Old movie with poor but wonderful special effects.

Tools    

I had thought the film I'm looking for was called the beasts of the southern wild. It isn't that 2012 film.

All I can remember is a very old film, possibly black and white or at least poor quality.
I believe its an adventure film, following our hero explore a new environment with 'beasts'.
One scene in particular, we see pigs with hairy blankets drapped across their backs and fake tusks. Notably these creatures had been super imposed to appear huge in comparisson to our heroes.

Nowadays it may be considered laughable special effects but to me I lived it's creativity and I am desperate to find it.

Thank you for reading.
I would be so grateful if you can help.

It's not "Quest for Fire" is it? That was a movie set in caveman times, and the filmmakers had to do things like take modern animals and add hairy blankets and fake tusks to make them look prehistoric.
But my memory is that the effect actually worked, and didn't look laughable.
What sort of world did the heroes come from? A modern world? A fantasy world? A caveman world?

freedom~empathy~peace
Another possibility is a czech movie from 1955 that features many beasts, including 'woolly mammoths' with huge tusks. Could these be the animals you saw? The beasts here were created using special effects.

The film was released in the USA with the title 'A Journey to the Beginning of Time'. The US version of the movie had a slightly altered story line, and a few new scenes were added.

Check out the czech version here:
youtu.be/Iovo0biVnFY