Keanu Reeves

Tools    

Do you like Keanu?!
12.77%
6 votes
He needs to be fired and never heard from again. In the name of all that does not suck please stop!
78.72%
37 votes
He gets a bad rap. He isnt as bad as they say. Why does everyone hate him?
8.51%
4 votes
Meh. Well at least Ashton Kutcher will get his turned down roles. Punk'd rocks man!
47 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Legend in my own mind
Yeah, if people want to hate someone, choose Jennifer Lawrence or that friend of hers (Whatsherface--that chubby one from "Trainwreck" or whatever it was called--she's too dull to even remember). Those are two self-entitled celebrities whom I hate. Overrated and awful. Keanu is leagues ahead of both of them.

I hate Lawrence so much that I actually stopped watching the X-Men movies because of her. I really hate her.
There are no actors that I could say that I 'hate'. There are actors that I don't rate and others that don't seem like nice people or make bad life choices but I don't know enough about them to 'hate' them. I have stronger feelings about reality TV stars.

What is wrong with Jennifer Lawrence? How is she self-entitled and awful? She just seems like an alright actress to me and she has been perfectly fine even pretty charming and funny in every interview i've seen with her.

I don't kow much about Jennifer Lawrence other than her movies. Is she horrible?
Someone filled me in on her one day and she has a horrible dossier of s%*%. She's been known to do the following:

-Racial slurs

-Cussing people out on set

-Unceremoniously dancing front of Harrison Ford at some event when he's never met her before and just expecting him to recognize her/know who she is. Yeah, she really did that. A veteran actor like Ford and she shows no respect to him.

-Acts entitled and spoiled

-Stated she "saved" the X-Men franchise

Many more. Just an awful person. So is that friend of hers (I just can't remember her name) who's even less talented and is one of those "Love your body" loons.

What is wrong with Jennifer Lawrence? How is she self-entitled and awful? She just seems like an alright actress to me and she has been perfectly fine even pretty charming and funny in every interview i've seen with her.
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion of her but mine is that she's awful. See my post below yours because I outlined some of the reasons why I don't like her in it.

I also simply don't like her acting. People claim she has range and I don't see it.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion of her but mine is that she's awful. See my post below yours because I outlined some of the reasons why I don't like her in it.

I also simply don't like her acting. People claim she has range and I don't see it.
I don't know anything about any of those. If she is being racist i'd agree she is awful but you'd have to be specific, cussing people out on set - so many actors do that it's difficult to really care, the Harrison Ford thing is really dumb i couldn't care less, how does she act self-entitled and spoiled?, who cares if she said she saved X-Men again that's really dumb and something i couldn't care less about.

I don't even care about her but the only one there i'd care about is the racist one and i'm not sure what she was supposed to have done.

This might just do nobody any good.
Was it the Hawaiian rock thing?

She supposedly "scratched her backside" on some sacred stones in Hawaii and made light of the whole thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...?client=safari

I agree. That was pretty insensitive, to say the least.

She supposedly "scratched her backside" on some sacred stones in Hawaii and made light of the whole thing.

Thanks. Yeah, she is a moron. 'I really thought that I was being self-deprecating!'

I have never understood all the hate for the guy, yeah he made some crap during the beginning of his career and he's no Olivier, but he proved with Speed that in the right role and with the right director, he can command a movie screen. Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of his more recent work...there seems to be a lot of love on this site for John Wick and I have added it to my watchlist. But yeah, I think he does get a bad rep and there are dozens of actors out there who are a LOT worse.

I don't know anything about any of those. If she is being racist i'd agree she is awful but you'd have to be specific, cussing people out on set - so many actors do that it's difficult to really care, the Harrison Ford thing is really dumb i couldn't care less, how does she act self-entitled and spoiled?, who cares if she said she saved X-Men again that's really dumb and something i couldn't care less about.

I don't even care about her but the only one there i'd care about is the racist one and i'm not sure what she was supposed to have done.

This is one link I've found: newscult.com/heres-people-calling-jennifer-lawrence-racist/ Granted, I'm not basing all of this opinion on that one incident--I'm basing it on accounts of people on set mentioning how she's used racial slurs on many sets. She's also made rape jokes.

Regardless of how many of these stories are true or not, she simply rubs me the wrong way. Her facial expressions in movies put me off and I find her bland. All of these stories about her could be proven false and I'd still not like her because of her acting alone. I just don't like her.

Not just that, but that's one incident, yes. The rest are mainly just hearsay reports that I full acknowledge COULD be wrong: people have claimed that she uses racial slurs on/off the set but didn't provide examples. Could be false, but the Hawaii thing makes me at least entertain the possibility.

My view of her has always been this: she was a little nobody on X-Men First Class who didn't leave an impression on me and then received seemingly overnight fame for being involved in the terrible (but bafflingly popular) Hunger Games series. I feel the her fame is undeserved and find her overrated. People praise her performances but all I can think of when watching her is: "This woman can't emote". But that's how *I* perceive her. Others may feel differently.

Yeah, if people want to hate someone, choose Jennifer Lawrence or that friend of hers (Whatsherface--that chubby one from "Trainwreck" or whatever it was called--she's too dull to even remember). Those are two self-entitled celebrities whom I hate. Overrated and awful. Keanu is leagues ahead of both of them.

I hate Lawrence so much that I actually stopped watching the X-Men movies because of her. I really hate her.
How can you hate J-Law after this?

I have never understood all the hate for the guy, yeah he made some crap during the beginning of his career and he's no Olivier, but he proved with Speed that in the right role and with the right director, he can command a movie screen. Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of his more recent work...there seems to be a lot of love on this site for John Wick and I have added it to my watchlist. But yeah, I think he does get a bad rep and there are dozens of actors out there who are a LOT worse.
You should definitely watch the John Wick movies. If you feel the way you do about Speed then you'll feel that just as much, if not moreso, with the Wick movies. He's truly iconic in them.

Aww come on, who hasn't scratched their backside on some sacred stones? I've already done it twice this morning...

You should definitely watch the John Wick movies. If you feel the way you do about Speed then you'll feel that just as much, if not moreso, with the Wick movies. He's truly iconic in them.
Oh yeah John Wick makes Speed look like a lego movie.

I remember someone saying something like "Keanu is the uncompromised Nic Cage" and I kind of agree.

He made it out of the 90s action world without falling into the DtV slum his past contemporaries did. He had a cold decade in the 2000s, after The Matrix sequels, but he's really found a way to harness that unlikely action star image well this decade.

Plus, Keanu's always found ways to detour to more interesting films like My Own Private Idaho, Scanner Darkly, Neon Demon. He's cool.

So, awesome??

Exactly. Wick also puts Jason Bourne to shame with his martial arts skills. Seriously, watch the sequel when you can--there are many more martial arts scenes in that and a creative scene with a pencil that I won't spoil. Bourne is NOTHING compared to Wick.

Definitely. Sleek, gritty, noir action that also manages to be quite humorous.

Wick is much more than gun-toting action--they build this entire WORLD in the films. Seriously, I can't spoil it for you--you'll be surprised at the world-building in the Wick films. It's like something from a dark, gritty comic book. This is why people love the Wick films--there's an actual story and creative world there to go alone with all that bloody action. It's creative.

Exactly. Wick also puts Jason Bourne to shame with his martial arts skills. Seriously, watch the sequel when you can--there are many more martial arts scenes in that and a creative scene with a pencil that I won't spoil. Bourne is NOTHING compared to Wick.
To be fair I've never been a huge fan of the Bourne movies, watched the first couple, wasn't blown away and lost interest... not even sure what they're up to now in that franchise.