Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

I thought it would be nice to share stories of helping animals that you came across in need of help, maybe while out walking or a neighbours pet.

I've helped a few animals while i've been out and about, one being a hedgehog that had its head wedged inside an ice cream box, it was walking on a grass verge and about to step into the road, i jumped off my bike and with one tug pulled off the ice- cream box, it came away and the hedgehog had ice-cream over his face. Also being a Medical Professional i am often asked by elderly neighbours to have a look at their cat or dog, i will share these stories a bit futher on.

I used to stop often at a bridge near where I lived to help turtles get across before being run over. I stop my car, get out and lift them up and put them on the grass on the opposite side of the road.

After hurricane Sandy I found a crippled cat in my backyard. It couldn't use it's back legs. If people recall, later in the week after the storm it got extremely cold. I tried to approach the cat to put a blanket on it, but it was terrified and crawled away with its front paws. I called animal control on my dying cell phone (no way to charge it since the power was out) and a guy came and got the cat.

I've very bravely rescued a few birds and mice from the jaws of some ferocious looking animals (namely our cats PF & Ossie) with absolutely no thought of any possible danger to myself

I rescued a mouse from a cat on a Halloween night, the cat was knocking it about, then the mouse lay on its back playing dead, i just stamped my foot on the ground and the cat ran off, then the mouse sprang up and ran for its life☺

I rescued a drowning spider in my bathroom
Took it out of the water and put it to safe (so it can continue to weave troublesome net all over my room).

There was a spider in my bedroom recently, it was sat on top of freshly ironed clothes, i'd never harm them but i am scared of them and i wouldn't retrieve my ironed clothes until i knew it had moved on, about 6 hours later! 😆

Was it sick? Sick spiders...
This spider could of worn knee-high boots! It was huge!
Do you even get big spiders in England?
Some are quite big, complete with hairy legs! Saw one once with an unusual stripe on its back. 😳

Some are quite big, complete with hairy legs! Saw one once with an unusual stripe on its back. 😳
Oh yuck spiders. Not scared of them but don't want them in my house. Is there a country in the world that doesn't have spiders? They may not be poisonous but they are annoying. Apparently, they are no snakes in Ireland.

BTW, does anyone know what this is? Found on a Texan beach after the hurricane:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ch-Harvey.html

Weird!

I've had far too many close personal encounters with big hairy spiders. I woke up with one beside my face once. You never saw anyone get out of bed so fast in your life.

I woke up with one beside my face once. You never saw anyone get out of bed so fast in your life.
Meanie - it probably just wanted a hug

Meanie - it probably just wanted a hug
Spider free hug campaign! Who volunteer?

Spider free hug campaign! Who volunteer?
Gentle squeezers only need apply .... which sadly rules me out

I HAVE INTIMACY ISSUES!
Not believin' ya .... you're spiderist through and through I say

Not believin' ya .... you're spiderist through and through I say
Truth be told, I'm actually proper arachnophobic. It's like they knew, because nobody else I know has had as many big hairy spider encounters as I. I was once staring up at the knotty pine ceiling of my living room, thinking how easy it would be for a spider to camouflage itself, when the knot I was looking at (directly above my head) moved. Yup. Big hairy spider. AGSDHJAGHSDJA!!!

The movie Arachnophobia actually works on me. My flesh crawls at that shower scene. Seriously!

Oh yuck spiders. Not scared of them but don't want them in my house. Is there a country in the world that doesn't have spiders? They may not be poisonous but they are annoying. Apparently, they are no snakes in Ireland.

BTW, does anyone know what this is? Found on a Texan beach after the hurricane:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ch-Harvey.html

Weird!
Wow not seen anything like it before! 😳