Your top 3 Video Games Of All Time

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
MGS2 is the one I have the most nostalgia for from that period. I get why you'd prefer 3 since it's definitely more polished but 2 was just a mind-blowing upgrade to every game I had played previously as a kid. I would always watch the title menu over and over before starting the game. That music!

This music rocks!!
"I would always watch the title menu over and over before starting the game."² I always do the same!

I hated Metal Gear Solid 2.

Not the gameplay... the gameplay was great... but, there wasn't much of it.
You'd play for 40 seconds, then there'd be a cut scene that'd last 5 minutes, and no way of skipping it.

My top 3 games of all time... well, technically more than 3 as I'm including a series here as well...

3. Black (PlayStation 2)
Wipeout for PS1, and Area 51 and Killzone for PS2 are close though.
I mastered Wipeout. I had every lap time on every track down to about 50 seconds
Black was probably the most complex PS2 shooter going before everything went online and went crap. The last great shooter.

2. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Compared to modern games, Halo 1, 2 and 3 for instance took me a couple hours to complete all 3... Zelda took me over a year when I was a kid.

1. Strike Series (Amiga, SNES, PlayStation)
Helicopters? Shooting? Missions?
Yeah.
Started with a pirated copy of Desert Strike on the Amiga 1200 when I was about 10 years old... then got a proper copy of Jungle Strike... played it for months.
Urban Strike on SNES was weaker, but with more polished graphics. Still fun though.
Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike I got at the same time for PS1...
I did enjoy Future Cop LAPD as well, it was originally going to be called Future Strike but was retreated into a separate game/story.
I have a soft spot for Jungle Strike as it was the first proper video game I ever bought with my own cash... but Nuclear Strike is by far and away my favourite of the series.

#1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

#2) Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)

#3) GoldenEye 007 (N64)

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I really wish they would do a "re-master" of Goldeneye. Just make the same game. It is near unplayable nowadays, so nostalgia it is.

I'll take your three, and raise it by 7.

1.Super Mario Galaxy

Nintendo at their peak. Imaginative, perfect controls, chock full of content, and gorgeous for the Wii. The most fun I've ever had with a video game.

2. Conker's Bad Fur Day

Funny, and crude as hell, and one of the grandest games of the 64 bit era. Rare finished their near perfect run on the N64 with, in my opinion, the best game they ever made.

3.Super Smash Bros (Wii U)

My favorite multiplayer game ever. Good for any occasion, whether it's competitive, or for a drunken Saturday night with friends. The best roster in all of fighting games.

4.Uncharted 3

Just a big, playable Indiana Jones story, but playable! I know the second one is most people's favorite, but the central focus on Sully, my favorite character in the series, and more bada[/i]ss set pieces puts it higher than that game for me personally.

5. Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy, and Disney. I match made in Heaven? Who would've thought? The sequels may have gotten more complex with the story, and the gameplay might've gotten significantly more engaging, but this one to me is the most complete package of the bunch overall.

6.No More Heroes 2

The best game made by my favorite weirdo in the game industry, Suda51. Travis Touchdown will forever be the coolest video game character to me. Those boss fights too, man, they're great!

7. Persona 5

Newest game on the list, and I've yet to beat it, but man, this game has so much to do, and all of it is addicting as hell. From the visuals, to the turn based gameplay, to the acid jazz soundtrack, it's one of the most complete games I've ever played.

8.Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

The first console I ever had was the SNES, and along with the PS2, PS3, the Nintendo DS, and the Genesis, I think has one of the strongest libraries of games ever, it's my favorite console, and this is the best one. It's so damn colorful, and cheery.

9.Sonic Colors

This series gets so much ****, but when this one was released, I was back on board more than ever. It has everything I love about the classic games, and the good modern games.

10. Batman: Arkham Asylum

The sequels may have gotten bigger, but nothing still beats the original, I still prefer the Metroid-esque structure over this one over the big open worlds of the others. The combat is so simple, and fun.

-Breath Of Fire III
-GTA San Andreas
-FF VII

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Just got back into gaming, so I don't have any recent stuff. But my three ALL TIME faves that I still play to this day are:

1) Resident Evil 4
2) Kingdom Hearts
3) Modern Warfare 1 and 2

1) Path of Exile

I've been playing this actively since the closed beta meaning it's been my go-to game for almost six years. I'm sure I've missed a ton of great games while playing PoE and I'd really need to start playing something else too (have lots of potentially great strategy games on Steam waiting).

2) Civilization IV

My favorite Civ (haven't tried VI yet). I think stack of doom is superior to carpet of doom. Haven't played this in years but when it was released I spent 1k+ hours with it.

3) Dungeon Master

I played this through on Amiga so many times. First and dearest dungeon crawler ever made. Pure nostalgia pick.

Other favorites that could easily be on the list: Hellgate London, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Galactic Civilization II. Then there are MMO's which always seem to go wrong eventually but despite of all their flaws my favorites have been Secret World, Rift, Wildstar, Final Fantasy XIV and SWTOR. Other nostalgia picks could be Phantasie III, The Way of the Exploding Fist II, Black Crypt, Eye of the Beholder I - III, bunch of old SSI gold box AD&D games and Boulder Dash.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I had to go back to my game list submission to confirm, but top three and a few following for context are as follows:

1. Portal
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
3. Bioshock

4. Crono-Trigger
5. Diablo II
6. The Legend of Zelda
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Metroid
9. Phantasy Star II
10. Starcraft
11. Target Earth
12. Dune (Sega Genesis)

Top three are the ones I consistently return to to pass the time. Batman: Arkham Asylum MIGHT move into the top 15/20. I grew up with the Atari 2600, followed by the NES and Master System wars. GREAT decade to a be a kid. Apart from having a single parent, MADD, and the AIDs outbreak onto society. Oh, and those "this is your brain on drugs" promos. But technology was just so much fun!

*cough*

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear