Ben Affleck

Tools    

I believe Ben Affleck could be a late bloomer with his best yet to come. I also thought he acted well in Changing Lanes and Boiler Room. As far as a director, he is 3 for 3 as far as I'm concerned, and just learning.

I've seen all the three films that he has directed and I really liked all of them. Gone Baby Gone was good but I didn't like it as much as some people do, and The Town is imo one of the best films of 2010.

Argo is probably better than The Town so I'd say that he is improving. In Argo he delivered a very good performance as well.

Haven't seen ARGO yet, but GONE BABY GONE was awesome. As an actor, I liked him in CHANGING LANES and I think he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for HOLLYWOODLAND.

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck - grrr I don't like him, I don't remember any good role of Affleck.

I don't know if anybody else agrees with me, but I think Ben Affleck has a lot of talent as a director. Gone Baby Gone is one of my favorite films of all-time, and The Town was a very solid film to me. Just hoping that he will direct more movies in the future.
Completely agree, Gone Baby Gone is a really great film, and The Town is solid. Ben is much better behind the camera for sure. Casey Affleck is far better infront, I don't know if a lot of people have seen The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford, but that was just a beautiful movie to watch and both Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck sold that movie. I'm a fan of Ben in Phantoms, that's a gem.

So far,I think he's decent.I've seen The Town and Argo and they were good enjoyable yet unmemorable films.As for his acting,I've seen only a few performances so I think he is better at directing.Anyway,he still hasn't made anything extremely good but I think he can do it.

I don't know if anybody else agrees with me, but I think Ben Affleck has a lot of talent as a director. Gone Baby Gone is one of my favorite films of all-time, and The Town was a very solid film to me. Just hoping that he will direct more movies in the future.
Gratuitous bump to strongly agree.

Also because I can.

Gratuitous bump to strongly agree.

Also because I can.
I agree too.

A ****ty clickbait-type article featuring his face appeared at the bottom of another site I was on just now. I clicked and my heart broke a little...he is'nt doing so great right now.

A ****ty clickbait-type article featuring his face appeared at the bottom of another site I was on just now. I clicked and my heart broke a little...he is'nt doing so great right now.
What's the story?

I never considered Ben Affleck a good actor. I could not stand to hear him speak.Two films I could watch of his was

And

Because he has very few lines. He's a decent in an action film as long as he keeps his mouth shut. In my opinion, he's a terrible Batman!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
One day a boy will turn to me and ask, "Mr? How did the world end?" I will turn from his malnourished frame to slowly scan the wasteland before me, admiring the sickened earth from nuclear fallout and reply, "Child, it started with a post. And one pissed off and vengeful cat..."

Not this time!

I understand, I used to find him off putting too. But he turned my opinion of him around, and now I find him quite beautiful.

This might just do nobody any good.
I heard two days ago and it was coming out right after the announcement that he was getting back to work on movie with his bff. I don’t bear the guy any ill will and hope he gets better. I don’t get how others derive any sense of, I don’t know, glee out of things like this.

Make a better place
Absolutely, as much as I dislike him as an actor I admire him as a director

Gone Baby Gone is for sure his best work, I like all the movies he directed except the last one which was just OK

Gone Girl is a fantastic movie.

Casey Affleck is a WAY better actor