MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season

Tools    

I think the Clown's are going to whip my tuchus this week. MG3 sounds like he may sit this and my substitute is the mighty Frank Gore. What's worse is theyre saying it's a knee problem, and that's more dangerous than groin or hammie. One time this season I almost renamed my team groins and hammies. Strange, but it would be a better name than strong and healthys :/

Am I wrong but there seemed to be more trades during the season this year? Golden Tates value dropped like a rock going to Philly. A position I couldn't afford to take a hit in with my low-ceiling WRs.

Let the night air cool you off
Yeah, it seems like offensive skill players of note were a little more active on the trading block this season. Demaryius Thomas, who hasn't been great this year anyway, to Houston was a thing. Amari Cooper to Dallas. Carlos Hyde losing all value on his way to Jacksonville, but Nick Chubb says thank you. Josh Gordon to the Pats. Did I miss any?

7thson gets a passing TD from his kicker.

and he kicked the XP too .

That was an awesome play even though they lost,

Welp, three straight losses, and suddenly I'm on the playoff bubble. Because two of the teams just above me play each other, it's still win-and-I'm-in, but that's a rough position to be in after starting 7-2. I'm a little surprised none of my backs have turned into reliable options, though it's just as much that when each of them has gone off, I've guessed wrong and had them on the bench. Think I'm like 1-for-5 on those guesses, and this last week it cost me the win (lost by < 3 points).

Also, unless I romp in this last game, this'll be the first year in league history I haven't had the top score in any week.

Speaking of which, congrats to Adam for throwing up 175.10. That's the eighth highest in league history.

Welp, three straight losses, and suddenly I'm on the playoff bubble. Because two of the teams just above me play each other, it's still win-and-I'm-in, but that's a rough position to be in after starting 7-2. I'm a little surprised none of my backs have turned into reliable options, though it's just as much that when each of them has gone off, I've guessed wrong and had them on the bench. Think I'm like 1-for-5 on those guesses, and this last week it cost me the win (lost by < 3 points).

Also, unless I romp in this last game, this'll be the first year in league history I haven't had the top score in any week.

Speaking of which, congrats to Adam for throwing up 175.10. That's the eighth highest in league history.
Couple of hopefully easy questions if you dont mind - With 6 losses now does that mean my playoff chances are gone?
Also, I scored over 200 one time this season, where does that place?

Couple of hopefully easy questions if you dont mind - With 6 losses now does that mean my playoff chances are gone?
Technically no, but functionally, yeah. You need like three teams to lose and you need to outscore PW by like 60, I think.

Also, I scored over 200 one time this season, where does that place?
You were on pace to top 200, but you finished at 196. Which is actually more impressive given settings differences. I posted about it at the time:

Update: he did not break 200, but if you adjust to full PPR (which was what we had in 2009 when PW set the record), TONGO's score is, in fact, higher. So, adjusted for settings, that's probably the best week in league history.

Crazier still: he got zero from Sammy Watkins (not hurt, just one target, no catches) and somehow still put up that insane total. He could've had another 12 from Frank Gore, who was on the bench.

Other than Watkins he had six skill players (RB/WR/TE), and all of them scored over 20 points. He only got 7 from his defense, too! That's pretty average, but it's really weird to see a total this high without the defense scoring a couple defensive TDs and throwing up 20 themselves, nevermind combined with a goose egg at another position.

Wild stuff.

Cripes, TONGO's probably gonna become just the second team in league history to break 200. And I'm pretty sure the only other one did it while we had full PPR!
Nevermind I just saw this post. Sigh! I was loving life that week lol

I've started choosing my opponents' players in daily fantasy just because I know they're bound to go off.
Spaulding this idea is complete genius.

Week 13 and Yahoo projects me having a 33% chance to win. That sucks a bunch.

MG3 gets an MCL sprain and they say its entirely possible he misses the remainder of the season. Cry.

Maaaaaybe I can still get by with Dalvin Cook, whose back, and my miracle pick from the draft Tarik Cohen.

Geez man... Just got Doyle back and now he's gone for the rest of the year. Marvin Jones too. I love the reporting on this stuff. He gets hurt and supposedly had a chance to play this week but after Sunday they just IR him with absolutely no warning. Love that.

Professor Tinker is done. Picked up Chris Conley and Lagarrett Blount. If Sammy Watkins doesn't play Chris Conley has much more upside than Golden Tate, A-Rob, or Sterling Shepard. The same with Kerryon Johnson. As the Lions substitute RB, Blount did pretty damn good on Thanksgiving Day. Otherwise I think my low-ceiling WRs are worse than taking a chance on someone from the waivers.

It had been a fun year even though I am highly disappointed on how my team fleshed out. Would love to get another win under my belt - hopefully I will put up a respectable score.

...And Now for Something Completely Different...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJE47TKtsI

My favorite line in the video "That one's toting the line there a little bit"

Well, week's about to start. Didn't get around to writing a super detailed playoff scenario post this year, but it's less necessary than usual. The main three things to watch:
1) My matchup, since from what I can tell it's a clear: "win and you're in, lose and you're out" situation.
2) Spaulding and PW's matchup. Winner's safe, loser's still safe...if I lose.
3) jiraffe's matchup over TONGO. TONGO's point total is probably too low, but jiraffe can still sneak in with a win and a little help.
PW and I are the ones who most need our wins, because we're lower in points than most of the other teams involved. Spaulding and Josh (Iron City Chuggars) are much better positioned to lose and make it in anyway.

Jiraffe's matchup over TONGO. TONGO's point total is probably too low, but jiraffe can still sneak in with a win and a little help.
If I win, do you know who has to lose for me to get in, and how many points I'd need?