The 3rd Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Out of all the documentaries I have seen on the Holocaust, which has been a lot.. I think "Night and Fog" turned my stomach more than any of them.
If it turned your stomach, I think I'll commit suicide after watching it or something like that!

If it turned your stomach, I think I'll commit suicide after watching it or something like that!
I guarantee you will love it! For being only 30 minutes long, it does have quite an impact.

That's it! .. its only about 30 minutes long but like I said.. it has a great impact on the viewer.

Is this a good link for "Kanojo no omoide" a.k.a. "Magnetic Rose" (Kôji Morimoto, 1995)?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzk...ray_shortfilms

Also, is this the same thing, but dubbed in English?

It seems so! You're an angel, gbg! Thanks!!!

Guard Dog was pretty funny and creative, and a bit touching and meaningful at the end. Does it have an IMDB page?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GBG, I just hope you enjoy "Night and Fog"...

I haven't watched it yet, but from the little bit I saw while looking for a link, it doesn't look like my type of thing, but I'll give it a chance. It looks like something that I can appreciate, but it's not likely to be something that I'll want to rewatch. (Kind of like Schindler's List.)

I haven't watched it yet, but from the little bit I saw while looking for a link, it doesn't look like my type of thing, but I'll give it a chance. It looks like something that I can appreciate, but it's not likely to be something that I'll want to rewatch. (Kind of like Schindler's List.)
Well Schindler's List is fictional.. Night and Fog is a documentary... real pictures .... I dont want to scare you but yeah its pretty intense.... just remember its history and you are watching something that is part of history.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well Schindler's List is fictional.. Night and Fog is a documentary... real pictures .... I dont want to scare you but yeah its pretty intense.... just remember its history and you are watching something that is part of history.

Sadly, being Jewish, I don't have to watch documentaries about the Holocaust. I've heard actual true stories from relatives who lived through it.

Sadly, being Jewish, I don't have to watch documentaries about the Holocaust. I've heard actual true stories from relatives who lived through it.
Nothing makes me more sick than the Holocaust. It's one of the reasons I feel so fascinated about it! I have some german friends who complain that everyone still talks about it. I think it should be spoken of always! Most people should be ordered to see movies like Judgement at Nurember, Schindler's List... Forget it happened is the first step to let it happen again!

Guard Dog was pretty funny and creative, and a bit touching and meaningful at the end. Does it have an IMDB page?

Yes, it has:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430159/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_25

Be sure to check out more of Plympton's work in the future. His feature film, Idiots and Angels, is brilliant.

Glad you liked it, Donnie!

Genocide still happens today, especially in Africa.
Yes! People seem to not care if it's away from their own doors...
And even if it's not...

Yes, it has:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430159/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_25

Be sure to check out more of Plympton's work in the future. His feature film, Idiots and Angels, is brilliant.

Glad you liked it, Donnie!
Didn't realize it was the same director, heard a lot of great things about Idiots and Angels

The Eternal Jew is a hard watch. It's an actual propaganda film. However it can never be shown in Germany even in a class about WW2.

The Eternal Jew is a hard watch. It's an actual propaganda film. However it can never be shown in Germany even in a class about WW2.
See that's a shame, because young students can and should learn how propaganda is used to control and sway the masses. Propaganda is a powerful and dangerous tool. If we forget the lessons on how the Nazi's were able to control and sway the majority of the German population then such things can repeat themselves. Ignoring the dangers of state sponsored propaganda is like ignoring the Holocaust.