Things that annoy you...

Tools    

She sure did.. I can't be doing with religious zealotry at that time of the morning, mad as a hatter!

Finally some sense, she lost her stupid case today.

Things like this make me really angry, a SECULAR school in London, BRITAIN is having to go to court because of some ****ing idiot girl who is trying to sue them for not having a prayer room.

Which by the way is explained to every family in the rules before they decide to send their child to this school! So they know before that there are no prayer rooms.

And surprise surprise, looks like it's retaliation because apparently this same girl who wants to be a good religious person and pray was suspended a few months before for threatening to STAB some of the other children at the school...

School has even had death threats, bomb threats, racism toward other teachers and so on.

**** off.

This shouldn't even be going to court in the first place.

I will not say the religion but you can probably guess...

"Annoy" isn't the word for what happened this morning, but afaik there isn't a "Things That Horrify You" thread so I'm posting here.

At around 4:00 a.m. I got up to use the bathroom and then went back to bed. As I was trying to fall back asleep, I heard the unmistakable sound of an insect buzzing right by my ear. I tried to swat it away a few times and then... IT WENT IN MY F***ING EAR.

Cue absolute panic as I desperately shook my head and swatted at my ear trying to get rid of it. I could hear and feel the damn thing moving around in there. Absolute nightmare fuel. After a little while the sound and sensation stopped but I couldn't be sure that it was gone. Then I remembered that several years back I had bought a little wifi otoscope camera. After a few minutes wracking my panicked and sleep deprived mind trying to remember where the hell I put it, I found it, read the instructions, set it up, and looked in my ear and... the damn bug was still there. It wasn't moving. I must've managed to kill it with my flailing, but it was there. Cue panicked googling to figure out wth to do and I read the suggestion to flush the ear with a syringe and warm water. Found a syringe and flushed several times, then checked with my camera again. STILL THERE. Called the 24 hour number for Kaiser and was told there were no available appointments for today but they'd send an urgent message for the office to call me when they're open. After some more flushing I finally managed to dislodge it around 5:30 a.m. but couldn't get back to sleep. Now I get to go to work and deal with a crazy Monday.

"Annoy" isn't the word for what happened this morning, but afaik there isn't a "Things That Horrify You" thread so I'm posting here.

At around 4:00 a.m. I got up to use the bathroom and then went back to bed. As I was trying to fall back asleep, I heard the unmistakable sound of an insect buzzing right by my ear. I tried to swat it away a few times and then... IT WENT IN MY F***ING EAR.

Cue absolute panic as I desperately shook my head and swatted at my ear trying to get rid of it. I could hear and feel the damn thing moving around in there. Absolute nightmare fuel. After a little while the sound and sensation stopped but I couldn't be sure that it was gone. Then I remembered that several years back I had bought a little wifi otoscope camera. After a few minutes wracking my panicked and sleep deprived mind trying to remember where the hell I put it, I found it, read the instructions, set it up, and looked in my ear and... the damn bug was still there. It wasn't moving. I must've managed to kill it with my flailing, but it was there. Cue panicked googling to figure out wth to do and I read the suggestion to flush the ear with a syringe and warm water. Found a syringe and flushed several times, then checked with my camera again. STILL THERE. Called the 24 hour number for Kaiser and was told there were no available appointments for today but they'd send an urgent message for the office to call me when they're open. After some more flushing I finally managed to dislodge it around 5:30 a.m. but couldn't get back to sleep. Now I get to go to work and deal with a crazy Monday.
You’re the only person I know who’s even heard of a otoscope camera let alone figure out how to use one. Not to mention finding a syringe & using one.

Whatever, you did the job.

You’re the only person I know who’s even heard of a otoscope camera let alone figure out how to use one. Not to mention finding a syringe & using one.

Whatever, you did the job.
I bought the camera several years back after watching a YouTube video (Good Mythical Morning, I think?) where they tested a bunch of ear related products you can buy online. It wasn’t very expensive. It uses a Wi-Fi signal to send the image to your tablet or smartphone. I brought the syringe home from work a week or so ago because I’d lost the dosing cup for some liquid cold medicine I was taking. I just rinsed it out before using it in my ear.

Wonderfully gripping, horrific story, Vicky.

I can only imagine.

One trick I've heard for bug in the ear is to hold a flashlight towards your ear and hope the bug will go toward the light - but this doesn't always work when the bug went in headfirst and can't back out (it may not even see the light even if it could back out).

One trick I've heard for bug in the ear is to hold a flashlight towards your ear and hope the bug will go toward the light - but this doesn't always work when the bug went in headfirst and can't back out (it may not even see the light even if it could back out).
That makes sense. It was a tiny bug (maybe a gnat or something?) and the light trick might have worked if I hadn't panicked like I did. I'd say I'll try to remember that for next time, but I really, REALLY hope there is no "next time."

I bought the camera several years back after watching a YouTube video (Good Mythical Morning, I think?) where they tested a bunch of ear related products you can buy online. It wasn’t very expensive. It uses a Wi-Fi signal to send the image to your tablet or smartphone. I brought the syringe home from work a week or so ago because I’d lost the dosing cup for some liquid cold medicine I was taking. I just rinsed it out before using it in my ear.
What made you buy the camera in the first place?

What made you buy the camera in the first place?
I briefly got really into watching earwax extraction videos on YouTube and was curious to see if I had any issues with impacted wax.

I briefly got really into watching earwax extraction videos on YouTube and was curious to see if I had any issues with impacted wax.

I have seen a few of those but I prefer callous and corn removal form feet. I feel pain relief vicariously through those videos.

I have seen a few of those but I prefer callous and corn removal form feet. I feel pain relief vicariously through those videos.
I’ve watched some podiatry videos too, but something about people’s feet makes me weirdly squeamish so I don’t always make it all the way through.

This is everyday of my life.

You need to calm down, you'll give yourself a stroke

Honestly this was like the second or third time I'd gone out for pizza in my life and all I wanted was a "small" with 2 toppings. Their card machine wasn't working and because I had to go to a cash machine they offered me a "medium" with 4 toppings for the same price.. when I went to collect it the guy working there told me they hadn't any "medium" pizzas left so done me a "large" shrugged and said "shit". Honestly it was enough to feed a small family.

Some Dr.s. Annoy isn't nearly a strong enough word. I had my yearly physical yesterday which gave me a chance to discuss something with my Dr.. I asked him if I had shown signs of something that may become problematic and needed follow ups but I forgot or was never told I needed the follow ups would the fact that I'm missing them show up on My Chart saying overdue for whatever test? If I wasn't doing the follow ups but was visiting you 3-4 times per year for almost 2 years complaining of pain would it raise an alarm about me missing them tests and would you say something to me? I need to know if you're really looking out for me or the provider.

He was dodgy, I think he knew what I was fishing for, it took several different ways of saying the same thing and several attempts by him to pretty much avoid the question but eventually I got out of him that yes, if I was missing the tests he would remind me and the fact that I was missing them would be on his chart along with whatever was problematic to begin with and he would encourage/remind me to do the follow ups. Thanks Doc. That's wasn't so hard was it.

When it comes to healthcare you have to push for yourself. Dr.'s will protect each other much in the same way as the Thin Blue Line of law enforcement and providers are not looking out for your best interest.