Vacations

Tools    

A long drive! but if you make a fun road trip that can be also a cool thing. When you go post some pics!

I should be going on vacation within a week for a road trip with camping...in a tent. Hope it's not to cold. I'm not sure totally where we're going yet.

I'm currently wondering how to split my days up in Ireland. I don't normally do too much planning at all when I'm running away to Ireland. I usually just book flights, close my eyes and put my finger on the map of Ireland to let that be the decider.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm currently wondering how to split my days up in Ireland. I don't normally do too much planning at all when I'm running away to Ireland. I usually just book flights, close my eyes and put my finger on the map of Ireland to let that be the decider.
If it were me, I'd be going to Cliffs of Moher.

If it were me, I'd be going to Cliffs of Moher.
Been there. Got a friend who lives in Doolin, making instruments. Strangely, I know Ireland better than I know Sweden.

Going to Seattle next year. I know a lot of people from the forum have been there, so let me know any recommendations you may have.

I'll be there next month! And probably the same time next year, but we'll see.

Anyway, depends on the time of year. There's a great restaurant for lunch called Il Corvo. There's a good zombie-based escape room (the acting is so good).

Mostly, though, go to Pagliacci's for pizza and Woody's for burgers and shakes.

I'm trying a few more places this year so I'll probably come back and update this.

Going to Seattle next year. I know a lot of people from the forum have been there, so let me know any recommendations you may have.
My aunt lives there. If you run into her, say hi!

-----

Going to be in Burbank for 10 days starting on the 16th. COOL

BEANS.

Going to Seattle Monday.
@Yoda @Citizen Rules ready for those requests
I request that you have a great time!

BTW the weather is sunny and warm! Very unusual for this time of the year. It's predicted to stay that way for awhile too. It was like 71 today. So bring your sun screen

Going to Seattle Monday.
@Yoda @Citizen Rules ready for those requests
Alas, I won't be there until late August. One of these days it'll line up.

Glad you bumped this thread, though, because I'll be traveling a few times this summer. First in mid-June for a wedding, in Denver. Then trying to Jamestown, NY to catch a John Mulaney show in early August, and then the usual Seattle PAX West trip at the end of the same month. Whew, should be busy/fun.

I request that you have a great time!

BTW the weather is sunny and warm! Very unusual for this time of the year. It's predicted to stay that way for awhile too. It was like 71 today. So bring your sun screen
Yeah I saw that and not too much rain predicted so far either!

Alas, I won't be there until late August. One of these days it'll line up.

Glad you bumped this thread, though, because I'll be traveling a few times this summer. First in mid-June for a wedding, in Denver. Then trying to Jamestown, NY to catch a John Mulaney show in early August, and then the usual Seattle PAX West trip at the end of the same month. Whew, should be busy/fun.
Busy year for you man. Seattle and then off to Ohio in October. Those are my two this year.

So what are you seeing first?
Pikes Market is the first day for sure and then we will go from there. I think we are going to the aquarium too that day. Wednesday we head for Olympic, and gonna squeeze Rainier in for sure.

Pikes Market is the first day for sure and then we will go from there. I think we are going to the aquarium too that day. Wednesday we head for Olympic, and gonna squeeze Rainier in for sure.
There use to be a viaduct freeway behind Pikes, but they closed that and put in a big underground tunnel...so now if you walk downhill a couple blocks from Pikes it's a nice quiet walk and that's where the waterfront is of course with like a ton of cool stuff.

I dunno how much time you have, sounds like you're packed already so additional recommendations might not make sense. Pike Place and the Aquarium, for sure, are both good/interesting. Most of the places beyond that I'd recommend are food. Pagliacci's...drool...

The Adventure Starts Here!
Been traveling a lot here too. In December hubby and I went on a 7-day western Caribbean cruise. He won the blackjack tournament on board (second time he's done that), which netted him $500 and a free slot in the big Grand Tournament next week on a bigger, different ship. So we're going on THAT cruise so he can win the first prize of $50,000. (Ha ha haaaa... it's only 7 hands of blackjack, which means it's as much luck of the cards as any sort of skill at the game. Still, somebody's gotta win, right?)

Last month I took the train to Houston (from here in Pittsburgh) to visit some writer friends. He bought us Level 9 behind-the-scenes tickets fo the NASA Space Center. OH MY GOSH. Soooo worth it. I came out of that day wondering why we don't just funnel all our tax dollars into the space program.

Mission Control for the international space station:

Factoid: More than half the people in Mission Control that day, including the Flight Director (not even a president can override her decisions), were women. Young women.

Last weekend I drove to Dover, Ohio (about two hours away), for a new book festival there. Made a few bucks selling books, did some good networking, and stayed in a lovely hotel.

Next month it's my yearly writers' conference (I'm on the board so it's almost a working conference for me).

And hubby has his eye on a big two-week Panama Canal cruise, possibly in December. Crazy busy with all this traveling, but it's been so much fun, too!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-12 15.14.07.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	53893