Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

i think she ment that we all could then help look for good places to watch it?
You're right. I was just saying that since other people were able to find Bashu, a film that a few of us thought would be too obscure at the start of the HoF, you shouldn't worry about your nomination just yet - at least until we've had the chance to take a look as well.

I'm joking with Cosmic
That's a bit of a relief because I wasn't quite sure where you were coming from with your previous post. Like Topsy, the joke went over my head haha.

Gonna repost that so she doesn't think i'm serious.
Yeah I saw that.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't know what he has nominated but if those are the reasons he is being silly. That said this is my nomination guys, sorry Raul i just couldn't hold back:

I hope you're serious about this being your nom. I love Anastasia, and I have this DVD, but I haven't watched it in years. It would be great to rewatch it for this HoF.

Sent. Seeing the discussion about nominating favorites or obscure movies I just picked one that covered both and is kind of a risky choice, but whatever. Let's see how it goes.

I think you put yourself in a silly situation. You are nominating a film that isn't even among your animated favorites just because it's an obscure film. But whatever dude, do whatever you want and listen to us bitch and moan when we don't care for it.

Hell, nominate a Miyazaki film and or Takahata and let us enjoy watching it
No, it's the best animated film I watched this year. I nominate it because of its artistic qualities. Now, your attitude needs improving, first because it's not really obscure at all, for example, I first watched it on TV when I was 9 years old and yes, it's a personal favorite and a childhood favorite. There are other great animation besides Miyazaki and Takahata.

Second, but nonetheless important: It's very arrogant and disrespectful to judge nominations that you have not watched nor have any idea of its reputation. Now just because you never heard of it doesn't meant it's obscure: the world is vast, most of it is obscure to an individual mind, we have to be humble and understand that we know little and hence try to understand what we don't know and not just judge it without having formed an opinion based on a well intentioned watch. Enjoyment of movies depends heavily on how much you invest yourself into it and how humble you are in accepting that maybe it doesn't need to fit into the stylistic straight jacket used in most Hollywood movies.

I'm not part of this Hof.....But I did read the controversy about Guap's nomination and I've seen this problem with Guap's direct to video nominations come up in other Hofs.

Perhaps the rule should be no direct to video movies. As always it's totally up to the host. I'm just floating that idea.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm not part of this Hof.....But I did read the controversy about Guap's nomination and I've seen this problem with Guap's direct to video nominations come up in other Hofs.

Perhaps the rule should be no direct to video movies. As always it's totally up to the host. I'm just floating that idea.

Some direct to video movies are easy to find. The rule should only be about how hard it is to find, not whether or not it's a direct to video movie.

Well, usually direct to video is crap. And in almost every Hof there's complaints about Guaps direct to video nominations. Yet, there are plenty of theatrical release animes for him to nominate. Like I said, just floating the idea for future host.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm not bashing the direct to video aspect. I'm bashing that he has nominated something he has never talked about in his millions of animation threads before.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Might we heed our host and not spill the porverbial beans on the rest of the noms? I'm sure he's put in some work on presentation and I for one would like to see the fruits of that labour unspoiled.

And yes, I know the hypocrisy of repping jal's post and then say this, but that was only because it's a very good nom.