Upcoming Animated Musicals Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm not sure what's going on with this HoF, but for now, we'll continue under the assumption that it will most likely move forward. I stated earlier that I was going to keep this open for about a week to allow people to decide on their nominations, so until then, you can keep posting your nominations.

I updated the first post with the nominations list. allowing Allegro Non Troppo, changing Nope1172's nomination from The Little Mermaid to The Lion King, and adding Friendly Mushroom's Pinocchio nomination and Gunslinger's Sleeping Beauty nomination.

Two people mentioned Alice in Wonderland, but neither said if they wanted to nominate it, so if it's someone's official nomination, please let me know so I can add it to the list.

So I just caught up with the other musical thread.

I know that most of the racket was for laughs. but did it have to go that far? Nobody gave enough room for CR to even breathe. It seemed like everyone left him out because he's an old geezer that doesn't think properly. Even though I also don't agree with him I would have taken the time to discuss and reach an agreeing point, and at the same time joke around. Once the first few flames were ignited the thread went to the wrong direction, leading it to be closed.

I really wish this could all start over again, because something is going to go wrong, eventually, in such an unstable state. Both threads were barely standing and now one of them has fallen. Maybe we can start again after the main MoFo Hall of Fame thread is created again and the docs one gets a proper schedule. Or we can all take a break from HoFs for a while because if every single HoF gets planned and run like this in a rapid speed I'm not joining anymore.

Edit - Alright, I just found out that CR didn't act cool even after apologizing. So it pretty much means that everyone is being real cranky all because of one message board tournament. We all need to chill. Chill Club anyone?
Dude I love Judge Judy! My mom watches it with me and we laugh at the dumb ones

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Two people mentioned Alice in Wonderland, but neither said if they wanted to nominate it, so if it's someone's official nomination, please let me know so I can add it to the list.
Well, I am kind of torn between "Alice In Wonderland", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "An American Tail". I really don't know which to go with.

Was my first pick, but I opted to stick with the more classic Disney. Plus most everyone has seen it. Except for Miss Vicky who hated it.
"Frozen"? She's not the only one. I absolutely ABHOR "Frozen".

Well, I am kind of torn between "Alice In Wonderland", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "An American Tail". I really don't know which to go with.
I think Alice is the best bet of those three. I loved An American Tail when I was a child, but a recent rewatch of it just annoyed me. I watched Hunchback for the first time not long ago and didn't like it either.

Then again, I hate musicals and most animated musicals aren't exceptions to that.

I've never seen The Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I can't compare it to the other two movies, but IMO Alice In Wonderland is better than An American Tail. I loved An American Tail when I was a kid, (I even have a big doll of Fievel Mousekewitz), but it wasn't as good when I re-watched it recently for the Animation List.

As long as nobody comes along and picks those movies, you still have a few days to decide.

I loved An American Tail when I was a child, but a recent rewatch of it just annoyed me.
Alice In Wonderland is better than An American Tail. I loved An American Tail when I was a kid, (I even have a big doll of Fievel Mousekewitz), but it wasn't as good when I re-watched it recently for the Animation List.
It is funny that the two of you both, essentially, said the same thing about "An American Tail". I only started to consider it because I bought it really cheap at the store a few months ago and haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. I haven't watched it in YEARS. So, this would've been my excuse to get around to finally doing so. But with both of your opinions, it makes me wonder how I will feel about it after all of these years (I, too, loved it was a kid, which is why I went ahead and bought it). So I will keep that one for when for myself to watch sometime. Hopefully I will feel better about it than the two of you after the rewatch.

I will just nominate "Alice In Wonderland".

I kind of like "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (I haven't seen this one in years either), but I was leaning more towards "Alice In Wonderland", anyway. So, I will nominate that one.

It is funny that the two of you both, essentially, said the same thing about "An American Tail". I only started to consider it because I bought it really cheap at the store a few months ago and haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. I haven't watched it in YEARS. So, this would've been my excuse to get around to finally doing so. But with both of your opinions, it makes me wonder how I will feel about it after all of these years (I, too, loved it was a kid, which is why I went ahead and bought it). So I will keep that one for when for myself to watch sometime. Hopefully I will feel better about it than the two of you after the rewatch.

I will just nominate "Alice In Wonderland".

I kind of like "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (I haven't seen this one in years either), but I was leaning more towards "Alice In Wonderland", anyway. So, I will nominate that one.

I added your nomination to the list in the first post. I hope you enjoy An American Tail when you re-watch it. It's still a pretty good movie, but it wasn't as great as I remembered it.

I think Alice is the best bet of those three. I loved An American Tail when I was a child, but a recent rewatch of it just annoyed me. I watched Hunchback for the first time not long ago and didn't like it either.

Then again, I hate musicals and most animated musicals aren't exceptions to that.
I have noticed that as I have gotten older Don Bluth movies have lost their luster. Loved them as kids, not so much on revisit.

I have noticed that as I have gotten older Don Bluth movies have lost their luster. Loved them as kids, not so much on revisit.

I hope Don Bluth's Anastasia (1997) is the exception that proves the rule because I love that movie so much that I nominated it.

I still love The Land Before Time and am still annoyed it didn't make the countdown, but the rest of his work hasn't really held up.

I hope Don Bluth's Anastasia (1997) is the exception that proves the rule because I love that movie so much that I nominated it.
I've only seen it once, and I think it was OK. In my mind, it was a pretty decent movie, but that was years ago that I saw it. So I will be curious to see how I feel about it now.

I still love The Land Before Time and am still annoyed it didn't make the countdown, but the rest of his work hasn't really held up.
I just watched this one about 6 months ago or so. I hadn't seen it in years and really wanted to watch it again. I always loved it. And it was still pretty good, I thought. Although it was a lot shorter than I remembered it being.

Good choice SilentVamp!

I figured that you would approve of the choice.