Hannibal

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
WARNING: spoilers below
Chopped off his own hand.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
WARNING: spoilers below
Chopped off his own hand.
Ohhh I never realised that. I didnt think he would ever hurt her. The dress purchase was the worst thing he ever did.

I would have liked to have seen Cynthia Nixon grow in prominence as the show’s version Krendler (Liotta). The last shot of Bedelia implied that she would twist the brain situation, no?

I would have liked to have seen Cynthia Nixon grow in prominence as the show’s version Krendler (Liotta). The last shot of Bedelia implied that she would twist the brain situation, no?
I think we all did. She was great.

Not sure what you mean by twist the brain situation?

All intelligence and a touch of corruption. Luckily for me Cynthia did not portray her as a sleaze bag but as full of sass which I love in smart wiminz.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Such swiggity swag.

I've loved her since the day I saw her in amadeus.

Benedict Wong was the perfect choice for that show.
The first time I saw him was in an episode of the British comedy The IT Crowd that parodied both the quiz Countdown and The Matrix at the same time. He was hilarious.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Several years late but I decided to try an episode of this on Netflix and the next thing I knew it was 1am and I was four episodes in and completely hooked...

I thought you were going to say you fell asleep lol. A lot of fans said it took about six eps to get in to but I was hooked from the pilot. Enjoy. I think season two was my favorite

Yesterday I hear a Deadwood movie might finally get made and then Netflix revived that Lucifer show.

I saw this thread getting bumped and got all excited.

Well, hope you enjoy the rest, Thursday.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm having great difficulty getting past the first episode. I'm a huge Manhunter fan and I'm having a hard time getting past this whiny weak version of Will Graham.

Does it get better? Mads Mikkelsen is a terrific actor, and if anyone can live up to Lecter, he can.

I know nothing about this series, just noticed it on Netflix.

In short, yes. This is one of my favorite series of the past decade or so. It might take a couple episodes before the character intrigue grabs you though.

Will's got a lot going on, I'd give him a bit more time. The acting there is really tremendous, and some of the visuals are mind-blowing. Definitely watch at least a good chunk of the first season. I think it gets better as it goes, too.

Really nothing like it on TV, before or since.

I'm having great difficulty getting past the first episode. I'm a huge Manhunter fan and I'm having a hard time getting past this whiny weak version of Will Graham.

Does it get better? Mads Mikkelsen is a terrific actor, and if anyone can live up to Lecter, he can.

The storytelling of this series is exceptionally artistic and slick. Much moreso than how Thomas Harris told the stories in his books. The acting in the series also delves deeper into each characters thoughts, behaviors, and motives more than the novels. My best advice is go into the show without any preconceived notions and you will find alot to enjoy. Many surprises too. The first 2 seasons of Hannibal were magnificent, but I never finished the 3rd season because it noticeably was more sizzle than steak. The directing and storyline no longer were organic but clumsy and contrived. Being colorful wasn't enough. Basically it falls apart, but the first 2 seasons are absolutely worth watching and could be considered standalones.

I'll give it some time, so far though I'm yearning for the movie (Manhunter) version of Will Graham, in fact I don't even recognize this version.

I'm not sure I want to watch actual played out versions of Will playing psychopath, I think the unseen idea like walking round the houses in Manhunter and looking at himself in the mirror is better.

The storytelling of this series is exceptionally artistic and slick. Much moreso than how Thomas Harris told the stories in his books. The acting in the series also delves deeper into each characters thoughts, behaviors, and motives more than the novels. My best advice is go into the show without any preconceived notions and you will find alot to enjoy. Many surprises too. The first 2 seasons of Hannibal were magnificent, but I never finished the 3rd season because it noticeably was more sizzle than steak. The directing and storyline no longer were organic but clumsy and contrived. Being colorful wasn't enough. Basically it falls apart, but the first 2 seasons are absolutely worth watching and could be considered standalones.
That's basically impossible imo, especially for something I really enjoyed like Manhunter but I can try I guess.

The series is amazing. The episodes are great. You have to look at each Hannibal Lector differently. The other characters support Mads and Hugh. I would say give it about 3 or 4 episodes before giving up. They are truly gruesome.