Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Tuchel it is for Chelsea. Good coach with poor man-mangement skills, and has a penchant for clashing with the owners. I wonder how much this decision was driven by wanting to get the best out of Werner and Harvertz.

I don't think anything will improve, Tuchel isn't the answer

My Darth Star is in for a service
West Ham have just gone into 4th place!
Moyes is doing a good job there.
I wonder what the odds were on both the Hammers and the Foxes finishing above Liverpool was at the beginning of the season?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ndombele was my choice for name and number on my shirt last season, exactly the same rise happened to Modric the season after I got his kit in 08 (so Ndombele is definitely going to Real in the future lol)
If you'd opted for a retro Bale nod that would have been something else

Last night bwas embarrassing for us. And Pool won tonight.

I'm always making lemonade, so I'll just say that seeing Ndombele juggle the ball back towards himself tight on the wing in the 70th minute, and slip his markers with a burst (yet agaiinnn), was just so grand to see. He had a stormer. Hojbjerg just an absolute moralising 'never give up' machine in the middle.

Rodon was grand for everything except the goal...

I'm increasingly not that sold on Doherty. He's tidy enough at the back, but he doesn't bring that much going forward. (And looks generally a bit exhausted). And I can't help but see Bergwijn as a weak link up front. His tracking back adds a real solidity to the team (in a way GB doesn't for example), and he makes gaps for others with his movement, but so many fluid moves break down when the ball reaches him, and it has become all too noticeable.

Great match with neutral eyes over all. Zapped all over the place. (And no bad thing to see the Liverpool front 3 looking deadly again).

Kinda knew when Lamela was part of the upfront reinforcement that we weren't going to have enough magic to tip the balance. (But can't really complain about injuries when Liverpool are missing their entire central defence )

Oh, and VAR needs an 'if you can't decide if it's off side after 5 seconds it's not offside' rule

Spurs will struggle up front now Kane is out for a while.
Son needs someone to step up and help out with the goal scoring, if only Bale would show some appetite for putting a shift in.

Liverpool may well need to dip into the transfer market what with Matip getting injured again, that guy is becoming Pool's Darren Anderton.

At least this latest crop of results has maintained the uncertainty as to who will win the league and make the top four for a place in the UCL.

@Golgot
Yep, it was actually a good match to watch. Especially the first half.
Agree on Lamela. Did he even touch the ball once he came on? I don't remember.
Rodon actually had a good match, apart from that one mistake.
Hojbjerg kinda reminded me of what Essien did for Mourinho's Chelsea. A bit of muscle and industry in the middle, good at interceptions and a neat goal.

The key for us was shifting Thiago forward. In the past few matches he has played as the 6, and was busy with defending. Yesterday with Gini and Milly defending, Thiago played like an eight, and that meant better distribution of the ball(creatively).

@Darth Wish
Edwards' always has a fixed list of players and he rarely diverged from that.
We desperately need a CB. Though it might be a loan from somewhere.

The key for us was shifting Thiago forward. In the past few matches he has played as the 6, and was busy with defending. Yesterday with Gini and Milly defending, Thiago played like an eight, and that meant better distribution of the ball(creatively).
Yeah he's got that endless calm about him, so rarely puts a boot wrong. Was very worrying to see him angling his way forward and finding the passes. (I thought he has going to get drawn into one dumb tackle too many in that crazy first 20 mins, chasing shadows a bit looking for a turnover, but after that he just went all imperious )

Disappointed that we are now officially a worse team than Sheffield United
0-0 ffs

Not sure that Spurs game gave us even a lemon to juice...

Alderweireld’s bloodied save was good.

Erm, Sissoko can do a job in any position, except striker

Ndombele can beat three guys even on a bad day. And takes his knocks.

No bad **** happens in the vicinity of Ben Davis... Ok yep, I’m out

Ben Davies for 2 mil.
More importantly Kabak on loan with an option to buy for 18 mil (but no obligation).
Michael Edwards continues to impress in the transfer market.
But I think the club's hand was forced with Matip's injury.

This has been such a weird year. United are equalling and breaking records with a team I don't think even the most ardent United fan would consider a great team. Average with potential is how I think of them, but it's difficult to argue with results.

There's been so much to talk about the last week or so, but my neck is restricting how much I can type.

Yep, a truly weird year. No team is settling and being consistent. Well, City can claim to be that, but I won't be surprised if they drop points tonight or in the near future.

Apart from maybe At. Madrid in La Liga and Gerrard's Rangers, I don't see consistent performances from other leagues. Unless I have missed someone.

Some of the decisions made in last nights games were ridiculous.

David Luiz's sending off was a complete farce.
Che Adams disallowed goal just beggars belief.
Jan Bednarek's sending off was referee Mike Dean being a complete ass, he loves being the centre of attention.

The offside rule needs changing, you can't score with your arm so why should a player be offside from one!

I miss the seventies, eighties and nineties when football was a contact sport and players only went down when hacked down by the likes of Jack Charlton, Graeme Souness, Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane.
They only have to feel an opposing players breath on their necks to fall over like they have been taken out by a sniper these days!

I had already given up on the title this season after the defeat against Burnley. But last night confirmed it. I just hope we don't get battered on the weekend.

We really look mentally and physically drained.

I had already given up on the title this season after the defeat against Burnley. But last night confirmed it. I just hope we don't get battered on the weekend.

We really look mentally and physically drained.
Liverpool and Southampton have the same problem, a big injury list.
If Man City continue playing as they have been I can't see the title going anywhere else.

I thought Jordan Henderson's statement on the racism situation was spot on.
Some of these pathetic trolls need a good slapping.

Henderson has been amazing on and off the pitch. A proper captain. You can't deny that players today are coached by club's PR agents, but still he puts in loads of effort and has been a good example as a player and ambassador for the club.

Go write a ****ing book on how not to defend a title.
****ing mind boggling stuff.

Choose to go into a crazy jam packed season like this with only 3 senior CBs. Not sign any defender despite losing 2 of those to season long injuries, despite the third being injury prone. Only rush to sign CBs on the last couple of days of the Jan transfer window, when your last remaining CB gets a season ending injury.

Force your best DM to play in the defence, disrupting the balance of the side. Force your tempo setting midfielder to partner him in the defence, further ruining the side.

Parcel your hardworking forward to another club over a log (Origi).
Just ****ing shambolic.
We have taken 9 points of the possible 27. I won't be surprised if we miss out on the top four.

The signs were there to see after the restart. They were there to see at the start of this season.

This is where the likes of Fergie and Paisley were special. They constantly freshened up things even when they were at the top.

Let's hope tonights FA Cup match is more entertaining than last nights load of stagnant dishwater.
West Ham had a ten man defensive wall and Man Utd were just lost for ideas on how to deal with it.
I've never seen so many passes go astray, this game must hold the record for throw ins.
The second half was slightly better but I still feel like I wasted two hours of prime viewing time on this tedious pile of garbage.
Best action of the night was seeing Ian Wright get ignored when he waved to the West ham players.

Let's hope tonights FA Cup match is more entertaining than last nights load of stagnant dishwater.
West Ham had a ten man defensive wall and Man Utd were just lost for ideas on how to deal with it.
I've never seen so many passes go astray, this game must hold the record for throw ins.
The second half was slightly better but I still feel like I wasted two hours of prime viewing time on this tedious pile of garbage.
Best action of the night was seeing Ian Wright get ignored when he waved to the West ham players.

Hilarious, yes.

Pretty hard to dislike Wright.