Rate the Last Short You Saw

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Basically it's the same idea as Rate the Last Movie You Saw but with Shorts!

Don't know if this will work, but I feel Shorts should have more presence here on Mofo, so it's worth a try!

Note: A film has to be less than 40 minutes to be considered a short.

The Masquerader (Charlie Chaplin, 1914)

The sountrack is great, and I really liked the first half. The second one though is not that good.
It's also funny to see Chaplin without his moustache!

Welcome to the human race...
Pixels (Patrick Jean, 2010)

Today I learned that the upcoming Adam Sandler vehicle is actually an expanded adaptation of this 2010 animated short. It's only about two-and-a-half minutes but it's good enough for what it is. Will post a more detailed review when the time comes.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I posted all my short film viewing ratings in Movie Tab II before. Might reconsider.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Damn, this title is going to confuse me in the future every time I want to visit the Rate The Last Movie You Saw thread!
My avatar is quite different from TUS who created the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread!

I posted all my short film viewing ratings in Movie Tab II before. Might reconsider.
Please do! It'd be nice to keep this active!

Btw, there's a Short HoF starting in a week! Everyone's welcome! The thread is already created!

My avatar is quite different from TUS who created the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread!
True, but when in the 'now playing' area of active threads it doesn't show avatars. But I don't think it will be a true problem. It's a cool thread neiba, awesome that you want to shine a little light on shorts!

Also, just for the sake of reference, what is the maximum length before a short stops being considered a short?
As far as I know, it has to be 40 minutes or less to be considered a short film.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I was thinking 40 minutes was the maximum length. That might have to go in the OP so as to save other people asking.

Yeah, I was thinking 40 minutes was the maximum length. That might have to go in the OP so as to save other people asking.
Well remembered Iroquois.I edited the OP!

Mothlight (Stan Brakhage, 1963)

I always find hard to tell something about Stan Brackhage experimental shorts. This one is one of the most visually interesting ones I've see so far. It's still pretty weird though!

+

Sorry for my bad English :p
SIGNS ( 2008) Dir.Patrick Hughes

Lovely, Very Romantic, I really love it.
i think it inspired the oscar winning short "paperman" but i think this one is way better!

I accidently posted my review of Drill Bill in here. Dammit.

I knew I would f*ck up an mix this thread with the movie thread. I told you it would happen neiba!! I told you!!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I Googled this sh*t. I knew I will regret it, but I Googled it.

F*ck. I have no other choice!