Dustin's Random Lists

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You have to remember that The Academy has been political for a very, very long time.
I'm well aware of it. Though actually when they nominate the right ones I generally agree with the verdict, but not always.

Lots of recent adds to my best picture rankings: Loved Robin Williams in Goodwill Hunting, figured that Jeremy Irons won in a weak year, As Good as It Gets had decent performances from Hunt and Nicholson, while Julie Christie was great in Darling. The best oscar performance I've seen in February probably goes to the supporting role for Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon, a film that was nothing without O'Neal.

I've added all of last nights winners into my rankings list. Really liked Lawrence and Hathaway, in comparison to other winners I've seen.

Since a lot of people have been making Worst Movies of all time lists, I figured I'd make mine as well. I'm just going with a quick top 10 of the most godawful films that I have seen.

So here it is:

10. The Master
9. Traffic
8. Still Waiting
7. Boondock Saints
6. Shanghai Express
5. The Lake House
4. Little Nicky
3. Bringing down the House
2. Half Baked
1. Meet the Spartans

I may catch a lot of flack for 4-5 of these films, but to be quite honest, I really don't think I've seen a lot of terrible films per se. Normally I won't watch a film if it's not critically acclaimed or at least getting some decent reviews here and there.

In Respect to the forum, I will put all of my "random listings" into one thread, hopefully people will still enjoy this. I'll try to get a new one going every once in awhile, so just check up on it.

To start, since Denzel is one of my favorite actors, rank these Denzel Films (these are the ones I own):

Inside Man
The Hurricane
Taking of Pelham 123
The Great Debaters
Out of Time
Deja Vu
American Gangster
John Q
Man on Fire
Antwone Fisher
The Bone Collector
Fallen
There's lots of incredible Denzel roles missing from this list:

Cry Freedom
Malcolm X
Glory
A Soldier's Story
Training Day
Remember the Titans
Flight (filmed after you made this list)

I agree. Denzel is an amazing actor.

celluloid, actually I have all of those in my collection or have seen them all except A Soldier's Story and Cry Freedom

Anyways, on my least favorite list I forgot to put The Master on there, as it is well worthy of a spot.

What did you hate so much about The Master and Boondock Saints?

Also I thought Bringing Down the House was at least mildly amusing. Far from being one of the worst movies ever made.

The Master- the performances. The script. The directing. Mainly the directing.

Boondock- could care less about the characters. Seems like it wants to be cool but fails. I don't watch many bad movies IMO.

The performances were the only thing I liked about The Master. And Boondock is cool and hilarious.

I think about the only movie we'll ever really agree on is Gladiator.

Was there a reason you didn't mention One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Schindler's List? Both are in our top 100 lists.

Looking at your top 100, there are a good number of movies that I like and some that I like a lot. But there are also quite a few that I'm apathetic to and 8 that hate.

I went off of memory. Cuckoos Nest is great and a prime contender for a great spot in my 70s list. I also like Mary and Max, as do you.

Boondock- could care less about the characters. Seems like it wants to be cool but fails. I don't watch many bad movies IMO.
Couldn't. Couldn't care less.

I'm sorry. It's a sickness.

A couple off odd choices on your Denzel list as well as a couple of odd omissions. Am I the only one who thought INSIDE MAN was a terrible film? Yet, no love for GLORY, MALCOLM X or PHILADELPHIA?