Bad Movies with great casts?

Tools    

Movie 43 had quite the cast...but boy howdy, what was up with that one.

And I may take some hits for it, but both mother! and The Counselor come to mind for me.

Halloween II (2009)
Sacrilege haha I hope you’ve seen the theatrical cut. I can’t stand the directors cut to this movie and that is practically the only cut available now. The ending is very different and, you hardly see Myers face and he doesn’t talk.

Hated the protagonist, but Scarlett Johansson with those weird bald guys and Eva Mendez haha. But yeah if you never liked this movie then it deserves to be in this list with the cast involved

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Would those Expendables movies fit this category? They seem all about the cast, but I've never seen one. Are they any good?
1st one was awesome, 2nd was ok, 3rd was terrible.

Stay (2005)

-Ryan Gosling, Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts, and Bob Hoskins to name a few. Too artsy trying to be smarter than the narrative offers. And Marc Foster was at the helm.

Event Horizon (1997)

-Sam Wood, Laurence Fishburne, Kathleen Quinlan, Joeely Richardson, and Jason Isaacs. Always bugs me to brilliant this could have been, the premise is great but horribly executed especially the final act and this cost $60m to make, in 1997, wow.

1st one was awesome, 2nd was ok, 3rd was terrible.
Thanks! I'll watch them in that order if I ever get the chance.
(Which is the only order I'd watch them in anyway... I try never to watch a sequel without seeing its predecessor first.)

Not necessarily a bad movie, just not particularly good, but Looking For Bobby Fischer has a weirdly deep cast, Ben Kingsley, William Macy, Joan Allen, Joe Mantegna, David Paymer, Laura Linney, Laurence Fishburne, Dan Hedya, Tony Shalhoub, Robert Stephens.

Most of Tim Burton's movies since Ed Wood. I mean, look at Dark Shadows: Michelle Pfeiffer, Jackie Earle Haley, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green...

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Last Tycoon (1976)

Robert De Niro
Tony Curtis
Robert Mitchum
Jeanne Moreau
Jack Nicholson
Donald Pleasence
Ray Milland
Dana Andrews
Peter Strauss
Theresa Russell
Seymour Cassel
Anjelica Huston

"1941"

Christopher Lee, Ned Beatty, Dan Ackroyd, John Belushi, Lorraine Gary, Tim Matheson, Toshiro Mifune, Warren Oates, Robert Stack Treat Williams, John Candy, Nancy Allen, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor and Larry the Wonder Lizard.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
How about great movies with a bad cast?
For example......Rear Window.
Make a thread.

I'm thinking science fiction, horror, fantasy, action/adventure.

Event Horizon (1997)

-Sam Wood, Laurence Fishburne, Kathleen Quinlan, Joeely Richardson, and Jason Isaacs. Always bugs me to brilliant this could have been, the premise is great but horribly executed especially the final act and this cost $60m to make, in 1997, wow.

Not really a bad movie. Kind of Hell Raiser in space, but for what it was when it was released, it worked.

I suppose it could have been better, but I am not sure how without bumping it out of its genre (kind of a slasher) into something more cerebral.

Prometheus

Boy, I remember there being some discussion about that.

First movie that comes to my mind is Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Vince Vaughn are all great actors, but this movie just didn't turn out the way it should. Vaughn was hardly in the movie and although there is great chemistry between the leading roles, the story itself is just too lame. Even the greatest actors couldn't have made this one into a success.
I have to admit I LOVED Mr. and Mrs. Smith...one of my guilty pleasures

Just thought of another one:

Eastwood, Jones, Garner, Sutherland, Marcia Gay Harden, William Devane, Courtney B Vance, James Cromwell, Blair Brown...despite all that star power, the movie bored me to death.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Just thought of another one:

Eastwood, Jones, Garner, Sutherland, Marcia Gay Harden, William Devane, Courtney B Vance, James Cromwell, Blair Brown...despite all that star power, the movie bored me to death.
I actually like Space Cowboys. Nothing boring about it.