller tv. This happened when I watched interstellar, I walked out and said well that movie sucked, now it's my favorite movie after watching at home. Maybe to much going on when seeing on the big screen, anybody else feel like this?

This might just do nobody any good.
Could be overexposure to theatre cacophony but I thought it was overexposure to tablets or other personal viewing platforms.

I tend to favor "big" movies at home maybe for the fact that they dominate online discussion, thusly I want to experience them in the most uninterrupted way to take in as much as possible.

Movies like, say, Silence, id rather watch in a theatre knowing that the filmmakers have put more effort into this presentation than a smaller scale one.

New big movies are made with the knowledge that they will consumed (mostly) in small quarters.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Went on for to long. Didnt quite understand the world they lived in or care. Melancholy. Not rewatchable. Violent action but not exciting action. If you hadn't already cottoned on I'm not a fan of superheroes movies these days and this "adult" version didn't sway me.

Absolutely loved it. Possibly the best superhero movie to date; at least top five.

I liked the dark feel it had, as well as the girl who was wicked cool.

~Groundhog Day~

We've gone on holiday by mistake
c'mon now....

92% Logan
91% Days of Future Past
86% X-men First Class
86% X-2
84% Deadpool
81% X-men
69% The Wolverine
58% X-men Last Stand
48% X-men Apocalypse
38% Wolverine:Origins

compared to what we got last year
27% Batman V Superman

Just to keep things in perspective. There were things in Logan that I really liked and other quibbles I didn't care for.
Thought Logan was very good, first impressions 8/10. Fitting send off to probably the longest serving Superhero with the same actor, is it 17 years from X-Men to now? Credit to Hugh Jackman for keeping himself in shape (perhaps with the help of a roid or 2), and being good humoured enough with a couple of cameos.

X-Men has been the most consistent of comic book series since the turn of the millennium, producing several great films and even the bad ones are far superior to the bad films in other franchises, Man of Steel anyone?? The series has shown how to properly say goodbye to beloved characters with Logan and Days of Future Past, whereas other franchises have handled this terribly, how many Spiderman's is that now? Also how to respectfully pull off a reboot in First Class and Days of Future Past aswell with an ingenious movie featuring the old and new cast together, even a brilliant scene where the old and new Charles pass the baton as it were.

The future of the franchise is bright too, when X-Men began in 2000, the main cast were all in their mid thirties with the exception of the elder statesmen in Magneto and Xavier, the reboot has the main cast reaching early adulthood so their coming of age can still be told without really covering past material, although we are about to get another Dark Phoenix movie I believe.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd take Man of Steel over at least half the X-Men movies (and especially over the likes of, say, the third and fourth Christopher Reeve movies), but that's just me.

I would rather eat a **** sandwich than watch Man of Steel again.

I'd take Man of Steel over at least half the X-Men movies (and especially over the likes of, say, the third and fourth Christopher Reeve movies), but that's just me.
Seconded

Superman 3,4 and Man of Steel are all just different flavours of turd. Superman 1,2 and Returns are all very good.

I watched Logan again, this time the Noir version...

I actually prefer that version, because I thought Logan overdid the R-rating "just because" and the violence was way too much and got really tiring after the fifth head fell off and the tenth head got impaled. Had I been 10 years old, maybe this would have been extremely cool... like Transformers. I wish they had build the violence up more gradually, so when Wolverine went berserk in the end, the violence would too, and it would have a greater impact. I also wish he hadn't already been fighting with Weapon X before the finale, because that kind of lowered it all for me. I understand it's supposed to have some emotional value because of what Weapon X did, but it didn't work for me.

Anyways, I like the downplayed story and the black and white fits the bleak and emotional atmosphere. I like Jackman and Stewart and their relationship and while the girl can be annoying she is a really good actress and has some great scenes.

The ending, the very last thing on screen, is the best thing about the entire movie. Perfect end to the character and the only thing that really got to me - not really in a really emotional way, but kinda like "okay, okay, that was clever. that was great"

I gave it a 2/5 on first watch and a 3/5 on a second. I doubt it'll ever get much higher than that, but it's watchable although I'm extremely split about the whole movie. It's not the movie I hoped it would be after that masterclass trailer, but it's better than another mainstream mess. I liked that they at least tried something different and dared to be dramatic and downplayed. Logan is an important film too for future R-rated films and superhero films and blockbusters in general. People also wanna see this type of film. We are not just sheep who love CGI. Even the mass audience hunger for more like this...

Wedding Photo Editing Services
‘Logan’s’ James Mangold to Direct ‘Disorder’ Remake for Sony

Seconded
Thirded.

“I was cured, all right!”
Ethan Hawke about LOGAN: "Now we have the problem that they tell us Logan is a great movie. Well, it's a great superhero movie. It still involves people in tights with metal coming out of their hands. It's not Bresson. It's not Bergman. But they talk about it like it is. I went to see Logan cause' everyone was like, This is a great movie and I was like, Really? No, this is a fine superhero movie. There's a difference but big business doesn't think there's a difference. Big business wants you to think that this is a great film because they wanna make money off of it."

I agree with every word.

https://movieweb.com/logan-movie-eth...erhero-movies/