Movies that Disappointed You After Viewing?

Tools    

Ugh, was I disappointed in this movie after watching it or what! This had to be the most cliche, poorly written and directed film I've seen.
Hmmm... can't say if I agree or disagree as I don't remember much of it (which itself, should tell you something). I remember it was about the very first day of the Viet Nam war.

Was this the movie where the war action kept getting broken up by showing the wives back home waiting (& dreading) letters from the military... or was that a different movie?

Hmmm... can't say if I agree or disagree as I don't remember much of it (which itself, should tell you something). I remember it was about the very first day of the Viet Nam war.

Was this the movie where the war action kept getting broken up by showing the wives back home waiting (& dreading) letters from the military... or was that a different movie?
You got it, yup that was the movie...I like Vietnam/war movies I even like...get ready for this John Wayne's The Green Berets which is far superior to We Were Soldiers. Tonight I'm watching Hamburger Hill also a Nam film.

You got it, yup that was the movie...I like Vietnam/war movies I even like...get ready for this John Wayne's The Green Berets which is far superior to We Were Soldiers. Tonight I'm watching Hamburger Hill also a Nam film.
Hamburger Hill is good (not as good as Platoon) but still good.

Perhaps, over the decades it's grown on me, but at this point I'd say Platoon is probably the greatest Nam' combat movie ever made (and I'm not really an Oliver Stone fan, so from me, that's a rave).
Hamburger Hill (1987) is maybe second, and I'm a big fan of Casualties of War (1989 starring Michael J. Fox & Sean Penn) - but which seems to have a much lesser following.

And I've never actually seen The Green Berets - I'll have to check it out sometime!

Hamburger Hill is good (not as good as Platoon) but still good.

Perhaps, over the decades it's grown on me, but at this point I'd say Platoon is probably the greatest Nam' combat movie ever made (and I'm not really an Oliver Stone fan, so from me, that's a rave).
Hamburger Hill (1987) is maybe second, and I'm a big fan of Casualties of War (1989 starring Michael J. Fox & Sean Penn) - but which seems to have a much lesser following.

And I've never actually seen The Green Berets - I'll have to check it out sometime!
I'm not a fan of Oliver Stone either but yeah I'd say Platoon is one of the greatest Nam combat movies. The only thing I didn't like about it was...Oliver Stone's acting role!

Casualties of War was really good, but a hard watch due to the tragic subject matter so I'm not too keen on a rewatch.

My favorite Nam combat movie is The Siege of Firebase Gloria.

I'm not a fan of Oliver Stone either but yeah I'd say Platoon is one of the greatest Nam combat movies. The only thing I didn't like about it was...Oliver Stone's acting role!

Casualties of War was really good, but a hard watch due to the tragic subject matter so I'm not too keen on a rewatch.

My favorite Nam combat movie is The Siege of Firebase Gloria.
I've never even heard of that last one, Rules. It's definitely going on my list!

Hamburger Hill is good (not as good as Platoon) but still good.!
Wow! I watched Hamburger Hill last night and it blew me away. I'd say it's the most realistic Nam movie that I've seen and that's based on all the documentaries I've watched with interviews from vets who were there. I liked that there was no real character development and that all the soldiers in Hamburger Hill were 'any guy types' who were just stuck in hell trying to keep alive while not really knowing what was always going on and having to follow orders to take a hill just because they were ordered to by the brass. I learned in past documentaries that there were many such hills as Hamburger Hill and it was not uncommon for the U.S. troops to take the hill then be ordered to abandoned it and move out...only to have the NVA retake the hill, causing the U.S. troops to take the hill back yet again. The futility of Vietnam war, was really brought home in Hamburger Hill.

Tonight I'm watching yet another Nam movie, Go Tell The Spartans (1978)

Wow! I watched Hamburger Hill last night and it blew me away. I'd say it's the most realistic Nam movie that I've seen and that's based on all the documentaries I've watched with interviews from vets who were there. I liked that there was no real character development and that all the soldiers in Hamburger Hill were 'any guy types' who were just stuck in hell trying to keep alive while not really knowing what was always going on and having to follow orders to take a hill just because they were ordered to by the brass. I learned in past documentaries that there were many such hills as Hamburger Hill and it was not uncommon for the U.S. troops to take the hill then be ordered to abandoned it and move out...only to have the NVA retake the hill, causing the U.S. troops to take the hill back yet again. The futility of Vietnam war, was really brought home in Hamburger Hill.

Tonight I'm watching yet another Nam movie, Go Tell The Spartans (1978)
And another movie I've never even heard of (and here I thought I was up on my Viet Nam movies)!

I just looked it up and was immediately struck by a funny piece of trivia - one of the cast is Jonathan Goldsmith. He's the guy who would go on to become "the most interesting man in the world" from the Dos Equis commercials! I never knew he had an acting career beyond commercials, but apparently he was quite prolific on TV and in movies!

Also appearing is John Megna - he played "Dill" in To Kill A Mockingbird (1962) but is best known as the "Bonk! Bonk!" kid of the episode called "Miri" from Star Trek (TOS).

Most recently, The Departed disappointed me. I just did not like it for some reason. Maybe I was disappointed about how everyone died(I guess its called "Departed" for a reason), I did not like Dicaprio, maybe just the story, or just how I felt in general... Perhaps a second viewing could help? Maybe I was not in the mood to see this one, because later I saw the Japanese art film House and I loved that even more.

Let the San Francisco man tell us my current feelings of two completely different movies:

How I felt after The Departed

How I felt after Hausu

Ugh, was I disappointed in this movie after watching it or what! This had to be the most cliche, poorly written and directed film I've seen.
I love Vietnam movies & documentaries, but if this is Mel Gibson that would ruin it for me.

I love Vietnam movies & documentaries, but if this is Mel Gibson that would ruin it for me.
I don't have a problem with Mel, just with the movie....the poorest execution of an good idea that I've ever watched. I have a bunch of Vietnam movies & docs saved to watch. Have you seen Hamburger Hill? IMO that's one of the most realistic Vietnam war movies ever made.

I don't have a problem with Mel, just with the movie....the poorest execution of an good idea that I've ever watched. I have a bunch of Vietnam movies & docs saved to watch. Have you seen Hamburger Hill? IMO that's one of the most realistic Vietnam war movies ever made.
I have to check if I’ve seen HH.

Joker with joaquin pheonix.

It's streaming on Amazon Prime and Paramount.
Looking at 5 seconds on Prime, don’t think I’ve seen it. It’s now in my watchlist. Don’t need Prime to watch it.

I don't actually wear pants.
My most recent disappointment would have to be Jurassic World Dominion. That movie is such a mess. The only Jurassic Park movie I ever really care to watch again is the first one. The rest aren't that good (although Jurassic World isn't so bad).

That last Blade Runner film. Felt like maybe I would like it more and more on repeat viewings, like the original. This one is pretty, but didn't hook me on repeat views.

I don't actually wear pants.
Thin Red Line is awful. People said it's some spiritual trek through Guadalcanal and some harrowing experience of some kind, but it's really just really boring. There is a common misconception that Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line need to be compared. They have exactly one thing in common; they are about World War II. Both are written poorly, and Thin Red Line doesn't have a story. It has cameos and random scenes, which do not make a movie good. They make a movie bad. People like to go against the norm and, again mistakenly, compare Saving Private Ryan to Thin Red Line, and prefer the latter. It's a terrible film on its own, but I guess bad writing is a common ground that encourages comparisons and contrasts? I don't know.

People like to go against the norm and, again mistakenly, compare Saving Private Ryan to Thin Red Line, and prefer the latter. It's a terrible film on its own, but I guess bad writing is a common ground that encourages comparisons and contrasts? I don't know.

Lol

Making a lot of assumptions about how other people appreciate movies, which is particularly rich considering you flipped the **** out on Wooley for supposedly demanding other people view movies like him. Which he wasn't doing, but now you are.