top 3 worst movies ( top of head)

Tools    

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
The Room: Stupid
Rushmore: Interesting idea for a story, but Wes Anderson gets odd again
IT (2017): Too much CGI

I know I'm responding to a 7 year old post, but I think I listed Year One (2009) as a "guilty pleasure" somewhere. Sure, it's a bad movie, but it's got some silly fun in it.
Notable among its cast are: David Cross, Hank Azaria, Oliver Platt and the late great Harold Ramis!

It's kind of like a filler chapter for Mel Brook's History of the World. People think at first glance that it's another Caveman movie, but it's not - it actually spoofs the book of Genesis - and I kind of like Bible spoof movies!
that hanging upside down pee scene had me rolling. It wasnt a bad movie..there are infinite titles more deserving of worst movies ever

RAW (2017)
2012 ICE AGE
Samurai cop

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Titanic (sorry still can't stand it)
Freddy Got Fingered
Dragonball: Evolution

Weird is relative.
Oz the Great and Powerful
You, Me and Dupree
Borat

The truth is in here
"Borat"??

Man, for God's sake people, watch some real bad movies.

Here's my own list:

3. Margot At The Wedding (This movie is just unpleasant all throughout. It was marketed as a black comedy, but every minute I kept waiting for the comedy part to arrive and it never did. Not only that, but there is no supposed dramatic tension either since you don't give a **** about any of these awful characters. NONE of them seem to have any sort of noticeable redeeming values, interesting personality traits, just ANYTHING to latch on to. Even Jack Black's character was unbearable to watch. But no one got on my nerves more than Margot. In every frame we see her act like a piece of human garbage towards everyone, and she gets away with it just because "she's family". Whether it's her sister or her own son it's only ME, ME, ME, give ME all the attention even though I'm acting like a colossal ****head. With all that you'd at least expect her to change in some way, maybe learn something at the end or that we're given a reason for why she's so insufferable.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. By the end of the movie I felt like all I'd been through was a neverending yelling match.

2. God's Not Dead (Christian propaganda trash...)

God's Not Dead 2 (... gets even trashier with the sequel. Even though this one has a few talented actors, that only makes it even worse since you're shaking your head at them starring in this manipulative movie. Ernie Hudson? Ray Wise??? Seriously, did they REALLY need the money that much?!
David A.R. White is just as terrible as in the first movie, but Melissa Joan Hart comes a very close second with her crocodile tears and very unconvincing attempts at passion, as if she can't believe the stupid words she's spitting out. A really, really bad performance by such a high-profile actor.)

Welcome to the human race...
I've wondered if there needs to be some sort of worst movies canon that should be essential/mandatory viewing so people can get a sense of perspective but then again this thread's already flooded with boring answers like Batman and Robin (which I definitely didn't consider for my picks), besides which you never know what people are going to consider the worst for whatever reason.

The truth is in here
Yeah, it's always gonna be like that, how something you find brilliant another guy is gonna find putrid. But I can still not wrap my head around that Eraserhead pick. It's visually stunning, has a great really strange and disturbing atmosphere and an excellent score to go with it. It does have a point to it as well, showing how afraid Eraserhead is to commit and how a cute baby for someone who doesn't want one turns into a hideous monster. Only it shows it in the most twisted way possible.
How can someone hate this movie?

Eh, as much as I love Eraserhead myself, I'm not exactly going to be surprised if someone flat-out hates it. It's a very weird, dark, and disturbing film - even if it's all in service of a great artistic goal, I can at least see why people would simply reject it as an unpleasant, meandering arthouse piece. Then again, this is "Colossal is misandrist" Theophile we're talking about here so whenever he claims to hate something it comes across as borderline-complimentary.

3. Margot At The Wedding (This movie is just unpleasant all throughout. It was marketed as a black comedy, but every minute I kept waiting for the comedy part to arrive and it never did. Not only that, but there is no supposed dramatic tension either since you don't give a **** about any of these awful characters. NONE of them seem to have any sort of noticeable redeeming values, interesting personality traits, just ANYTHING to latch on to. Even Jack Black's character was unbearable to watch. But no one got on my nerves more than Margot. In every frame we see her act like a piece of human garbage towards everyone, and she gets away with it just because "she's family". Whether it's her sister or her own son it's only ME, ME, ME, give ME all the attention even though I'm acting like a colossal ****head. With all that you'd at least expect her to change in some way, maybe learn something at the end or that we're given a reason for why she's so insufferable.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. By the end of the movie I felt like all I'd been through was a neverending yelling match
Been awhile but yeah I remember not enjoying this much, as you say it seemed like it was aiming for black comedy but ended up just being an exercise in general dislikeableness. Margot especially does seem like a bit of blindness with her as more of a representation of the writer/director pushing her judgemental nature to such an extreme. Maybe hinting at some kind of mental illness I spose but it seemed more like we were supposed to empathise with her at face value yet I ended up wishing she'd suffered her sisters indignity of soiling herself. To make it worse I'd say Kidman often does very well making you empathise for not obviously relatable characters, its typically the more conventional roles she has problems with IMHO.

Really "worst movies" in any kind of objective sense seems like a topic without much traction to it so worst films that had either a serious budget or serious talent/potential/hype to them perhaps seems more interesting.

Upstream Colour - After all the hype I honestly felt this was vacuous rubbish hiding behind being as obtuse as possible, a film made for the kind of people who go in for overly arcane readings of Lynch or Kubrick and enjoy telling others they didn't "get it"..Just on a visual level though I felt it was pretty dull as well resorting to a bunch of clichés and overuse of ultra shallow depth of focus.

Baz Lurman's Austrlia - Not a fan of Lurman generally but this was a nadir for me best summed up by Joe Cornish...

The Departed - Maybe moreso for the extreme hype than an ultimate lack of quality as it does have some fun supporting performances but generally I think its a great big mess that doesn't know whether it wants to be a thriller of a crime epic ala Goodfellas. A shame the adacemy didn't wait to reward Martys career as I think The Aviator was far superior and something of a return to form.

The Departed is one of those actually-good "worst" movie picks I can get behind - it's definitely one of my least favourite Scorsese films (I even wrote a one-star review of it a while back but I'll admit I've long since bumped that rating up to a 2.5). That thriller-or-epic confusion is a good point seeing as it's a Hollywood remake that bloats out its source material (which aimed to be a somewhat simple crime thriller) by about 45 minutes or so with very little of worth to show for it.