Do you still own your very first DVD?

Tools    

Yes, it's the 1997 release of Amadeus, which still fills the entire screen, surprisingly.

Wow, did I buy DVDs like a madman when the technology first came out! These days, I'll only buy them if the movies are unavailable on VOD or streaming. Besides rarely watching them more than once, I'm running out of places to put new ones.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I believe... SO!
yarp. The Matrix. Mom bought a new T.V. and surround sound system so I bought the Matrix DVD and fast-forwarded right to the Morpheus rescue to hear those shells dropping and the slo-mo ffrrrrrrrwHArB ffrrrrrrrwHrAB gunfire from Agent Smith.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Besides rarely watching them more than once, I'm running out of places to put new ones.
Me too. As my husband says “Those bloody things are everywhere!”

I don't remember what the first DVD was that I bought (but could probably narrow down some guesses), but the answer is, "almost certainly not." Any movie I bought during the transitionary period over from VHS to DVD, has almost certainly been replaced by a Blu-ray version.

Yeah, and I watch it now and again. It's Alex Proyas' classic, Dark City, one of my all-time favorites among sci-fi-fantasy-noir. Not many movies fit that genre, maybe also The Matrix, so when I'm in the mood, that's the one for me. I recall carrying the DVD player box out of the store with 4 movies, one of which, the first one I watched, was Dark City.

“I was cured, all right!”
Yup. It was both Star Wars Episode 3 Special Edition and Star Wars: Clone Wars part 1 (2003 TV series) in 2005/2006. I used to be a big fan of Star Wars before Disney. My mom paid since I was only 12/13 years old. It was the same day my dad bought our first DVD player. It was a Friday night. I was very, very happy that weekend. I watched EP 3 twice and all the extras.

Yeah, and I watch it now and again. It's Alex Proyas' classic, Dark City, one of my all-time favorites among sci-fi-fantasy-noir. Not many movies fit that genre, maybe also The Matrix, so when I'm in the mood, that's the one for me. I recall carrying the DVD player box out of the store with 4 movies, one of which, the first one I watched, was Dark City.
Oh, and as I recall, that first DVD player cost too much, weighed about 40 pounds and had an eerie light inside the chamber where the disk was, so you could watch it spin.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
and to confirm, yes. yes i do still have my first Matrix copy. I boxed it up this past weekend for the move and was in awe at how clean the box still is.

Probably but I have no idea what it was lol.

I think my very first DVD was Fight Club for around £24.99 in 2000!!

No, I accidentally lost it when I moved to my new house.

I sure wish I did but I lived through a great reset and now I must restart my collecting, but not yet, not until I return to a living circumstance that provides secure privacy.

My movie collection wasn't much to get excited about anyways but my next one will be formidable. I honestly cant remember my first DVD, maybe it was an action movie.