World War II HoF

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I tried to avoid nominating the more obvious titles for this one. Hope people enjoy it.

Suspect's Reviews

I know a lot of WW2 films but of course.. I wont join.... I know many good foreign films.. too

Let the night air cool you off
I won't be joining up, but if I was, here are some movies I would have considered nominating:

Foreign Correspondent (1940; Alfred Hitchcock)
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943; Pressburger and Powell)
Notorious (1946; Alfred Hitchcock)
Stairway to Heaven (1946; Pressburger and Powell)
Stalag 17 (1953; Billy Wilder)
Kanal (1957; Andrzej Wadja)
Ashes and Diamonds (1958; Andrzej Wadja)
The Human Condition I: No Greater Love (1959; Masaki Kobayashi)
The Human Condition II: Road to Eternity (1959; Masaki Kobayashi)
The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer (1961; Masaki Kobayashi)
Patton (1970; Franklin J. Schaffner)
Overlord (1975; Stuart Cooper)
Das Boot (1981; Wolfgang Petersen)
Come and See (1985; Elem Klimov)
Grave of the Fireflies (1988; Isao Takahata)
Europa Europa (1990; Agnieszka Holland)
Schindler's List (1993; Spielberg)
Underground (1995; Emir Kusturica)
Downfall (2004; Oliver Hirschbiegel)
Inglourious Basterds (2009; QT)

I don't know if this will help anybody trying to think of WWII movies, but it's an interesting theme and I wanted see what I would go with. I would have probably nominated Underground.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Saving Private Ryan, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and The Great Escape are my favorites. Not sure how these games work, or if I'm too late to join in, but I just like the topic.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I just sent my nomination in. I know I said it would take me a couple of days, but I made decision my tonight.

I was going to go with a more "popular" title at first. Then I decided to go with a completely different one.

And that decision came mainly because I haven't seen it in years. I always liked it and I hope others will, too.

Saving Private Ryan, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and The Great Escape are my favorites. Not sure how these games work, or if I'm too late to join in, but I just like the topic.
You joined one before . The Animated Musicals HOF, not sure if you ended up sending in a list though you'll have to ask Vicky.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You joined one before . The Animated Musicals HOF, not sure if you ended up sending in a list though you'll have to ask Vicky.
wow, I totally forgot about that...

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
You still have till the 15th to send me your nomination, so you're not too late!

It's pretty easy, how's it said in the OP, you send me a nomination by PM, then they are all revealed in the 15th (please don't tell it to anyone else till then) then, after watching all the nominations, you just send me a list with a ranked order!

Neiba,

Im in.. after two messages from people who admire my taste ... I decided to join...

trailer and poster already sent.

I won't be joining up, but if I was, here are some movies I would have considered nominating:

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Am I the only one who can't see a thing?

Am I the only one who can't see a thing?
Me too. I thought the rest of the page wasn't loading on my iPhone...

That's weird you guys can't see them. I definitely listed quite a few films.