Moviefan1988's Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

#72. Free Guy (2021)
Director: Shawn Levy
Writers: Matt Lieberman(screenplay by) and Zak Penn(screenplay by)
Stars: Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Taika Waititi, Lil Rel Howery, Joe Keery, Channing Tatum
Genre: Action, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 55 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Boston, Worcester, Weymouth, Revere Beach and Framingham, MA
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release Date: August 13 2021
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? No

This movie was a fun movie to watch, it felt like I was watching a parody of Grand Theft Auto Online which was cool.

“Don't have a good day, have a great day.” – Guy played by Ryan Reynolds

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

#73. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Director: Wes Craven
Writer: Wes Craven
Stars: Heather Langenkamp, Johnny Depp, Robert Englund, John Saxon, Ronee Blakley, Amanda Wyss, Jsu Garcia
Genre: Horror
Runtime: 1 Hour and 31 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: New Line Cinema
Release Date: November 16 1984
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? Yes

The imagination to this movie was cool and no matter how weird this movie was, it was fun to see who survives this bloody ordeal and watching Freddy make a joke out of himself and get his ass handed by the lead chick in this movie.

I don't mind Freddy personally but I wouldn't say he's one of my favorite slashers.

"Whatever you do, don't fall asleep." - Nancy Thompson played as Heather Langenkamp

I consider A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare as an honorable mention. Part 3, 4 and Freddy's Dead were okay and part 5 sucked. imo.

#74. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Writers: Gary K. Wolf (novel) and Jeffrey Price (screenplay)
Stars: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 44 Minutes
Rated PG
Film Locations: London, Hertfordshire, Essex, UK. Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Touchstone Pictures
Release Date: June 22 1988

This was a nice classic children's movie with some good laughs in it. The story was amazing with a cartoon meeting with reality and the friendship between Eddie (the detective) and Roger rabbit was great.

Even though the detective was a toon hating person, he still wanted to do the right thing for his job and save Roger for being framed for murder when knowing he was innocent all along as we get more into the movie.

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit played by Kathleen Turner

Roger Rabbit was brilliant. Perfect besh of two genres that don't go well together: gritty noir and children's cartoon comedy.

#75. I Spit on Your Grave Remake (2010)
Director: Steven R. Monroe
Writers: Adam Rockoff(screenplay) and Meir Zarchi(based on the film by)
Stars: Sarah Butler, Jeff Branson, Andrew Howard, Daniel Franzese, Rodney Eastman, Chad Lindberg
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 48 Minutes
Rated R
Film Location: Shreveport, LA
Distributed by: Anchor Bay Films
Release Date: October 8 2010 (Limited)

First off I want to say it takes some guts to make a film like this and remaking it to a better and improved film as it tones down some of the nasty stuff like you have seen in the original.

This movie is a guilty pleasure for me and the revenge scenes were brutal, her attackers got what they deserved for sure.

The movie may not be for everyone which is understandable. The film has some flaws like some other movies do but I say just use your imagination for the scenes that leave you in for questioning.

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned." Jennifer Hills played by Sarah Butler

#76. The Other Guys (2010)
Director: Adam McKay
Writers: Adam McKay and Chris Henchy
Stars: Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson, Eva Medes, Michael Keaton, Dwayne Johnson, Derek Jeter, Ray Stevenson
Genre: Action, Comedy and Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 47 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Hartsdale, Albany and New York City, NY
Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
Release Date: August 6 2010

Mark Wahlberg and Will Farrell does a great job playing as silly ass clown cops that try to do the right thing but ending up messing things up.

This is why I love buddy cop movies because we got two characters as cops that are doing insane things you wouldn't see in real life.

"I'm like a peacock, you gotta let me fly!" Terry Hoitz played by Mark Wahlberg

LOL funny scene

#77. Halloween (1978)
Director: John Carpenter
Writers: John Carpenter (screenplay by) and Debra Hill (screenplay by)
Stars: Donald Pleasence, Jamie Lee Curtis, PJ Soles, Nancy Kyes, Nick Castle, Charles Cyphers, Kyle Richards, Brian Andrews, John Michael Graham, Nancy Stephens
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 31 Minutes
Rated R
Film Location: Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Compass International Pictures
Release Date: October 27 1978

This was one of the first horror movies that I have seen when I was young. It's got a nice chilling soundtrack and also has this masked psycho killer (Michael Myers) stalking and killing people for no apparent reason which I find a creepy thing to see.

I think John Carpenter did a great job with the film overall and the movie's theme song also.

"It's Halloween; everyone's entitled to one good scare." - Sheriff Brackett played by Charles Cyphers

#78. Halloween (2018)
Director: David Gordon Green
Writers: John Carpenter(based on characters created by)Debra Hill, (based on characters created by) and Jeff Fradley
Stars: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, James Jude Courtney
Genre: Crime, Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 hour and 47 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Hanahan and Charleston, SC
Distributed by: Blumhouse Productions
Release Date: October 19 2018

This movie was a great follow up to the original and was enjoyable to watch. I think it was the best move by the creators of the movie to ignore the rest of the sequels and just start off fresh.

Also I like how Michael is just this cold blooded killer and not needing a brain examination on why he's this way, want to know why he really does it, because he can.

"He's waited for this night... he's waited for me... I've waited for him...' - Laurie Strode played by Jamie Lee Curtis

Halloween 2,4,6, H20, Kills and Ends as honorable mentions. Halloween 5, Resurrection and Rob Zombie's Halloween was decent. The 2nd movie and Halloween 3 sucked imo.

#79. Rush Hour (1998)
Director: Brett Ratner
Writers: Ross LaManna (story) and Jim Kouf (screenplay)
Stars: Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker, Ken Leung, Elizabeth Pena, Tzi Ma, Julia Hsu
Genre: Action, Comedy and Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 38 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: New Line Cinema
Release Date: September 18 1998

A good and funny buddy cop movie from the 90's and enjoyable film to watch.

The chemistry between Lee and Carter was fantastic to watch as Lee (Jackie Chan) is this loyal and dedicated cop and Carter (Chris Tucker) is this wise ass and reckless LAPD detective and they team up to rescue the Chinese Consul's daughter as she was kidnapped by the bad guys.

"Please tell me you speak English. I'm Detective Carter. Do you speaka any English? DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND-THE-WORDS-THAT-ARE-COMING-OUT-OF-MY-MOUTH?" - Carter played by Chris Tucker

Rush Hour 2 and 3 were decent movies, not favorite of mines though

#80. Pretty in Pink (1986)
Director: Howard Deutch
Writer: John Hughes
Stars: Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer, Harry Dean Stanton, Annie Potts, James Spader, Andrew McCarthy
Genre: Comedy, Drama and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 37 Minutes
Rated PG 13
Film Location: Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
Release Date: February 28 1986

The story to this movie was interesting and something new to me while watching these high school movies from the 80s and it shows you it doesn't matter if the person you love is poor or rich, what should really matter the most is you love that person very much and not giving a sh*t on what anyone else says.

"You know, it's so insane that someone you've never met, never talked to can be your enemy." - Andie played by Molly Ringwald

#81. Sixteen Candles (1984)
Director: John Hughes
Stars: Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Justin Henry, Michael Schoeffling
Genre: Comedy and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 33 Minutes
Rated PG
Film Locations: Skokie, Evanston, Glencoe and Highland Park, IL
Distributed by: Universal Pictures
Release Date: May 4 1984

You got to love those 80's high school movies out there like this one and Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall did a good job at their roles in this movie.

For a movie that is PG and more on the romance side, it was an interesting one and showing that it can have some fun while not afraid to offend it's audience and yes her parents forgot her f*cking birthday, what else is new.

"I can't believe this, they f*cking forgot my birthday." - Samantha played by Molly Ringwald

#82. Jurassic Park (1993)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Michael Crichton (novel) and Michael Crichton (screenplay)
Stars: Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, BD Wong, Bob Peck, Martin Ferrero
Genre: Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 2 Hours and 7 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Tehachapi, Cantil and Los Angeles, CA. Kauai and O’ahu, HI
Release Date: June 11 1993

A movie that shows us an exciting Sci-fi adventure into the dinosaur world, seeing all kinds of dinosaurs which was cool to see. The CGI special effects from the dinosaurs were great and good characters in the movie as well.

"Welcome to Jurassic Park." – John Hammond played by Richard Attenborough

One of the best theme songs in cinema, imo.

#83. Jurassic World (2015)
Director: Colin Trevorrow
Writers: Rick Jaffa(screenplay by),Amanda Silver(screenplay by) and Colin Trevorrow(screenplay by)
Stars: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins, Irrfan Khan, Vincent D'Onofrio, BD Wong
Runtime: 2 Hours and 4 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Kauai and O’ahu, Hawaii
Release Date: June 12 2015

Jurassic Park 2 and 3 were alright. Jurassic Word Fallen Kingdom and Dominion were decent, not favorite of mines though [

#84. Ted (2012)
Director: Seth MacFarlane
Writers: Seth MacFarlane(screenplay by) Alec Sulkin(screenplay by) and Wellesley Wild(screenplay by)
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Seth MacFarlane (voice), Joel McHale, Giovanni Ribisi, Jessica Barth, Patrick Stewart
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 46 Minutes
Rated R
Film Location: Boston MA
Release Date: June 29 2012

A movie filled with laughter and not giving a crap if it offends it's viewers, which I like when movies do this because it makes the movie more fun to watch.

The plot is quite silly and having this creepy stalker kid wanting the talking teddy bear, it makes you want to say "go get your own f'n teddy bear, kid."

"No matter how big a splash you make in this world whether you're Corey Feldman, Frankie Muniz, Justin Bieber or a talking teddy bear, eventually, nobody gives a shit." The Narrator played by Patrick Stewart

#85. Ted 2 (2015)
Director: Seth MacFarlane
Writers: Seth MacFarlane(screenplay by) Alec Sulkin(screenplay by) and Wellesley Wild(screenplay by)
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane (voice), Amanda Seyfried, Giovanni Ribisi, Jessica Barth, Patrick Stewart, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson
Runtime: 1 Hour and 46 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Milton, Chelsea, Malden, Ipswich, Danvers, Medford, Wareham and Boston MA. Manhattan, NY. Los Angeles, CA
Release Date: June 6 2015

Not as funny as the first movie but it was still a good and enjoyable sequel to watch. It was great to see Amanda Seyfried in this movie also.

“So, If I Purchase These Trix, There’ll Be No Trouble?” - Grocery Store Customer played by Liam Neeson

#86. Fear (1996)
Director: James Foley
Writer: Christopher Crowe
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Reese Witherspoon, William Petersen, Amy Brennemen, Alyssa Milano
Genre: Drama and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 37 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Seattle, WA. Vancouver, Canada
Release Date: April 12 1996

A very pleasant thriller movie about a young teenage girl that dates this guy that she thought was this handsome and charming guy but has this dark side of him that makes him out to be this psychotic boyfriend. Mark Wahlberg does a good job at playing the part in the film.

"It could of all been different, Mr. Walker. You should have allowed nature to take its course. In the end, it will anyway. SO LET ME IN THE F*CKIN' HOUSE!" – David McCall played by Mark Wahlberg

One of my favorite parts of the movie

#87. Step Brothers (2008)
Director: Adam McKay
Writers: Will Ferrell(screenplay), Adam McKay(screenplay) and John C. Reilly(story)
Stars: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Mary Steenburgen, Richard Jenkins, Adam Scott, Kathryn Hahn
Runtime: 1 Hours and 38 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Los Angeles and San Diego, CA
Release Date: July 25 2008

Will Ferrell and John C Reilly did a fine job with this movie as they play as two aimless immature grown men that still live with their parents and stuck in their own childish worlds.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale." - Brennan Huff played by Will Ferrell

LOL is all I gotta say

#88. Can't Buy Me Love (1987)
Director: Steve Rash
Writer: Michael Swerdlick
Stars: Patrick Dempsey, Amanda Peterson, Courtney Gains, Seth Green, Tina Caspary, Sharon Farrell
Genre: Comedy, Drama and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 34 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Location: Tucson, AZ
Distributed by: Touchstone Pictures
Release Date: June 11 1986

A good high school movie that sends out a great message on what happens when trying to get yourself into the cool crowd to earn some reputation and wanting to fit in with them but of course things don't always work out that way.

It's always important to be yourself and never turn on the people that share a good friendship with you. The storyline was enjoyable and a fun movie to watch.

"Nerds, jocks. My side, your side. It's all bullshit. It's hard enough just trying to be yourself." - Ronald Miller played by Patrick Dempsey

#89. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
Director: John Hughes
Stars: Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck, Mia Sara, Jeffrey Jones, Jennifer Grey, Cindy Pickett, Lyman Ward
Runtime: 1 Hour and 43 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Northbrook, Highland Park, Winnetka and Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA
Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
Release Date: April 12 1996

This fun movie brings us on a great adventure about a high school slacker playing hooky from school. Also bringing his two friends along to join in on the fun and outsmarting the principal at school while he tries to catch Ferris in the act of playing hokey.

Imo, I think Matthew Broderick did a great job with his role as Ferris.

“Life Moves Pretty Fast. If You Don’t Stop And Look Around Once In A While, You Could Miss It.” - Ferris Bueller played by Matthew Broderick

#90. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Director: Sam Raimi
Writers: Stan Lee(comic book), Steve Ditko(comic book) and Alfred Gough(screen story)
Stars: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina, James Franco, Rosemary Harris, William Defoe
Runtime: 2 Hours and 7 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Los Angeles, CA and New York City, NY
Release Date: June 20 2004

Being a superhero can be a good thing, but there's always going to be some consequences along the way and this movie does a good job showing us why being a superhero is a hard thing to do.

"There's a hero in all of us." - May Parker played by Rosemary Harris

#91. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
Director: Jon Watts
Writers: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers and Stan Lee(based on the Marvel comic book by)
Stars: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, Jamie Foxx, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Marisa Tomei, Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, Tony Revolori
Genre: Action, Adventure and Fantasy
Runtime: 2 Hours and 28 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: New York City, NY. Fayetteville and Atlanta, GA.
Release Date: December 17 2021

One of the best Spider-Man movies made and had a blast watching this film. I like how they used different versions of spider man in this one.

"You have a gift. You have power. And with great power, there must also come great responsibility." - May Parker played by Marisa Tomei

Spiderman 1 and 3 and Homecoming were decent, The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were okay. Spiderman: Far Away From Home as an honorable mention.

#92. The Avengers (2012)
Director: Joss Whedon
Writers: Joss Whedon(screenplay) and Zak Penn(story)
Stars: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany
Runtime: 2 Hours and 23 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: New York City, NY. Albuquerque, NM. Los Angeles, CA. Cleveland, OH and Worthington, PA
Distributed by: Walt Disney Studios
Release Date: May 4 2012

I love how there's six different unique superheroes all in one movie, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor. They form an alliance that was made by Nick Fury to stop Thor's evil brother Loki from committing such an evil plan which trying to destroy earth.

My favorite character out of the bunch is Black Widow because she's a bad ass without superpowers.

"A hero? Like you? You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle." Tony Stark played by Robert Downey Jr.

The Avengers 2 as an honorable mention, Xfinity War and Endgame were okay.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

#90. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

#91. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

#93. The Avengers (2012)

What happened to #92?